• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I am unsure. I wish I could give you an answer. But I am the field representative. I do not make the decision on if/when endorsements are made and I do not make the decision on who receives an endorsement.

My job is to make sure the endorsed candidates become elected.

To be endorsed:
    - the survey has to be completed and sent to the NRA
    - the race has to be a pro-gun candidate vs. an anti-gun candidate
    - it needs to be a CLOSELY contested race

Is all of the NRA's efforts going to be directed towards the national level or are the state candidates going to get some attention in the first line of defense against a corrupt federal government? Even a simple "endorsement" goes a long way towards building credibility with the locals in state races ...

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    We have already made 2 endorsements in Indiana.

Jackie Walorski for Congress (Indiana's Second Congressional District)

Larry Bucshon for Congress (Indiana's Eighth Congressional District)

Please thank the NRA for endorsing Larry Bucshon.. he's from my neck of the woods...:yesway:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think we all wish there were a candidate who would truly stand for our rights and freedoms, but the reality is that either Romney or Obama is going to win. I wish there were another realistic possibility, but until we see a greater change in the media and our current 2-party system that isn't going to happen.

In my opinion, the best thing the NRA can do this time around is demonstrate political clout to remind the new president of the many Americans who can and do vote to protect individual liberties. Pushing anti-gun and anti-freedom legislation has to have political cost that outweighs the short-term benefits politicians could get from other constituencies.

Maybe someday we will have statesmen again in leadership in this country (or stateswomen :)). For now though we only have opportunists and political mercenaries, and they need to be a little bit afraid of the people.

The NRA has a chance to endorse a candidate that is absolutely pro gun but they won't. I guess it's like Jesse and Al. If racism went away, they'd no longer be relevant. If the threat to gun rights went away, the NRA would no longer be relevant.

NRA, you can have my money when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    The NRA has a chance to endorse a candidate that is absolutely pro gun but they won't. I guess it's like Jesse and Al. If racism went away, they'd no longer be relevant. If the threat to gun rights went away, the NRA would no longer be relevant.

NRA, you can have my money when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

Hmm... Never thought of it like that, but there is some truth to it.

I wounder how much the top executives gets payed? Not just the top dog, but what about the top 20 people?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Hmm... Never thought of it like that, but there is some truth to it.

I wounder how much the top executives gets payed? Not just the top dog, but what about the top 20 people?

The NRA is giving a de facto endorsement to Romney because they don't have the balls to officially endorse Romney. Why? Because they'll lose money. This way, they think they're appeasing libertarians.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Rare Hilarity

I hope you aren't standing at the mailbox waiting on my donation.

Normally, I try to steer clear of the General Interest / Political section of INGO because I just end up in a bad mood after reading some blowhard's stupid post.

You Sir, had a hilarious post that actually brightened my evening a little.

Well done.

frabz-Well-played-8070ef.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Are they attacking Romney's record like Obama's?

Now? I don't know. I know they did when he was Gov. of Massachusetts.

But I know of no statements endorsing or even flirting with an endorsement.

Don't you know: just like a vote for Johnson is the same thing as voting for Obama, a non-endorsement of Johnson is an endorsement of Romney?

Yes, yes, and I want a pony.

We shall see what happens. There was a lot of misinformation about endorsements in the past, e.g. Reid, so we shall see what their position is. My guess: anti-Obama and focus on key races where they can make a difference.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We shall see what happens. There was a lot of misinformation about endorsements in the past, e.g. Reid, so we shall see what their position is. My guess: anti-Obama and focus on key races where they can make a difference.

The same thought occured to me too.

That's why the LP's will insist the NRA implicitly endorsed Romney.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    One criticism I've often heard about the NRA is that they compromise too much. That may be true, but consider this...

During the last census (2010) the USA had a population of almost 314 million people (313,998,000).

Estimates of the number of gun owners in the USA range from 39% and 50%. I personally think it's higher but let's consider this range as accurate. That is 122,459,220 to 156,999,000 or between approximately 122.5 million and approximately 157 million gun owners.

I believe the NRA membership is around 4 million. Or approximately 1.27% of gun owners are NRA members.

Do you think the NRA would have to compromise EVER if every gun owner joined the NRA? What about 90%? What about 75%? 50%? 10%?

Top Bottom