Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Shoot the steel match at ACC then the USPSA match at Riley on Sunday. What a great weekend. You only live once.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Shoot the steel match at ACC then the USPSA match at Riley on Sunday. What a great weekend. You only live once.
    entry fees + gas money + ammo x 2 x 2... doesn't sound like much until you add it up. :):
    awesome thought, but not budget friendly. :)

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Then you'd better buy a limited gun, 'cause you may lose that 34 to her :D
    Wouldn't that be a shame? :whistle:

Coach, I'm pretty sure you're right about that. I know that you, Dave, and others have been really good with new shooters (myself included).

Like has been mentioned before, this is a great club for new shooters to get their feet wet. We all know what it's like to be new. Come on out, an hour drive isn't that much.:)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    How many rounds for the event roughly?
    Will we be alright with 3, 15round mags?

(I've actually got 4, Pami's got 3 for her P250.)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I dunno what class my P30 is going to stick me in.... Anyone know?

In USPSA, "class" refers to classification, based on ability level, not what equipment you use.

Your pistol will allow you to shoot in any of the following divisions:

Limited
    Limited 10
    Open
    Production

The best fit is Production Division, but you will be limited to 10 rounds in each magazine. Since you guys are low on magazine supply, your best bet for Sunday is probably Limited Division, where you can load your magazines to their standard capacity.

In any case, it doesn't really matter which division you enter when you're starting.

I will recommend at this time that you get more magazines. I understand budget constraints, but 3-4 magazines isn't enough even for a carry gun in my opinion. If one or two of them malfunction, you don't have enough for daily carry. If you plan on taking more class, the more magazines you have available, the better your experience will be since you won't have to spend every free moment pushing bullets into 'em.

For USPSA, you should probably have at least five or six, especially if you enter a division which limits how many rounds you can load. The stages will not have more 32 rouns, but you will find that it's not always a great idea to shoot to slide lock. Sometimes it's in your best interests to reload when you still have some rounds left in the gun because you are moving, have no targets to engage, and will need more rounds than you have when you get to the next shooting position.

More mags are always better. Yeah, they cost money. More mags are always better.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Three fifteen rounders will get you by for now if they don't malfunction. Shoot this match as a learning experience and get started learning a great game that can translate to better overall gun skills.

Rhino is right. More mags the better. For Production or L10 you need five to play the game properly. Single stack may require six on the belt.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    entry fees + gas money + ammo x 2 x 2... doesn't sound like much until you add it up. :):
    awesome thought, but not budget friendly. :)

Just don't pay the rent or mortgage this month. This is not life or death. It's shooting and that is really important.:) That said we don't take checks.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Things we learned from this event:

1. Hostages are not safe when Pami is rescuing them. They need to duck lower, or expect a new haircut.

2) Dr. Scholl's slide-on tennis shoes may be really comfortable for walking around malls, but they really suck when it comes to walking on large gravel.

c. Steel plates that fall forward only need one bullet. Nine shots will only keep them standing up. *ahem*Lars*ahem*

IV) SIGs worn in super thin IWB Kydex holsters need more padding or time to cool down after shooting 45 rounds.

e. My bullets are allergic to steel plates. Lars's ammo, however, seems to think the plates are magnetic and just fly right out of his gun into the plate. Nevermind that we were shooting the same ammo.

6) I need to figure out how to make a 3:00ish carry comfortable. 5:00 carry makes people nervous and has an easy potential to break the 180.

Photos coming eventually.

Definitely a BIG thank you to Obijohn and Rhino for making today so much fun!!! :D

Top Bottom