• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bloomington is certainly liberal. But I'm not aware of many signs. Several IU Health locations. A couple of federal or state government locations (BMV, SSA). T-Mobile, IMA, BMV, and now "fairgrounds". Anything else?

Do any of the IU Health locations have metal detectors?

:dunno:

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Do any of the IU Health locations have metal detectors?

:dunno:

Oh, to be clear:

All "no guns" signs in Indiana on private property are pointless. Unless the location is statutorily prohibited by either federal (e.g. Post Office) or state (e.g. Indiana State Capitol Building) law, the signs are merely stating the property owner's preference, not a statement of law.

But most (if not all) IU Health locations are posted "no guns". It's not illegal to carry there, but they will probably kick you out and ban you from the premises if they notice. If I'm going in for a medical procedure or exam, I won't carry (because of this above likely consequence). If I'm going in as a visitor or for a consultation, I may indeed carry.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    But that's just like any "no guns" sign in the state. Unless it's specified by law as a "gun free zone", all they can do is ask you to leave and trespass you if you refuse...
    Which is still a hassle if you are at the fair with your family.

Porter County has a regular contingent of Sheriff Deputies at the fair, but they've never seemed to be out looking for people. I've been around them on a number of occasions printing pretty well with my shirt over my OWB holster.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Oh, to be clear:

All "no guns" signs in Indiana on private property are pointless. Unless the location is statutorily prohibited by either federal (e.g. Post Office) or state (e.g. Indiana State Capitol Building) law, the signs are merely stating the property owner's preference, not a statement of law.

But most (if not all) IU Health locations are posted "no guns". It's not illegal to carry there, but they will probably kick you out and ban you from the premises if they notice. If I'm going in for a medical procedure or exam, I won't carry (because of this above likely consequence). If I'm going in as a visitor or for a consultation, I may indeed carry.

I'm familiar with the signage rules, thanks.

I have always carried at Bloomington Hospital. Many patient visitations, including a couple of births and a visit to the ER with SIL, just before the facility change.

My concern is about metal detectors on the doors, thus being outed.

:yesway:

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Bloomington is certainly liberal. But I'm not aware of many signs. Several IU Health locations. A couple of federal or state government locations (BMV, SSA). T-Mobile, IMA, BMV, and now "fairgrounds". Anything else?
    I’ve noticed small signs in windows at downtown stores and restaurants, and various places throughout town. My understanding is that when Indiana passed constitutional carry, some of the local businesses put up those signs so they could trespass you simply if they catch you open carrying or so.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I’ve noticed small signs in windows at downtown stores and restaurants, and various places throughout town. My understanding is that when Indiana passed constitutional carry, some of the local businesses put up those signs so they could trespass you simply if they catch you open carrying or so.

They don't need to put up a sign to trespass you.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Oh, to be clear:

Yep. For my appointments I don't carry (my Dr likes me to don the gown), but for my kids I do.
    Which is still a hassle if you are at the fair with your family.

Porter County has a regular contingent of Sheriff Deputies at the fair, but they've never seemed to be out looking for people. I've been around them on a number of occasions printing pretty well with my shirt over my OWB holster.
    Very true, but concealed is concealed. I've been to the Porter county fair a few times (saw Cole Swindell there) and always a good time when the lake is too rough.
    They don't need to put up a sign to trespass you.
    Just leave if you're asked to leave and hand them this (I don't carry these, but see it posted often).

unnamed.gif

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Cascades park has no gun signs, but since it is managed by Bloomington Parks and Rec the signs are in violation of IC 35-47-11.1. I always carry when I take the grandkids there to play. Hopefully, a Karen will have a tantrum and call 911. The grandkids would LOVE owning their own play ground!

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Oh, to be clear:

At one time, Methodist Hospital had metal detectors at the main entrance and by the ER, It's been a few years so I don't know if they still do or not.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    At one time, Methodist Hospital had metal detectors at the main entrance and by the ER, It's been a few years so I don't know if they still do or not.
    They do, because they have a law enforcement presence there (ie. that's one of the places cops take wounded criminals that are in police custody). Same for Eskanazi.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Stay away from the main gate.
    It's been a good 3 years since I've been to the Porter county fair, but I don't recall metal detectors. If they did indeed have them I dont recall them going off or anyone manning them either. We would always go before noon for the free admission. Don't know if that makes any difference or not however.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's been a good 3 years since I've been to the Porter county fair, but I don't recall metal detectors. If they did indeed have them I dont recall them going off or anyone manning them either. We would always go before noon for the free admission. Don't know if that makes any difference or not however.
    Last year was the first time I noticed them. I spent a lot of time there the last 10 years with a granddaughter heavily into 4H. I guess we will see if they are then this year. I think they are probably there more for show. I also don't think the back gate had them. Like I said earlier, if you were there with a livestock or horse pass, you just drive in anyway.

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    A couple years ago, I walked into a restaurant on the square that banished a stupid no firearms allowed sign on the door. I don’t recall the name of the place.

Top Bottom