Video of police brutality from Wall Street protests...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    ^^^ That is interesting isn't it? How come Tea Partiers aren't being accosted in like ways?

Probably because the cops know the Tea Party people carry guns and won't take as kindly to having their women assaulted as most of these lib's do.

It's easier to brutalize someone who you know can't/won't fight back and the handful of bad cops who are doing it are cowards. Cowards only attack the weak and defenseless.

Goinggreyfast:

You do realize there are tea party contingents protesting and participating in the occupy wall street (and other areas) as well don't you? :rolleyes:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I talked to an officer who oversees the protesters in Washington D.C. There is a right way and a wrong way to protest. His department was very helpful to those who want to protest in a peaceful manner. He allows them to have a time and an area designated for the protest following the filing of the proper paperwork. There are guidelines set out and the department will help. The trouble comes when protesters take it upon themselves to become destructive in nature. Surely, the NYPD would not allow 1000 people to occupy a bridge for there message. Hence 700 arrests. Seattle would not allow flash mobs to devestate the business area (looting). Hence mass arrests. People blocking public entrances to businesses are not acceptable and some will get locked up. I have to say we all did not see the warnings given prior to the arrests and the use of the OC (which in my opinion was a little too much).

The tactics that are used by the protesters are sheer genius. Food and water delivery (support team). Cell phones (communications). Video photography with the protesters verbalizing the correct phrases to sway innocent bystanders. "Dragon chains" to slow the police's reaction.

Please let it be known that I am all for lawful protest. It is a right for us to let our voices to be heard.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I talked to an officer who oversees the protesters in Washington D.C. There is a right way and a wrong way to protest. His department was very helpful to those who want to protest in a peaceful manner. He allows them to have a time and an area designated for the protest following the filing of the proper paperwork.
    I don't recall seeing a "proper paperwork" section in the First Amendment.

There are guidelines set out and the department will help. The trouble comes when protesters take it upon themselves to become destructive in nature. Surely, the NYPD would not allow 1000 people to occupy a bridge for there message. Hence 700 arrests.

Except you forgot to mention that NYPD herded them onto the bridge and then closed off both ends preventing them from getting off the bridge.

Seattle would not allow flash mobs to devestate the business area (looting). Hence mass arrests.

Seattle PD did a horrible job, watching the footage they rarely ever arrested the few dozen causing the violence and mayhem and they did arrest hundreds who happened to be in the same area.

Flash mobs? Really? Media sound bytes again? The term didn't exist back then and it certainly wasn't practiced either.

Don't try and play coy with this and make excuses for the corruption and payoffs the NYPD brass have accepted and we have documented.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Goinggreyfast:

You do realize there are tea party contingents protesting and participating in the occupy wall street (and other areas) as well don't you? :rolleyes:

Yeah, the bottom half is pretty typical for a tea party rally too. Silly me.
    Look, I found a pic that I thought interesting and posted. Flame away...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I think "flash mobs" that loot, with the sole purpose of committing an unlawful crime, is not even in the same ballpark as a peaceful protest.

The sole purpose of the protesters does not seem to be breaking the law - it seems to be political demonstration, and exercising political speech. The only crime committed here was not gaining a permit, right? A permit that many could argue should not even be required in America... a legality nonetheless, but that in no manner justifies the aggressive tactics we have seen.

If not getting a permit justifies this type of reaction... one could argue jaywalking, taking a bath between the months of October and March, selling cars on Sunday, and participating in oral sex also justifies someone getting OC sprayed and arrested. I mean, these things are all AGAINST THE LAW! If you do these things, you are BREAKING THE LAW! It does not matter if you do not resist - if you jaywalk you should be OC sprayed, slammed to the ground, and arrested right?

I just always have issue with peaceful people, without malicious intent, being treated in this manner. I understand from the eyes of the police, a group of people that large in itself can be scary... but life is scary, and the job is voluntary... These type of police tactics can lead to more serious danger for fellow officers. I am so happy nobody in the crowd decided to retaliate against the police violently - consider what happened when the same tactics were used in Egypt. Thankfully, the protesters reaction was "chant and videotape".

/rant off

I am still trying to figure out if the circulating rumor about the 100 NYDP officers that refused to work in protest of this type of treatment is valid or internet hype...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am still trying to figure out if the circulating rumor about the 100 NYDP officers that refused to work in protest of this type of treatment is valid or internet hype...

I believe that this is probably just internet lore. I can't imagine an officer refusing to work because of the protests unless they were assigned the detail themselves. And even in that, they would be dumb in not reporting. If they are that strong in their convictions, they should report to work, and try to put a "better face" on the department. But who knows, New Yorkers in general, are pretty odd.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I don't recall seeing a "proper paperwork" section in the First Amendment.

Except you forgot to mention that NYPD herded them onto the bridge and then closed off both ends preventing them from getting off the bridge.

Seattle PD did a horrible job, watching the footage they rarely ever arrested the few dozen causing the violence and mayhem and they did arrest hundreds who happened to be in the same area.

Flash mobs? Really? Media sound bytes again? The term didn't exist back then and it certainly wasn't practiced either.

Don't try and play coy with this and make excuses for the corruption and payoffs the NYPD brass have accepted and we have documented.

Not arguing but I don't think that we saw the same videos from Seattle.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    CoolCop.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like Tony Baloney and his buddy are going to skate. The DA has declined to press charges against them for their assaults on innocent protesters. Apparently, there is a different standard set for cops who commit crimes against the citizenry. Here's hoping they at least get hammered in the inevitable civil suits. Hope they end up living in cardboard boxes.

No Charges for Police Commanders Over Actions in Protests - NYTimes.com

Top Bottom