• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Just remember the right to determine the best use of your own property is just one vote away and it may be the mob determining what to do with YOUR property next.

May be they'll want the right to collect endangered gnat puke at any hour of the night or day of the week. They only need one dead beat loser who's never owned or worked a day in his life with "don't bother me none" on their side than you can bribe on yours.

I don't see how people can belly ache about the state condeming land and taking it and then turn around and think the price of a gun comes with the right to access some one else's property and make use of it as they please. You sure don't have any gripe with any tax if you think you've purchased the right to make use of another's property with the cost of a $50 Raven POS. It's no different than zoning, taxes or any other robbery by ballot box and desearves to be met with bullets the same as most other taxes desearved a long time ago before it was too late.
    To be fair, Jack, this bill doesn't grant anyone the right to be on someone else's property. Trespassing is still enforceable, regardless of whether this bill passes or not. I can have you thrown out of my business for any reason whatsoever.

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    I think the real solution is to make employers and businesses liable for damages in their "gun free" zones. Really the decision makers at the business should be considered accessories to the crime since their policies allowed it to happen.

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    YES--- heres the poll right now,

popup_header_scene_280x30.gif

Should people be allowed to bring guns to their workplaces if they are kept locked in their vehicles?

*Choice Votes Percentage of 3001 Votes *

Yes: 1758
    1444592.gif
    59%

No: 1153
    1444592.gif
    38%

I don't know.: 90
    1444592.gif
    3%

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Forcing business owners to allow guns onto their property is no different than forcing the owner(s) to recognize a union their employees want to form/join.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Why bother when you can form a mob of own nothings and vote your right to do as you please on property some one else worked their life to own?

Like those business owners in some areas that are forced to allow their employees to join/form a union? What about those unions who use the federal government as their muscle when it comes to labor disputes?

Government has been telling property/business owners what to do with their property for decades. Sometimes you got to take the good with the bad. This isn't my opinion, just the way things are.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Forcing business owners to allow guns onto their property is no different than forcing the owner(s) to recognize a union their employees want to form/join.

And it's no different than forcing food vendors to keep their kitchens clean. And it's no different from forcing business owners to follow fire codes.

Where does it end? If we force businesses to not sell spoilled meat or food from bulging cans, next thing you know we'll require them to buy from the Mayor's third cousin. Where does it end?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Like those business owners in some areas that are forced to allow their employees to join/form a union? What about those unions who use the federal government as their muscle when it comes to labor disputes?

Government has been telling property/business owners what to do with their property for decades. Sometimes you got to take the good with the bad. This isn't my opinion, just the way things are.

It's not even close to the same thing.

Business don't dictate to you if you are allowed to joing the NRA or not. The NRA can even try to negotiate on your behalf and will.
    It's up to the company to decide if they want to negotiate with them or not just the same as it is if they choose to negotiate with a union their employees have freely chosen to join, or the AARP, NWTF, Farm Bureua or what ever.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    This bill has been submitted the last couple of years in the Indiana legislature. It has been passing in the Senate, but Pat Bauer keeps killing it by sending it to committee in the House where it never comes back out. Here's hoping the 2010 elections shift things enough to allow a proper up-or-down vote.

It has been re-introduced for this year, but I'm not optimistic it will go anywhere this session. Latest bill here.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Another "Yes" vote. I would personally bring it in my vehicle anyway. What grounds does any employer have to search your vehicle. I'm sure that there is nothing that could legally be done. I am sure that one would get terminated but, on the other hand, it would surely be grouds for a law suit... and that may be just what the issue needs to get the spot light put on it and a victory for our side. To deny the person the right to bear arms is simply unconstitutional!!!!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Another "Yes" vote. I would personally bring it in my vehicle anyway. What grounds does any employer have to search your vehicle. I'm sure that there is nothing that could legally be done. I am sure that one would get terminated but, on the other hand, it would surely be grouds for a law suit... and that may be just what the issue needs to get the spot light put on it and a victory for our side. To deny the person the right to bear arms is simply unconstitutional!!!!

Just wanna add, I would also make sure that the firearm was secured in a lock box of some sort. Not for legal reasons. Just to be a responsible firearm owner.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm kinda in the air on this; I voted yes, but I can see where Jack is coming from. If I don't want a certain object on my property, I absolutely have the right to deny the presence of said object. If you decide to leave the object in your holding place on property that does not belong to me, then go for it!

Ultimately, this issue should be solved on a case by case basis between EMPLOYEES and EMPLOYERS. My fellow employees had a discussion with our employer, and it's now allowable to keep your gun in your car, but not on your person while on the clock. Maybe someday that too will change.

The government has NOOOO business levying more restrictions and mandates on PRIVATE businesses. Maybe we are just looking at this intrusion as a "win" for us, finally, and therefore support it. . .

Top Bottom