• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The problem is they teach this at school and parents and the church teaches creation it does confuse children...especially small children...hell it confuses me. I have to believe someone is wrong somewhere.

My children always side with me. I cannot count the number of times one of my boys have come home from school and posed a question based on something a teacher has said. I simply tell them the teacher is wrong and point them in the direction to further educate themselves so they do not just have to take my word for it.

There were at least 2 occasions I had to restrain myself from going to the school and giving the teacher an education. Thank God for beer and tobacco :D

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I believe the general consensus is 4.5 billion years..

Remember, we are discussing ID here, not Christianity, and not necessarily my personal beliefs..

I understand the topic. It seems as if you want 8.9 weeks of the semester to be science but during the last minute of the last day you want to say "there could also be a creator of every known species". Class dismissed. The inverse would work as well. "There could be a creator of every know species, or here is some science that explains speciation."

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I understand the topic. It seems as if you want 8.9 weeks of the semester to be science but during the last minute of the last day you want to say "there could also be a creator of every known species". Class dismissed. The inverse would work as well. "There could be a creator of every know species, or here is some science that explains speciation."

Back in my day, that is exactly what was taught. More than a minute, but I remember several of my science teachers giving at least some time to ID..

I vividly remember one teacher in particular, that said he would feel remiss if he did not give time to both popular, and unpopular theories, for the very reasons I have been discussing.. Unpopular theories sometimes become popular with time..

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Back in my day, that is exactly what was taught. More than a minute, but I remember several of my science teachers giving at least some time to ID..

I vividly remember one teacher in particular, that said he would feel remiss if he did not give time to both popular, and unpopular theories, for the very reasons I have been discussing.. Unpopular theories sometimes become popular with time..

Did he provide evidence?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Do you have a fossil of the transitional species?

Have you found the "missing link"?

If so, please post. Many would be interested.

Possibly??

090519-missing-link-found_big.jpg

See, in this case the evidence can be supported or refuted. Evolutionary theory is about the change, and supporting evidence exists - even if the theory does not indicate the origin of life.

Now, can we get some of that ID evidence?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    The pic on the right looks like an xray of the pic on the left

Yup - meet Ida, found in 2009. People have claimed this find to be the missing link - others have refuted the claim. This is how science works.

Still waiting for evidence that supports ID....

Shall we do this in another thread, since this is teh VP debate thread??

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I have been out of high school almost 30 years, lol.. I know he went over the theories, how much detail I do not recall..

Fair enough.

My evidence is available to anyone posting on INGO that knows how to use a search engine. Your public library. Your local university. My scientific evidence is available 24/7.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yup - meet Ida, found in 2009. People have claimed this find to be the missing link - others have refuted the claim. This is how science works.

Nah, this thread is good:D

I am still waiting for evidence of evolution too.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Don't bother, lol, ID vs Evolution debates usually don't stay open long ..

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    See, what we are leaving out of this argument is whether or not one accepts evolution, OR whether we accept evolution as "Origin of Our Species".

It has nothing to do with accepting the theory - it has to do with the advancement of science, and getting closer to reaching that answer.

For intelligent design to be taken seriously - evidence has to be provided to validate or dispute the claim. "Well, you don't have the missing link" is not evidence in favor of ID.

Since nobody ever wants to provide evidence in favor of ID, nobody in the scientific community has anything to study. When nobody provides evidence, and nobody studies provided evidence - a theory is not taken seriously. If a theory is not taken seriously - it never becomes popular. Whining that it is not a popular theory - without attempting to provide any supporting evidence - is futile.

Simply arguing against evolutionary theory is not the same thing as providing empirical evidence in favor of intelligent design.

If you want ID to be considered a reputable scientific theory - work has to be done. Nobody that claims to be working towards this end ever seems to provide any evidence. No evidence means no legitimacy - which in turn leads to it not being taught in schools.

Last edited:

John James

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    I provide evidence. You reject it. This is a merely a symptom of the disease.

I have no skin in the game.

Truth is truth regardless of what I do or do not believe.

Do you have a fossil of the transitional species?

Have you found the "missing link"?

If so, please post. Many would be interested.

Top Bottom