• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    I suppose I should read the rule book tomorrow while I'm off. I would hate to be the only one that fails this course!

You do not take the written exam at the class. You take that on your own time, at your own pace later (open book).

For the range exam, you have to correctly run one shooter through a small stage. That means
    knowing the range commands in the correct order. Also pay attention to the number of shots fired
    (if Virginia count) and know how to score the target.

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    What do we need for the range portion?

Eye and ear protection. Bring your equipment if you want to shoot the stage. Each student needs to RO the
    stage, so they will need volunteers to shoot the stage. The stage will most likely be a classifier-type stage
    with a shooting box.

The range portion will be similar to a match: someone RO's, someone shoots, paste the targets, then someone else takes a turn as RO.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    Eye and ear protection. Bring your equipment if you want to shoot the stage. Each student needs to RO the
    stage, so they will need volunteers to shoot the stage. The stage will most likely be a classifier-type stage
    with a shooting box.

The range portion will be similar to a match: someone RO's, someone shoots, paste the targets, then someone else takes a turn as RO.

students do not need competition equipment. we have volunteers to do the shooting. the email sent to the registered shooters spelled out the procedure for the weekend

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    i would like to thank everyone that took part in the class this weekend. it is a huge time consuming event. i hope everyone got something out of the class. i would like to extend a huge shoutout to Daniel Hart and the Atlanta Conservation Club for hosting our class. i enjoyed meeting some new people to our sport and i wish them the best.
    DVC, Steve

Top Bottom