• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    We had our Garand/Springfield/Vintage rifle match a couple of weeks ago at Ft Wayne Rifle and Revolver.

We have one long time competitor, who we all love and admire, who shows up at ALL of our matches with some type of Vintage rifle. Usually a K-31 or Swedish Mauser. His name is John Robinson and I am always grateful to see him at yet another match. Look up his name in the match results section and you will see that he is always competitive...

John has been battling Pancreatic cancer for two years now. If he can still compete, anyone can. He is my hero and inspiration.

Anyway, you are always welcome to shoot matches with whatever rifle you choose to bring. Magazine fed semi auto or stripper clip fed bolt are best though.

Match schedules can be found at Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club... Home

Regards

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Max range at FWRR is 300 yards. We shoot the NRA National Match Course and sometimes the Regional Match Course. The NMC is 10 rounds slow fire standing at 200 yards, 10 shots rapid fire, sitting at 200 yards (with a reload or mag change) 10 shots rapid fire prone at 300 yards (with a reload or mag change) and 20 shots slow fire prone at 600 yards. With a 300 max range, we and Wildcat Valley use the MR63 reduced target to simulate 600 yards. (MR63 is "medium range 600 reduced to 300 yard)

It is a darn tough little target.

It is actually easier to shoot the full 600 yard target...I cleaned that little MR63 target for the very first time at Wildcat Valley last week with 8 X's. I am pretty proud of that.....If you go to their wbsite and look up the match results, you get to learn my real name.

The regional course doubles up the number of shots at each yard line. Also, you get two sighter shots at each yard line.

I am willing to mentor anyone who is willing to show up......

Just show up and ID yourself as a new shooter. Someone will take you under their wing. We are all friends that maybe just don't know each other yet.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    WOW thanks for the input so far.
    Sloughfoot (or anyone), out of curiosity is there a generally accepted order of accuracy of rifles in the vintage category. Obviously this is a "all other things considered equal" kind of question because I could show up with a space gun and get beat by IndyGunWorks and his muzzle loader if you also consider shooters ability. It looks like a lot of Garand shooters, and from results I am finding on the web Swiss Mauser types do well. I really could care less to win or beat anyone but that sounds like an incredible way to enjoy some of my vintage rifles.

meyersgold

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Otterbein
    ISRA .30 Cal Service Rifle Match
    Oct 3 9:00 am
    ISRA Range, Bonfield, IL

The "Jurassic" Rifle Tournament!

Rifles allowed: .Any safe rifle. may fire this match. {Safe operating condition; Not over .32 caliber (except black powder); No magnums; No muzzle brakes.} But to be in competition for awards you must fire a .30 caliber, U.S. service rifles of any era.

$20 fee per match, $25 after 9/26.

Claude Heale
    815-553-0591

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    SmileDocHill, you are right, it is a great and fun way to put those old rifles to work. Who knows, if you are good enough, and the rifle is good enough, and the stars are aligned just right..........

Its all good.....but you gotta play the game for the rewards.

Come on out.

Regards

Top Bottom