• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Violence by proxy is something a lot of folks, especially anti-gun types, don't think about. A person isn't morally superior because they rely on others to protect them instead of taking the responsibility on themselves. Whether a homeowner shoots an armed intruder himself or calls the police to do it for him, the outcome is the same.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Violence by proxy is something a lot of folks, especially anti-gun types, don't think about. A person isn't morally superior because they rely on others to protect them instead of taking the responsibility on themselves. Whether a homeowner shoots an armed intruder himself or calls the police to do it for him, the outcome is the same.

Yep. I'm reminded of the line about gun grabbers believing in the moral superiority of a woman beaten, raped, and strangled with her own pantyhose in an alley over the woman standing over the rapidly-cooling body of her would-be rapist, explaining to police how he got those .45 caliber holes punched in his torso and skull.

OK, so it's two lines. ;) and as usual, the gun grabbers got the definition of "superiority" wrong.

Blessings,
    Bill

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Mind blown. Thanks. I didnt really think about it that way. Well, I actually was aware of the philosophy on a very macro, abstract level. This brought those abstract ideas into a tangible construct.

Thanks!

Now to decide of its worthy of resharing on the book of faces or if it will simply cause the sheeple to freak and bury their heads in the sand.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Escapist fantasies of the John Lennon “Imagine” variety corrupt our ability to see the world as it is, and be honest with ourselves about the naturalness of violence to the human animal.

Every time I hear that song, I call B.S.!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Yeah, a sorely needed perspective to be introduced to the masses. This is one of the more insightful reads I have seen in quite a while.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Mind blown. Thanks. I didnt really think about it that way. Well, I actually was aware of the philosophy on a very macro, abstract level. This brought those abstract ideas into a tangible construct.

Thanks!

Now to decide of its worthy of resharing on the book of faces or if it will simply cause the sheeple to freak and bury their heads in the sand.

I know what you mean. It's been something on the back of my mind but haven't been able to fully conceptualize until seeing it in print. My SIL likes to think highly of herself because she wouldn't do violence to save herself or her family. But I'll bet she'd call the cops to do it for her and still believe she's retained her moral superiority.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I guess I'd be surprised if most people really don't realize that fact. They do, they just don't think about it, any more than they think about where their milk comes from, other than from the grocery store.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I guess I'd be surprised if most people really don't realize that fact. They do, they just don't think about it, any more than they think about where their milk comes from, other than from the grocery store.

Hunterrebuff.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Great read. Thanks for posting. Another thing I've wondered about is how many of those "peaceful" anti-gun types would advocate for the use of violence against peaceful pro-gun types if it ever came down to the confiscation of firearms?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Seriously?

One thing I found online said that was a hoax image, but it's still funny.

Great read. Thanks for posting. Another thing I've wondered about is how many of those "peaceful" anti-gun types would advocate for the use of violence against peaceful pro-gun types if it ever came down to the confiscation of firearms?

Sadly, probably many would, as well as some "on the fence", who really are neither pro nor anti gun. After all, if they're being confiscated, that means that someone made them illegal to own, never mind that pesky Constitution, and if we own them, we are then breaking the law, and thus, force is authorized. We brought it on ourselves, after all, when we didn't just give them up when we could have.

I don't know whether to :rolleyes: or :ugh: at that.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I like it. I am going to use it as a discussion prompt next year in my history class. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I can tie it some common core reading standard.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    One thing I found online said that was a hoax image, but it's still funny.

Sadly, probably many would, as well as some "on the fence", who really are neither pro nor anti gun. After all, if they're being confiscated, that means that someone made them illegal to own, never mind that pesky Constitution, and if we own them, we are then breaking the law, and thus, force is authorized. We brought it on ourselves, after all, when we didn't just give them up when we could have.

I don't know whether to :rolleyes: or :ugh: at that.

Its a shame that my pontoon boat sank while I was transporting my gun safe to its new home. :shady:

Top Bottom