Wait, what? Help me in an argument . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    On a FB post about the unfortunate accidental shooting of the child up in Broad Ripple, someone said this as a reason to support more gun control. There is no such thing, right?

"My glock doesn't have to be chambered. Pull the trigger and it chambers one, pull again, it fires. That is why you WATCH your kids and keep the gun out of reach and locked (i bought a trigger lock)

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It is very hard to argue with people that don't have the capacity to reason. You could list multiple "things" that should be "controlled" because children die, and they will simply look at you with a blank state and say "guns, bad".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    On a FB post about the unfortunate accidental shooting of the child up in Broad Ripple, someone said this as a reason to support more gun control. There is no such thing, right?

"My glock doesn't have to be chambered. Pull the trigger and it chambers one, pull again, it fires. That is why you WATCH your kids and keep the gun out of reach and locked (i bought a trigger lock)

Ask them to quote the owner's manual and/or point to a YouTube video or something to back that claim up.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    You don't chamber a round in a glock when you pull the trigger on an empty chamber.

It was one of those things where I was like, "That guys obviously full of it, but there was still that 1% in the back of my mind going, heck, I don't know, not a Glock fan, maybe they have some new super-secret technology." LOL

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

Just one more reason to outlaw Glocks (in addition to them being plastic and butt-ugly). :whistle:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Defensive gun uses far outweigh the number of gun deaths. This child's death was more a case of negligence. Guns can be dangerous, but the only thing that would have for sure prevented it would be a complete and utter ban and confiscation of guns, certainly not simply more "gun control."

[video=youtube;YbYB6ACcRNk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYB6ACcRNk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

gunandrun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    lawrenceburg
    If my Glock work that way I would like it a lot more. I think there are a lot gun owners who do not understand that the chance of an accidental shooting is greater then a intruder into their home.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I would guess that more kids die drowning every year then from gun accidents. We don't ban water. We teach our kids to swim. Gun safety should be taught to all kids. We teach the hazards of doing drugs. Smoking etc. Why not teach gun safety awareness. Enough ranting from me....

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL

LOL. :lmfao:Such bull:poop:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If my Glock work that way I would like it a lot more. I think there are a lot gun owners who do not understand that the chance of an accidental shooting is greater then a intruder into their home.

Uh-oh.... a warning light just came on.

troll-meter.gif

alex00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011

First off, not to sound rude but I'd suggest you do some research and come up with opinions on your own and not just listen to people on Facebook or on the gun board. Look up statistics and studies done on both sides of the argument and then come to a conclusion based on your findings. Here's a tip: the best way to win an argument is to know more about the other person's stance than they do. For example: if you believe gun control is bad, don't just read up on information from other people who think it is bad. Read info from people who are pro-gun control, find holes in their argument, and then debunk it that way. I hate listening to arguments where people know a great deal about their own opinion but have no clue how to refute what the other person is saying so its a completely redundant argument. Just like people who don't like Obama but know nothing about him, his life, his ideologies, etc. so they just spout off about nonsense. I myself dislike Obama but I've read both of his autobiographies, listen to his speeches, etc. that way I can make a rational argument against him, not just say "oh he's a Muslim that wasn't born in America so I hate him."

Secondly, if that guy was serious about his Glock, I do applaud him for taking safety precautions, but that fact that he obviously has no clue how his gun works scares me because he's either very dumb or just doesn't know how to operate a firearm. Either way he probably shouldn't own a gun.

Last edited:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    First off, not to sound rude but I'd suggest you do some research and come up with opinions on your own and not just listen to people on Facebook or on the gun board. Look up statistics and studies done on both sides of the argument and then come to a conclusion based on your findings. Here's a tip: the best way to win an argument is to know more about the other person's stance than they do. For example: if you believe gun control is bad, don't just read up on information from other people who think it is bad. Read info from people who are pro-gun control, find holes in their argument, and then debunk it that way. I hate listening to arguments where people know a great deal about their own opinion but have no clue how to refute what the other person is saying so its a completely redundant argument. Just like people who don't like Obama but know nothing about him, his life, his ideologies, etc. so they just spout off about nonsense. I myself dislike Obama but I've read both of his autobiographies, listen to his speeches, etc. that way I can make a rational argument against him, not just say "oh he's a Muslim that wasn't born in America so I hate him."

Secondly, if that guy was serious about his Glock, I do applaud him for taking safety precautions, but that fact that he obviously has no clue how his gun works scares me because he's either very dumb or just doesn't know how to operate a firearm. Either way he probably shouldn't own a gun.
    This post actually makes a lot of sense and provides some good input. Coming from someone with a post count under 10 I am blown away by that. No offense intended alex00 but we get a lot of trolls and people making a run for the classifieds around here. If I hadn't given out too much rep within the last 24 hours I'd give you some.

edit: and you edited for spelling. alex00's a keeper. Welcome to :ingo: by the way. :)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Is it even possible to "win an argument" on Facebook? Most people aren't swayed by logic on the internet. They just want to have their own views spit back at them. That's pretty much the main reason I deleted my FB account. Well, that and the ads.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Statistically speaking: if society as a whole was actually concerned about the safety of children, we would have stricter driving regulations. Automobiles kill more children than firearms do.

I usually tell others that then ask them if they are prepared to drive a lot slower to save lives, because their driving is way more dangerous than me carrying a pistol...until they give up their rights why should I?

http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/pdf/10LCID_Unintentional_Deaths_2010-a.pdf

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    With this post I truly miss the grammar NAZI

This post actually makes a lot of sense and provides some good input. Coming from someone with a post count under 10 I am blown away by that. No offense intended alex00 but we get a lot of trolls and people making a run for the classifieds around here. If I hadn't given out too much rep within the last 24 hours I'd give you some.
    +1

LOL. :lmfao:Such bull:poop:
    most things out of peoples keyboards on FB= bull :poop:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom