• ...and so much more!
  • JfalzoneNRA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Thank you, abnk.

And the link he listed is a great tool for voting for pro-2nd Amendment candidates.

I wish it was possible to endorse all pro-2nd Amendment candidates. However, since that isn't possible we give them grades ranging from A to F.

That public grade helps their campaign efforts.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I don't understand how a campaign can be run to defeat Obama, if there is no candidate chosen to endorse.
    Defeat him with what?

Toward the end of the '08 campaign, Obama ran a heavy pro-second amendment in IN. I personally know people who bought into it. Exposing his true position educates these dense people. What's not to understand about that?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is this when we take take the moral high ground on some issue of questionable significance to prove the point that the NRA is not perfect? ****ing pathetic.

I check this link for endorsements: NRA-PVF | Grades & Endorsements

Thank you for your work, Mr. Falzone.

They have an opportunity to endorse a pro gun candidate and they're punting. I'll pass. Have a good one.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Toward the end of the '08 campaign, Obama ran a heavy pro-second amendment in IN. I personally know people who bought into it. Exposing his true position educates these dense people. What's not to understand about that?

Are Romney's anti gun views going to be exposed as well or is this just to attack Obama, so Romney looks good.

JfalzoneNRA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Are Romney's anti gun views going to be exposed as well or is this just to attack Obama, so Romney looks good.

Obama is the threat.

1) Obama supported a shutdown of all gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park - a move that would have closed 99% of gun stores nationwide.
    2) Obama supported Ted Kennedy's ammo ban to outlaw deer hunting ammo.
    3) Obama green-lighted discussions toward the UN Arms Trade Treaty
    4) Obama is one vote away from a Supreme Court gun-ban majority
    5) Obama's regulatory "czar", Cass Sunstein, wants to ban hunting and says animals should be represented in court.
    6) Obama is trying to slash funding for the Armed Pilots Program designed to prevent terror attacks
    7) Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt American gun makers
    8) Obama's administration illegally smuggled guns to Mexican drug lords
    9) Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder said we need to "really brainwash people" against guns.
    10) Obama admits he's coming for our guns when he told Sarah Brady "We are working on gun control, but under the radar."
    11) Obama opposed your right to carry a firearm
    12) Obama supports gun owner licensing and registration
    13) Obama voted to ban semi-auto rifles, handguns, and ammo
    14) Obama voted to criminally prosecute you if you ever use a firearm in self-defense
    15) the Obama administration blocked the importation of M1 Garand Rifles into the US and tried to ban countless types of shotguns.

So I think working to defeat Obama is the right route. I don't think any other presidential candidate's record looks like the 15 items I just listed.

I hope you vote November 6th.

JfalzoneNRA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Lafayette, IN

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Obama is the threat.

1) Obama supported a shutdown of all gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park - a move that would have closed 99% of gun stores nationwide.
    5) Obama's regulatory "czar", Cass Sunstein, wants to ban hunting and says animals should be represented in court.
    6) Obama is trying to slash funding for the Armed Pilots Program designed to prevent terror attacks
    7) Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt American gun makers
    9) Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder said we need to "really brainwash people" against guns.
    10) Obama admits he's coming for our guns when he told Sarah Brady "We are working on gun control, but under the radar."
    14) Obama voted to criminally prosecute you if you ever use a firearm in self-defense
    15) the Obama administration blocked the importation of M1 Garand Rifles into the US and tried to ban countless types of shotguns.

So I think working to defeat Obama is the right route. I don't think any other presidential candidate's record looks like the 15 items I just listed.

I will indeed vote on election day, but it won't be for Romney...

At least one frontrunner candidate stands in contrast with a decidedly mixed record on the gun issue. While Mitt Romney likes to “talk the pro-gun talk,” he has not always walked the walk.

“The Second Amendment protects the individual right of lawful citizens to keep and bear arms. I strongly support this essential freedom,” Romney assures gun owners these days.

But this is the same Mitt Romney who, as governor, promised not to do anything to “chip away” at Massachusetts’ extremely restrictive gun laws.

“We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them,” he said during a gubernatorial debate. “I won’t chip away at them; I believe they protect us and provide for our safety.”

Even worse, Romney signed a law to permanently ban many semi-automatic firearms. “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense,” Romney said in 2004. “They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

Romney also spoke in favor of the Brady law’s five day waiting period on handguns. The Boston Herald quotes Romney saying, “I don’t think (the waiting period) will have a massive effect on crime but I think it will have a positive effect.”

Mitt Romney doesn’t seem to understand the meaning of “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.”

And that makes it all the more troubling that Romney refuses to answer GOA’s simple candidate questionnaire. In our more than 36 years of experience, a candidate is usually hiding anti-gun views if he or she refuses to come clean in writing with specific commitments to the Second Amendment.

Today, Romney may be a favorite “Republican Establishment” candidate of the national press corps. But that is exactly what gun owners DON’T need in a new President. We need someone who will stand by true constitutional principles and protect the Second Amendment.

Mitt Romney in the 2002 Massachusetts Gubernatorial debate. Part of the quote can be read in this article at Scot Lehigh, “Romney vs. Romney,” Boston Globe (January 19, 2007) at:

Mitt Romney for President: context

“Romney signs off on permanent assault weapons ban,” July 8, 2004, at: Romney signs off on permanent assault weapons ban / iBerkshires.com - The Berkshires online guide to events, news and Berkshire County community information.

Mitt Romney, quoted by Joe Battenfeld in the Boston Herald, Aug. 1, 1994.

Source: Gun Rights and Mitt Romney - Gun Owners Of America

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Obama is the threat.

Mitt Romney and Gun Control

I really hope you don't think that Romney would be any better/different. Since you should know your way around the NRA's various pages, check out MA gun laws. Check out quotes from Romney about gun control. Check out his record regarding gun control. Before someone says it, I don't care about his most recent quote on gun control (after the Aurora shooting) because my guess is he is trying hard to find votes from a group that shouldn't like his stance (if they actually took the time to research it).

I will be voting November 6th but it won't be for Barry O or Willard.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008

Probably not since that will serve no purpose in defeating Obama. Romney cannot win without the pro-second amendment vote. Obama can.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Probably not since that will serve no purpose in defeating Obama. Romney cannot win without the pro-second amendment vote. Obama can.

Defeating Obama includes defeating his agenda which includes liberals in Congress.

I agree, Romney doesn't appear to be "good" on gun control, but clearly the lesser of our two evils we have been given

Crocodator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    Hancock County
    I think we all wish there were a candidate who would truly stand for our rights and freedoms, but the reality is that either Romney or Obama is going to win. I wish there were another realistic possibility, but until we see a greater change in the media and our current 2-party system that isn't going to happen.

In my opinion, the best thing the NRA can do this time around is demonstrate political clout to remind the new president of the many Americans who can and do vote to protect individual liberties. Pushing anti-gun and anti-freedom legislation has to have political cost that outweighs the short-term benefits politicians could get from other constituencies.

Maybe someday we will have statesmen again in leadership in this country (or stateswomen :)). For now though we only have opportunists and political mercenaries, and they need to be a little bit afraid of the people.

JfalzoneNRA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Thank you for your input and support gentlemen.

I think we can all agree that we need to:
    1) Defeat Obama
    2) Defeat anti-gun Senators
    3) Protect our pro-gun power in the House.

Let's do that this November! If you or anyone is interested in volunteering some of your time email me at JFalzoneNRA@gmail.com

I hope to meet you all. I will be at the NWI Meet & Shoot at the Winamac DNR on July 29th. Hope to see you there!

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Thank you for your input and support gentlemen.

I think we can all agree that we need to:
    1) Defeat Obama
    2) Defeat anti-gun Senators
    3) Protect our pro-gun power in the House.

Let's do that this November! If you or anyone is interested in volunteering some of your time email me at JFalzoneNRA@gmail.com

I hope to meet you all. I will be at the NWI Meet & Shoot at the Winamac DNR on July 29th. Hope to see you there!

To defeat him, you must have a successor. Defeating one oppressor to elect another oppressor gains us nothing.

Top Bottom