• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Here’s a blast from the past. Remember when the vaccination zealots were giving it up for a donut and a chance to virtue signal?

1702070172144.png

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    FIFY

Because it sure happened overseas. China was reportedly welding doors shut to keep people inside their homes.

And the Aussies were forcing people who tested positive into quarantine centers. And I'm not positive, but also on the citizen's dime. So not only did they have to be locked in a hotel room and wait for trays of food to be delivered to their door, they had to pay for the privilege.

I was having a conversation with my wife the other day about hypothetically moving to different countries and was naming off countries that had fewer freedoms than the US. She argued that some of those countries are in fact freer than the USA but after watching what they did to their citizens during covid, what is to prevent the same or worse in the future? The only thing this county has going for it to prevent complete governmental abuse is the second amendment.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    MAC addresses are only useful on the LAN, not the WAN. Flagging the IP doesn't mean much either when most ISPs use DHCP (you may get a new IP after X time) or you use a VPN. It sometimes becomes a game of wack-a-mole.
    It's all about cookies and browser fingerprints these days but if you really don't want to be identified, its still possible.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    It's all about cookies and browser fingerprints these days but if you really don't want to be identified, its still possible.
    Fingerprinting or cookies wouldn't stop me (If I were determined). I would just spin up a new VM with a fresh browser install, rotate useragent strings, vpn's, etc.

But I'm not a troll or agitator so there's that!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Fingerprinting or cookies wouldn't stop me (If I were determined). I would just spin up a new VM with a fresh browser install, rotate useragent strings, vpn's, etc.

But I'm not a troll or agitator so there's that!
    He's definitely trying!

Top Bottom