• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I mailed both my wife and My applications on 10/28/08 via overnight mail. We have not received our permits in the mail but I am looking for them any day. Goal was to get this done in 2008 before Obama is in Office and might start to put pressure on issuing non-resident permits.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I mailed both my wife and My applications on 10/28/08 via overnight mail. We have not received our permits in the mail but I am looking for them any day. Goal was to get this done in 2008 before Obama is in Office and might start to put pressure on issuing non-resident permits.

Do you know what date they processed your payment? For instance I sent my package to them on 10/22. My credit card was not charged until 11/06. Still waitin. Will update.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I am not sure when the check cleared. I did however come home and check the mail and both my wife and mine Utah permits were in the mailbox.

One little problem and I called to take care of it already. They have my wife's birth date on both of our permits. They said the would change mine and send me a new card so that it read proper.

My date of issue is 12/18/2008 so it has been in the mail 10 days from Utah to Centerville, In.

Postmark date was 12/23/08.

Last edited:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I am not sure when the check cleared. I did however come home and check the mail and both my wife and mine Utah permits were in the mailbox.

One little problem and I called to take care of it already. They have my wife's birth date on both of our permits. They said the would change mine and send me a new card so that it read proper.

My date of issue is 12/18/2008 so it has been in the mail 10 days from Utah to Centerville, In.

Fantastic! Mine should be along in few days I'm hoping.........

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis

Good deal... glad it arrived! I know I didn't think mine would ever get here and was very happy to finally receive it.

Regards,

Jim

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Success finally. Mailman delivered today. 60 days to day theycharged my cc. Glad the wait is over. Issue date on the permit is 12/30/08 so 6 days from issue to mail delivery. Not bad.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Congratulations to you. I know that the wait seemed like a lot longer than 60 days, or at least mine did.

I really wish that Indiana made a nice LTCH more like this Utah permit. It could be done easily by sending us the paperwork and then taking it to our license branch to process the laminated license with photo on it.

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Success finally. Mailman delivered today. 60 days to day theycharged my cc. Glad the wait is over. Issue date on the permit is 12/30/08 so 6 days from issue to mail delivery. Not bad.

Glad your permit came. Thanks for the updates folks. I will pass the info on the learners in the January 15th course, which is almost sold out!

Regards,

Jim

Last edited:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    hello everyone, new here, might i ask what the point of getting a non resident utah permit is for? thank you in advance for answers

Best reason is for you to check one of the reciprocity maps. Look at the additional states you get. Not an issue if you stay in Indiana. Could be big issue if you travel.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I got mine because I live close to the Ohio border and Ohio does not recognize our Indiana LTCH. They do recognize the Utah because you have to have a 4 hour training course to get that permit.

I was always in danger of being on the wrong side of the state line and getting busted for not having a permit that was acceptable for Ohio.

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    hello everyone, new here, might i ask what the point of getting a non resident utah permit is for? thank you in advance for answers

Welcome to the forum and for a great question!

The UNRCFP, in conjunction with an Indiana LCH, allows you to legally carry, concealed, in 33 states, with a big one being Ohio (which does not recognize the IN LCH) if you travel there for business or pleasure. You do not have to possess an IN LCH in order to take the UNRCFP course, but you cannot use a utah permit to carry in Indiana if you are an Indiana resident.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Jim

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sold out!

Please pardon the bump, but wanted to let everyone know that the January 15th Utah course is sold out. Just posted a new thread with the February course info.

Regards,

Jim

Top Bottom