• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    Just quit. Make the f'ing choice and just stick with it. It's easy. Don't substitute something else .. just be done with it. All you have to do is decide. Just make the choice. 'Withdrawal' lasts about 3 days .. you'll be grouchy. Get over it. Just make the choice.

I quit after 45 years of smoking .. 6 years ago. But I quit too late, and my lungs are shot ..

Just quit.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Just quit. Make the f'ing choice and just stick with it. It's easy. Don't substitute something else .. just be done with it. All you have to do is decide. Just make the choice. 'Withdrawal' lasts about 3 days .. you'll be grouchy. Get over it. Just make the choice.

I quit after 45 years of smoking .. 6 years ago. But I quit too late, and my lungs are shot ..

Just quit.
    That's fine for those that have the willpower. Some don't. I certainly don't.
    That being said, I haven't had a cig in 3 days. I did purchase a vape. I have tried other things with no success. I am using a low nicotine amount liquid. I'm using it less than a regular cig as well. I haven't gone more than 24 hours without a cig in 20+ years. Whatever it takes to get someone to quit is worth it. It has to work for the individual. What works for some, will not work for all.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

Just quit.

I never had any intention to quit. I tried vaping by borrowing one from a friend so I would have something I could discreetly use during a hospital stay. My surgery got postponed, but I had already started trying the e-cig. It worked well enough for me to stop cigarettes pretty much immediately. I still don't have any intentions of quitting. Its sort of turned into a fun hobby and since it drastically reduced the negative affects on my health, I stuck with it. It may not have been the choice you thought I should have made, but I did make the choice. :twocents:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I never had any intention to quit. I tried vaping by borrowing one from a friend so I would have something I could discreetly use during a hospital stay. My surgery got postponed, but I had already started trying the e-cig. It worked well enough for me to stop cigarettes pretty much immediately. I still don't have any intentions of quitting. Its sort of turned into a fun hobby and since it drastically reduced the negative affects on my health, I stuck with it. It may not have been the choice you thought I should have made, but I did make the choice. :twocents:
    QUIT Supr!!!!!
    The 26th of this month will start my third year without tobacco.
    I smoked 1.5-2 packs a day for forty seven years before that.
    I've saved enough money to buy a couple of new "toys" and I intend to buy some more. :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    QUIT Supr!!!!!
    The 26th of this month will start my third year without tobacco.
    I smoked 1.5-2 packs a day for forty seven years before that.
    I've saved enough money to buy a couple of new "toys" and I intend to buy some more. :D

That's awesome! I was a 25 year smoker when I started vaping. I'm not making excuses because their aren't any. I'm just glad I found something that is better for me.

I finally finished the new unit I was working on. Here's a couple pics.

DSCN0514_zps544476e9.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

DSCN0515_zps75dfb40a.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    That's awesome! I was a 25 year smoker when I started vaping. I'm not making excuses because their aren't any. I'm just glad I found something that is better for me.

I finally finished the new unit I was working on. Here's a couple pics.

DSCN0514_zps544476e9.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

DSCN0515_zps75dfb40a.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Looks good!!
    At least you've stopped smoking. :)
    I'm to the point where a single cartridge that equals a pack of cigs is lasting me over a week
    Soon I won't even need/want that. :yesway:
    The only problem I've found is that food tastes better since I quit smoking.
    I've put on fifteen lbs that I need to shed this Summer. :(

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    That's fine for those that have the willpower. Some don't. I certainly don't.
    That being said, I haven't had a cig in 3 days. I did purchase a vape. I have tried other things with no success. I am using a low nicotine amount liquid. I'm using it less than a regular cig as well. I haven't gone more than 24 hours without a cig in 20+ years. Whatever it takes to get someone to quit is worth it. It has to work for the individual. What works for some, will not work for all.

You're wrong. It WILL work for all. The hard part isn't quitting, it's the decision. You just choose. Most people don't WANT to quit .. they think they SHOULD quit. It's the wrong approach. You need to think about what you really want to do, and if you want to quit, you just choose that. If you really just don't want to quit, that's fine too .. don't bother to try. It's simply a choice. Oughts don't matter. It's about what you choose.

Think about it. If you decide to untie your shoes, you bend over and do so. When you pick up a cookie, it's because you've decided to do so. Each time you light up a cigarette, you're making a choice to do so. It's as easy as choosing NOT to do so. If you stop smoking, and get the urge to smoke, just remind yourself that you've chosen not to. You can always change your mind, but for now you've chosen not to.

I smoked for over 40 years, two packs a day or more. I know about smoking. It insinuates itself into your consciousness. Your life revolves around it. But it's because you've chosen that life. And you can choose to change it. You tell yourself that it's HARD to quit. That you'll MISS it. That you'll FAIL. You talk yourself out of quitting. But it's just a choice to make.

