• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've been using one to carry my Kahr CW45 for about 3 months now and love it. I initially bought it because it was not really specific to one model of gun and other than custom Kydex nobody made a holster I liked for the Kahr 45's. Other than using a grip clip nothing is thinner.

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    I bought one for my CM9, sure thought I'd love it- I'm definitely a minimalist. While I liked the design, it puts the gun directly against your skin- if an undershirt isn't tucked in, and that means the sharp edges of the gun get real uncomfortable quick. It also doesn't allow you to cant the gun forward for a comfortable angle- ends up making the clip just angled on your belt. Others have talked about not liking inserting something in the barrel... I had no problem with that, and didn't question any safety issues with it. I sent it back for a refund, no problem at all.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I just obtained one I bought second hand. It looks brand new, he said he only carried with it a couple times before getting rid of the gun he was using it for. Naturally, I bought it out of interest, I love minimal holsters... I came to INGO looking for reviews.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I have one for my SR9c and never use it. No proper trigger guard, no adjustable cant. Not very comfy and I do not feel comfortable using it with one in the chamber.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I posted this in the other thread also. Versacarry states not to carry with one in the chamber. To me might as well not carry then.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    The idea is nice. But with the design of the one-sided trigger guard it seems like it would be a possibility that as you're inserting the gun and holster together into your pants, the trigger could snag on clothing given that there is no trigger guard protecting the side of the trigger facing your body. It seems like a double sided trigger guard would not be hard to pull off in that design and would make it a safer option. I don't think I'd feel safe carrying chambered/no safety with that product. So if I can't carry chambered, I probably wouldn't use the product.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    While there are several issues with this type of" holster", the biggest is that you cannot easily re-holster without taking the "holster" off. Being able to re-holster quickly during a real situation may be very, very important.

wildcatze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville
    It's uncomfortable and hard to re-holster. Have to always completely take it off, but that could be because of the pants I wear. It is very good for not printing.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Wow, most of the reviews are very positive... I'm not sure what I expected.
    I'm a little hesitant on these just becuase they dont cover the trigger. Call me old fashioned, but especially on a gun without a manual safety, you've GOTTA cover that trigger. If not, you might as well Mexican carry in the waistband. --> I know that wouldn't secure it as well, but I hope you see my point.
    I like the idea, and maybe I'd use it if paired up with a trigger guard cover (like the Raven, if I remember right)
    Another drawback is that it puts all the gun's weight in one spot, at least a Crossbreed or Galco w/ 2 IWB clips spreads the weight out.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    After using it a bit, I actually really like it. As I've alluded to, the registering doesn't bother me. I'm not going to be pulling it out unles I need it and if I do, I have no problem putting it on the ground when the proper authorities arrive. The only place the trigger isn't covered is against my butt. I don't wear any type of clothing that would snag it. It conceals INCREDIBLY well, and it is very comfortable.

While led I was at it, I took a caliper and measured the "rod" that goes into the barrel to support the gun an found it is I fact .15 smaller than the diameter of the barrel. Knowing this I recreated the plug an found it impossible to break off and get stuck in the barrel of the gun. Another worry disproved.

While I acknowledge this may not be for everyone, I like it.

Top Bottom