• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Police say two suspects shot two officers at a Las Vegas pizza parlor before fatally shooting a person and turning the guns on themselves at a nearby Walmart.

Las Vegas police spokesman Larry Hadfield says the spree began around 11:30 a.m. Sunday when a man and woman walked into CiCi's Pizza restaurant and shot two officers who were eating lunch.

He says one of the suspects yelled, "This is a revolution," but the motive for the shooting remains under investigation.

3 dead in shooting at Vegas restaurant, Walmart - TheIndyChannel.com

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

What needs to be emphasized is that during their attack, according to Washington AFP, "The attackers then headed to a nearby Walmart store, exchanging gunfire with and ultimately killing a civilian who was carrying a concealed weapon."

Somebody was carrying and put up a fight. The tragedy is that he or she didn't drop the bastards. Who knows how many lives were saved by that citizen who delayed them long enough and perhaps made them rethink their tactics.

My God be with the fallen.

Regards,

Doug

PS - Link mentioning the citizen killed was armed and fighting back: http://news.yahoo.com/five-dead-las-vegas-shooting-213257183.html

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Good to know it was an armed citizen trying to defend himself and others that was involved and helped end it, but sorry that he lost his life in the process. Hopefully his legacy is properly reported and the media accurately captures this. Sadly they will probably spin it such that they belittle the man and look down on what was likely a very selfless act.

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    i'm sure the antis will spin this as concrete proof that carrying a weapon for self defense will not save you or anyone else.

an awful situation, and much respect and admiration to a man who protected those around him, even if he didn't make it out. i hope his memory receives the honor it deserves from the media, but i'm not holding my breath.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Good to know it was an armed citizen trying to defend himself and others that was involved and helped end it, but sorry that he lost his life in the process. Hopefully his legacy is properly reported and the media accurately captures this. Sadly they will probably spin it such that they belittle the man and look down on what was likely a very selfless act.

To Jblomenberg16,

The reason I added the link was because the first story did NOT mention the armed citizen.:xmad::xmad:

I understand the story is breaking and obviously further information will be released as it is discovered. But the guy shooting back may well have wounded one (or both) and made them accelerate their cowardly "suicide pact" before they feared other armed citizens interfered.

If somebody wants to whack themselves - FINE. A tragic loss for their family but OK, if that's what they really want. But to kill others on their way out is just the lowest form of scum on earth.

Regards,

Doug

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It couldn't have been much of a war planned if the suicide pact kicked in with the first sign of resistance.

God rest the souls of the fallen and give comfort to the family and friends they leave behind.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Thxs for posting the Yahoo link with more info and the armed citizen storyline. Story I posted was posted on FB in the early moments so as usual all the facts weren't present. Glad to hear a "armed citizen" stood his ground and without a doubt saved probably many many injuries if they were heading to a Wal Mart. Very sad he was killed and like others said I'm sure the media morons will spin it as a careless citizen getting in a gunfight. Crazy story but becoming WAY to common these days.

INstormChaser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    Wow, talk about worthless POS cowards. Ambush a couple of cops and then off themselves as soon as they meet armed resistance. May the fallen rest in peace. May the cowards receive their just deserts.

Totally stole the words right out of my mouth...glad somebody had the courage to stand up to those A-holes... RIP to the two officers and the Courageous Armed citizen who attempted to stop them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wow, talk about worthless POS cowards. Ambush a couple of cops and then off themselves as soon as they meet armed resistance. May the fallen rest in peace. May the cowards receive their just deserts.
    Makes one wonder just exactly what kind of revolution they were hoping for. Seems a little Hale-Bopp ish.

Besides, revolution is so last century.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WTF was all that about. What is going on in the heads of these people.
    God speed to the fallen excluding the POS that started this.
    Prayers tom the family's.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If they're going to start posting every single shooting (outside of the "Worker's Paradise cities), I think they should have to post every single car accident.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    From myself and my family, my condolences to the families of slain Officers Alyn Beck and Igor Soldo, andcivilian Joseph Wilcox, heros all. God watch over them.

The two scumbags with the 'suicide pact', don't care if their names are ever known, or remembered.

That link for Jennifer Fuson doesn't appear to work, so here's a different link:

Jennifer Fuson | LinkedIn

Feel free to contact this anti-gun loon and tell her what YOU think.

Last edited:

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    The latest reporting now suggests that the civilian at the Walmart did not engage the suspects but rather was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Either way, his death is no less tragic.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    This is why so many officers are so stand offish at times. We never know when someone coming up to us is trying to be nice or going to assassinate us. These 2 officers were eating lunch. It shows that we must ALWAYS be vigilant and aware of our surroundings. Try to understand why officers are the way we are.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Didn't I just see something about Shannon T. Whats'ername - saying "armed citizens never stop mass shootings" ... not sure if here or facebook ... lines blurring. good night.

Top Bottom