When I quit, I purposely kept an unopened pack of cigarettes. It was my reminder to myself that if I changed my mind, I could just open the pack and have a cig. I kept that pack on my dresser for several years. I still have it, somewhere in a closet. It's still unopened, purchased in late 2006. I'm sure those cigs would be quite tasty by now.

I honestly have never been tempted. But where I had to get in my thinking was the realization that I am in control of what I do .. you have to honestly want to quit .. that's the only thing. You have to be able to say to yourself 'I don't want to smoke anymore. I choose not to'. And you need to turn off the internal dialog .. 'I can't quit'. 'It's too hard'. 'I NEED them'. Those kinds of thoughts are the cigarettes talking. It's not hard at all once you simply decide.

I wish I had realized this many years ago. Perhaps I could walk across a room without shortness of breath. Maybe I could still mow my lawn with a pushmower. Maybe I'd be able to play a game of pool without panting.

The hell of it is that it's not hard at all. I was grouchy for a few days. I knew it, my wife knew it .. and I knew why. So be it. Small price to pay.

I hope that anyone who might read this, and who still smokes .. will pay heed. Just THINK about it what I'm saying. Just make the choice.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    You're wrong. It WILL work for all. The hard part isn't quitting, it's the decision. You just choose. Most people don't WANT to quit .. they think they SHOULD quit. It's the wrong approach. You need to think about what you really want to do, and if you want to quit, you just choose that. If you really just don't want to quit, that's fine too .. don't bother to try. It's simply a choice. Oughts don't matter. It's about what you choose.

Think about it. If you decide to untie your shoes, you bend over and do so. When you pick up a cookie, it's because you've decided to do so. Each time you light up a cigarette, you're making a choice to do so. It's as easy as choosing NOT to do so. If you stop smoking, and get the urge to smoke, just remind yourself that you've chosen not to. You can always change your mind, but for now you've chosen not to.

I smoked for over 40 years, two packs a day or more. I know about smoking. It insinuates itself into your consciousness. Your life revolves around it. But it's because you've chosen that life. And you can choose to change it. You tell yourself that it's HARD to quit. That you'll MISS it. That you'll FAIL. You talk yourself out of quitting. But it's just a choice to make.

When I quit, I purposely kept an unopened pack of cigarettes. It was my reminder to myself that if I changed my mind, I could just open the pack and have a cig. I kept that pack on my dresser for several years. I still have it, somewhere in a closet. It's still unopened, purchased in late 2006. I'm sure those cigs would be quite tasty by now.

I honestly have never been tempted. But where I had to get in my thinking was the realization that I am in control of what I do .. you have to honestly want to quit .. that's the only thing. You have to be able to say to yourself 'I don't want to smoke anymore. I choose not to'. And you need to turn off the internal dialog .. 'I can't quit'. 'It's too hard'. 'I NEED them'. Those kinds of thoughts are the cigarettes talking. It's not hard at all once you simply decide.

I wish I had realized this many years ago. Perhaps I could walk across a room without shortness of breath. Maybe I could still mow my lawn with a pushmower. Maybe I'd be able to play a game of pool without panting.

The hell of it is that it's not hard at all. I was grouchy for a few days. I knew it, my wife knew it .. and I knew why. So be it. Small price to pay.

I hope that anyone who might read this, and who still smokes .. will pay heed. Just THINK about it what I'm saying. Just make the choice.

Why are you in this thread harassing people who HAVE quit. Vaping isn't smoking. It's essentially the same as the patch, the gum, etc. you get the nicotine without the harmful side effects of smoking. Some people enjoy smoking so vaping is an excellent alternative.

I'm glad you quit. Good for you. I could have quit cold turkey too, but I chose not to. I enjoyed smoking. I also now have a new hobby to keep myself occupied. The result is still the same.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Latest Mod. It's a Edz Mods PipeBomb from the Philippines. It's sporting a Edz Mods ERA dripping Atomizer on top with a Tru-Flow drip tip. This thing vapes thunder clouds and gives the best true flavor of anything I've experienced yet. All Brass construction with direct copper connectors.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Hello all, I stated vaping last week. The Indy Vapor shop set me up to get started. So far I'm pretty impressed with vaping. I broke down and smoked almost 1/2 pack of cigs on Monday of this week but that's all that I've had in a week. I could tell Monday day night that I had some wheezing in my chest as I normally would with smoking regular cigs. So that was enough for me to throw out the rest of the pack.

I still get a small urge to have a analog cig but it's not the grab you by the balls and drag you to the gas station type urge that I normally would have when trying to quit cold turkey. I'm only on the 12mg of nicotine and plan on decreasing to 6mg and then to 0mg in the next month or 2. I figure that if I can get off the nicotine then I should be able to quit vaping as well. If I lapse the hopefully I can make myself lapse back to vaping instead of analog cigs.

