• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Maybe we are just looking at this intrusion as a "win" for us, finally, and therefore support it. . .

Actually, I'm looking at it as the business is intruding by keeping me from protecting myself for the entire day from when I leave home in the morning until I get back home at a semi-random point in the evening. My trip in to work is without the protection that I'm legally entitled to, my trip home is likewise unprotected. If I decide to go anywhere other than home after work, I'm unprotected for the evening. That is what is at stake here, not the time that I'm at work.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Actually, I'm looking at it as the business is intruding by keeping me from protecting myself for the entire day from when I leave home in the morning until I get back home at a semi-random point in the evening. My trip in to work is without the protection that I'm legally entitled to, my trip home is likewise unprotected. If I decide to go anywhere other than home after work, I'm unprotected for the evening. That is what is at stake here, not the time that I'm at work.

Are you required to park on company property for some reason? Not trying to be a smart-***. . .

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And, as always, it is up to YOU whether or not to abide by corporate policy. . .
    On edit: I understand the parking situation,but I've done some walking (and I have disregarded policy) before.

Does your employer suspect you have a firearm in your car? If not, don't give him one. I've never been asked before, and currently don't have to worry. . .

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I abide by both the law and company policy. I don't appreciate your implication that I'm violating either. This bill is about allowing me to protect myself when I'm *not* at work. You are clearly missing the point.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I apologize, I fail to see where I insinuated any such thing.

If protecting yourself is more important than your job, you can quit.
    If abiding by policy is more important than protecting yourself, then don't carry.
    If protecting yourself is more important than abiding by a unenforceable (vehicle search) policy that you don't like, then carry.

rev500ss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Royal Center
    In the past I have had vehicles damaged while parked in the parking lot of the company that I work for, their line is sorry we're not responsible for damage to your vehicle while your on our property. In my opinion if this is the companies philosophy then they shouldn't have the right to say what you have in your car while you are at work. I would hope that most people are smart enough to lock their vehicles anyways especially if they have something of value or a firearm in it to begin with. Just my :twocents:

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I work in a "really bad" part of town. At least half of the shootings you hear about in Indy is within a 5 mile radius of work. When I get off at 9 pm I want to be able to protect myself when I am on my way home. If they dont want me to carry at work so be it, but what they dont know about my vehicle wont hurt them. And I know I am not the only one there that does it.

Top Bottom