• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    SOME IU Health (and many others) will have magnetometers at the ER entrances.

Eskanazi, in Indianapolis, is statutorily a NPE due to there being a secure facility within. I am not 100% sure if IU Health / the old Methodist has one or not. I do not believe they are.

So, SOME hospitals are legally NPEs. But this has nothing to do with the fairgrounds...

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    SOME IU Health (and many others) will have magnetometers at the ER entrances.

Eskanazi, in Indianapolis, is statutorily a NPE due to there being a secure facility within. I am not 100% sure if IU Health / the old Methodist has one or not. I do not believe they are.

So, SOME hospitals are legally NPEs. But this has nothing to do with the fairgrounds...
    None that I've seen. Are you aware of any with metal detectors outside of Indianapolis?

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    They do, because they have a law enforcement presence there (ie. that's one of the places cops take wounded criminals that are in police custody). Same for Eskanazi.
    I used to work there and for many years, they didn't have metal detectors. I understand why, it's a combination of the are where the hospital is located as well as on weekends, the ED becomes a zoo. Just before I left IUH, they converted their Safety and Security department to a sworn police force. They have to deal with a lot of bad situations there. The difference between Eskanzi and Methodist is that Eskanzi houses the county detention unit so carrying there is prohibited by law. Not so at Methodist.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    None that I've seen. Are you aware of any with metal detectors outside of Indianapolis?
    OAS St. Joseph Medical Center in Normal, IL did 7 years ago. That count?

And, I can honestly say that other than the one in IL and IU Methodist's ER entrance; I don't recall seeing any. But I'm rarely, if ever, in hospitals. Thankfully.

Another one of them that I *have* visited rings a bell in my brain that they had them present, but for the life of me I cannot recall where that was. MAY have been Community South.

I do suggest, though, that the hospitals most likely to have them are in urban areas.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Obviously the 4H youth have their animals there for show. Despite the “no pets no firearms” sign at the fair in Bloomington, quite a few people had dogs with them anyway.
    And I saw a guy open carrying (and poorly so at that) I saw him a couple times over the course of two hours, so he must have not been asked to leave.

nickc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Yep as the others have stated. You could be trespassed if you don't comply with their wishes, but that's all

Top Bottom