So far 160 cigs not smoked and $46 saved.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Hello all, I stated vaping last week. The Indy Vapor shop set me up to get started. So far I'm pretty impressed with vaping. I broke down and smoked almost 1/2 pack of cigs on Monday of this week but that's all that I've had in a week. I could tell Monday day night that I had some wheezing in my chest as I normally would with smoking regular cigs. So that was enough for me to throw out the rest of the pack.

I still get a small urge to have a analog cig but it's not the grab you by the balls and drag you to the gas station type urge that I normally would have when trying to quit cold turkey. I'm only on the 12mg of nicotine and plan on decreasing to 6mg and then to 0mg in the next month or 2. I figure that if I can get off the nicotine then I should be able to quit vaping as well. If I lapse the hopefully I can make myself lapse back to vaping instead of analog cigs.

So far 160 cigs not smoked and $46 saved.

It's been a little over a year since I switched to vaping. I still get the urge to smoke every once in a while.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I'm finding it toughest in the morning. Hard to break that routine. Grab coffee, a smoke and read where the ammo is.

I haven't given in though. 3 weeks and not a single puff. I still have 4 cigs in a case in the car. When I go out, my e-cig goes right next to it. I don't feel the need to grab one. They are still there to basically tell myself that I don't need it. I'll get rid of them someday.

I got some e-juice online. vapor4life. Out of 4 flavors, only 1 really is worth a damn. Raspberry. Tastes EXACTLY like a berry. The others are pretty crap. I prefer Aqua Vapor flavors. Cola is top notch and their Apple is unreal. Try it out if you see it or order online. Best flavors so far.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I'm finding it toughest in the morning. Hard to break that routine. Grab coffee, a smoke and read where the ammo is.

I haven't given in though. 3 weeks and not a single puff. I still have 4 cigs in a case in the car. When I go out, my e-cig goes right next to it. I don't feel the need to grab one. They are still there to basically tell myself that I don't need it. I'll get rid of them someday.

I got some e-juice online. vapor4life. Out of 4 flavors, only 1 really is worth a damn. Raspberry. Tastes EXACTLY like a berry. The others are pretty crap. I prefer Aqua Vapor flavors. Cola is top notch and their Apple is unreal. Try it out if you see it or order online. Best flavors so far.

If your schedule works out, try and get an order in with Alice In Vapeland. Zombie Apocalypse, Twas Brilig, Lemon Loves Cake, and Crunkberry are all awesome. They also have a big selection of tea flavors if you dig that kinda thing. They open at 11p EST on Tuesday night and generally close around 2-3p EST on Wednesday afternoon, then it takes a few weeks to get your order.

I also like Heather's Heavenly Vapes.

Making your own is also easy. I got enough premixed nicotine liquid and flavorings to make enough juice to last me over a year.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Making your own is also easy. I got enough premixed nicotine liquid and flavorings to make enough juice to last me over a year.
    This I'm going to look into. I have been considering it, but since I just started with the vaping, I haven't gone neck deep into the research yet. It will happen though.

kevhed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Chesterton
    I just started vaping on Tues. 5/21 at 5:30pm. I have only had one analog since then and it was out of habit/mistake. I had a half pack in the door panel in the car and grabbed one out of habit on the way home yesterday and didn't even realize it till about 2 puffs in. Dang I was mad at myself. I have put them in the glove box and honestly haven't even wanted them. If anybody in NWI is interested, check out "vapin in valpo" on Lincolnway in Valparaiso. They opened about a week ago and were very helpful. They may have saved my life!!...lol. Wish me luck!!

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Any recommendations for a vape that has better battery life and storage?
    I am using a 510 with cotton carts. They just don't last long enough without having to be recharged. I don't want something extremely bulky though.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Any recommendations for a vape that has better battery life and storage?
    I am using a 510 with cotton carts. They just don't last long enough without having to be recharged. I don't want something extremely bulky though.

Once you get into it more, you might consider building one yourself. I've made a few of them and its kinda turned into a fun hobby. My most recent one is pictured below. It uses a large 18650 battery and a 4.5 ml tank on a 510 carto. I can go at least a day and a half without replacing or recharging the battery. Its also small enough to disappear in a shirt pocket. You could make one even smaller if you wanted. As long as the batteries are removable you can use a smaller battery and just keep an extra one with you so you can replace it and keep right on vaping.
    DSCN0514_zps544476e9.jpg

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Once you get into it more, you might consider building one yourself. I've made a few of them and its kinda turned into a fun hobby. My most recent one is pictured below. It uses a large 18650 battery and a 4.5 ml tank on a 510 carto. I can go at least a day and a half without replacing or recharging the battery. Its also small enough to disappear in a shirt pocket. You could make one even smaller if you wanted. As long as the batteries are removable you can use a smaller battery and just keep an extra one with you so you can replace it and keep right on vaping.
    DSCN0514_zps544476e9.jpg
    I saw your earlier post about this. Looks cool. Is this something that the parts can be bought and just screwed together like the small 510's? I'm really new to this and kind of lost on what fits together. I appreciate your help.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom