• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    Does anyone know of dog-friendly places to stay at for a last minute trip (as in no reservations - just taking off and going)? Thinking just a couple of days.

Edit: Should've mentioned that it would be a non-camping trip.
    A lot of the state park inns are pet-friendly...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    With the COVID pet explosion. I have found a lot of hotels are dog friendly. They may say 25 lb but my GSD goes pretty much everywhere with me and I have yet to be turned down. It seems especially so at "extended stays" which really aren't any more than a hotel. Think like staybridge suites, Hilton2, Courtyard etc.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Expedia lets you filter for "pet friendly". I expect many of the other portals probably do to.
    I have used them, and others, the difficulty I've had, and it could be user error, you can never find the limitations on size without going to the hotel site. Also, you can't book through on Expedia and say "I am bringing a dog" that I have been able to figure out.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    got a comfy ride? like roadtrips?

I’ve come to really appreciate roadtrips and exploring Americana, smalls towns, forgotten places, state highways, various local attractions, etc. You’d be surprised how much there is to do while roadtripping between cities with nice lodging (don’t rely on finding motels & such because yuck - and this is where you can splurge, especially on weeknights. Penthouse on a Tuesday? yessir)

Another benefit is I have so many stories from trips like this - they don’t get annoying to talk about. To your friends it’s not “another Disney story” lol y’know what I mean?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have used them, and others, the difficulty I've had, and it could be user error, you can never find the limitations on size without going to the hotel site. Also, you can't book through on Expedia and say "I am bringing a dog" that I have been able to figure out.

You don't have to book through Expedia to use them like a search engine to find what fits your needs, then contact the hotel directly. I seldom book through Expedia, but I always use them. Booking directly or through a shopping portal tends to be the better deal to actually get the reservation after identifying where you want to stay.

Top Bottom