• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Just took my Utah Concealed Carry Class. A group of us got together and got a Sunday Morning Class scheduled.

Got our training from a guy in Ohio that also teaches the Ohio classes. We are all on the east side of the state and Ohio is one of our travel areas so we were also educated in the Ohio Laws at the same time.

Now we will be legal to carry in many more states by the end of the year and will not have to worry about crossing that state line and getting busted.

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I just took class put on by Jim Floyd @ Jamison INN Indy. I had a great time easy four hours, was worth the money now I can get Utah, Florida and more!

cognetic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Utah Concealed Firearm Permit training with Safety Educators

Like the above member's post, I too just completed the Utah Non-Resident Permit Course on November 1st. Jim has done a great job along with Aaron and Rick with this class. Everyone of the attendees I asked seemed to think the same thing. The time flew by and there was very good presentation, multimedia demos, SAFE weapon demos, and a great "air" for discussion. I felt like I could have hung out with the instructors & course attendees exchanging pointers, stories, safety tips, etc. all day!!

I walked away enjoying the experience and took away some vital safety, law, & tactical defense knowledge. I will definitely be looking forward to more courses with this group - Safety Educators | Indianapolis, IN | OSHA | First Aid | CPR | Personal Protection | Firearms | Safety Courses . :rockwoot:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    For trackability purposes, we should all keep up with how long it takes to get our Utah permits back.

I took my class on Oct 21st and mailed the package off to Utah on the 22nd. Now the waiting game. Just curious how close we will all be processing wise.

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    For trackability purposes, we should all keep up with how long it takes to get our Utah permits back.

I took my class on Oct 21st and mailed the package off to Utah on the 22nd. Now the waiting game. Just curious how close we will all be processing wise.

I receive frequent updates from Utah BCI and, while by law they have 60 days to process and mail your permit, they are currently running at 41 days.

Regards,

Jim

JL2880

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    To Jim and the rest of the group from the Nov.1 class, was a pleasure meeting you all.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    Absolutely, Jim's class Nov 1st was great. I especially liked how he didn't talk down to anyone in the class. Sometimes training classes can be an "I'm smarter than you, let me show you" environment, and Jim did not portray any of that. Great job again.

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Absolutely, Jim's class Nov 1st was great. I especially liked how he didn't talk down to anyone in the class. Sometimes training classes can be an "I'm smarter than you, let me show you" environment, and Jim did not portray any of that. Great job again.

Glad everyone posting above enjoyed the course. I learn from everyone I meet and I learned from all of you during the course as well. Thank you for taking the time to attend the course and for posting your comments on the forum.

Be safe and take care...

Jim

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I receive frequent updates from Utah BCI and, while by law they have 60 days to process and mail your permit, they are currently running at 41 days.

Regards,

Jim

Just to add a bit of info, my CC was charged for my permit on the 6th of November. I had mailed it in on the 22nd of October. Progress!

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    Got my PA permit today. You have to sign it and send the other 2 carbon copies back. Of course, they don't include an address, since it was returned in my own self addressed stamped envelope. So to save someone else the trouble of looking it up, here it is.....

Centre County Sheriff's office
    213 E High St
    Bellefonte, PA 16823

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Got my PA permit today. You have to sign it and send the other 2 carbon copies back. Of course, they don't include an address, since it was returned in my own self addressed stamped envelope. So to save someone else the trouble of looking it up, here it is.....

Centre County Sheriff's office
    213 E High St
    Bellefonte, PA 16823

How long did it take to get your permit back?

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Just to add a bit of info, my CC was charged for my permit on the 6th of November. I had mailed it in on the 22nd of October. Progress!

Haven't updated in a while. It's now 52 days and still haven't received. I called and verified the date they charged my CC and lady said 60 days. Should be soon but wanted to negate the 41 days theory.

Last edited:

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Haven't updated in a while. It's now 52 days and still haven't received. I called and verified the date they charged my CC and lady said 60 days. Should be soon but wanted to negate the 41 days theory.

Thanks for the update. The last instructor update stated the average time was 41 days, but, by law, they can take up to 60 days issue the permit.

Regards,

Jim

Top Bottom