Vote for me or get fired. My family owns voting machines.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Well why did you not go through the effort to buy American made sneakers? Because you can by american made sneakers.

Where do they make American sneakers and do they cost less than $90 a pair? If they do not, they are paying someone too much money to stitch together pieces of leather. I can get my shoes for 30-40 bucks, it is a global market and Americans are outpricing and outsourcing their own work.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Seems to me the unions are the ones who hate vouchers and charter schools.

One of the best pieces of evidence we could have that charter schools are working is that they are successfully competing for students, not only against under-performing, inner-city public schools, but also against private schools.
    Despite naysayers’ complaints, this is good news for taxpayers, who are at least buying satisfactory education with their tax dollars, as well as for families that no longer feel the need to pay private school tuition. But charter schools are no panacea for the broader problem: Too many places in America pay too much for education that produces too little in the way of result.
    Charter Schools And Vouchers Getting Results « Palisades Hudson Financial Group

Okay, let's take a step back and take a good hard look at this. If everybody gets vouchers, and get to pick what private/magnet/parochial schools they can go to, what do public schools get? The ones who couldn't get in anywhere else? That doesn't seem fair. It also doesn't seem fair that if the public schools get the "bottom of the barrel" that they should be the ONLY ones that the teachers get merit-based pay based on student performance.

Now, I'm not for fixing education, but vouchers aren't the long term solution. They are a bandaid on an amputated leg. I know education needs to be fixed, but this isn't the way. We have an existing system that deserves our attention to fix it, not just throw it away on something new and shiny.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The plot thickens!

Tony Tamer, H.I.G.’s founder, turns out to be a major bundler for the Mitt Romney campaign, along with three other directors of H.I.G. who are also big-time money raisers for Romney.

Indeed, as fate would have it, two of those directors—Douglas Berman and Brian Schwartz— were actually in attendance at the now infamous “47 percent” fundraiser in Boca Raton, Florida.

From Forbes.

Romney Family Investment Ties To Voting Machine Company That Could Decide The Election Causing Concern - Forbes

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    The plot thickens!

Tony Tamer, H.I.G.’s founder, turns out to be a major bundler for the Mitt Romney campaign, along with three other directors of H.I.G. who are also big-time money raisers for Romney.

Indeed, as fate would have it, two of those directors—Douglas Berman and Brian Schwartz— were actually in attendance at the now infamous “47 percent” fundraiser in Boca Raton, Florida.

From Forbes.

Romney Family Investment Ties To Voting Machine Company That Could Decide The Election Causing Concern - Forbes

I'm sure some will simply say Forbes has been bought by the Obama administration. If they even bother to read the article.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I'm sure some will simply say Forbes has been bought by the Obama administration. If they even bother to read the article.

I not only read the article, but I also did a little research on the author. He, Ric Ungar, is the resident "left-winger" at Forbes on-line..... hired specifically to give the views of the Dems on certain issues.

He also was/is a career 'animated film producer' and was president of Marvel Productions in 1992. So admittedly, he is given to making things up.

Sometimes, you have to consider the source....... :rolleyes:

Shelly1582

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I not only read the article, but I also did a little research on the author. He, Ric Ungar, is the resident "left-winger" at Forbes on-line..... hired specifically to give the views of the Dems on certain issues.

He also was/is a career 'animated film producer' and was president of Marvel Productions in 1992. So admittedly, he is given to making things up.

Sometimes, you have to consider the source....... :rolleyes:

Rather than "researching" the author in an attempt to discredit him, why not research the facts of the article and discredit them?:dunno: Do you ever accept news from sources that are not openly bias to your views? If not you are missing a lot of interesting and informative news. I like reading things from differing viewpoints. If everyone agreed all the time, communication would be very dull.

Edited to add that while you find this article to be obvious fiction, partially, because it was written by a former president of Marvel productions, the majority of people on this board swear that no one should vote without first viewing the movie 2016. I see irony :)

Top Bottom