Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Repete sorry to hear the gun did not run. That is something that is very frustrating. I'd love to hear the thought process on why you shot the stage down in the corner the way you did. What made you decide on going right first as opposed to left and why the steel through the port?

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    Repete sorry to hear the gun did not run. That is something that is very frustrating. I'd love to hear the thought process on why you shot the stage down in the corner the way you did. What made you decide on going right first as opposed to left and why the steel through the port?

Thanks Coach. That is my number one priority now...fixing my pistol before next weekend.
    The reason I shot it that way is cuz Mr. Keen said so! No really...We did go round & round about the strategy on that stage, but once we looked at it long enough it was quite clear to us which way was fastest. It's the few little things that add up. Breaking it down. Going to the right first, the main concern was to get all the way forward in the corner of shooting area so once you shot the activators you had a good full view of the one 25 yard static. After you finished that long shot it was very easy to leave this position quickly to head to the window. Obviously much caution was used when leaving this position cuz you were very close to the 180. Now coming into the window from the right you have a better view on the left paper vs. coming from the left onto the right paper. Since you are in that window that you have to take the two paper from, you might as well take the steel, as the transition from paper to steel to paper was very small. The third & final position was 4 close statics & a fifth at 22 yards. Again the thought here was, if you were to go left first, to get out of the position from after shooting the long static would not be very quick, as you had a hard & awkward lean to get out of. So it was better to just finish in that awkward position last.

I did throw a mike coming into the last position on the forth close static right before transitioning to the 22 yarder. But shot A's on the long targets. Its funny how you rush those easy targets sometimes.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Sounds like a good match Brent. Looks like September may be my only chance to make it up there this year with my work schedule. Still trying to figure out how to make the state match but not looking very promising. Oldest daughter is starting medical school in Kansas City in August and they have some type of special ceremony the second week where they present them with a white coat so I can't miss that!

I sure enjoyed the matches last year at Warsaw and if my schedule stays the same, next year I should be off for most of them.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks Coach. That is my number one priority now...fixing my pistol before next weekend.
    The reason I shot it that way is cuz Mr. Keen said so! No really...We did go round & round about the strategy on that stage, but once we looked at it long enough it was quite clear to us which way was fastest. It's the few little things that add up. Breaking it down. Going to the right first, the main concern was to get all the way forward in the corner of shooting area so once you shot the activators you had a good full view of the one 25 yard static. After you finished that long shot it was very easy to leave this position quickly to head to the window. Obviously much caution was used when leaving this position cuz you were very close to the 180. Now coming into the window from the right you have a better view on the left paper vs. coming from the left onto the right paper. Since you are in that window that you have to take the two paper from, you might as well take the steel, as the transition from paper to steel to paper was very small. The third & final position was 4 close statics & a fifth at 22 yards. Again the thought here was, if you were to go left first, to get out of the position from after shooting the long static would not be very quick, as you had a hard & awkward lean to get out of. So it was better to just finish in that awkward position last.

I did throw a mike coming into the last position on the forth close static right before transitioning to the 22 yarder. But shot A's on the long targets. Its funny how you rush those easy targets sometimes.

It was a good stage. Not a lot of difference in how it could be shot. I was curious as to the reasons for deciding on the right side first. You open guys were much faster on this stage. I assume the dot helped considerably on the distance and the small steel. I felt smooth and had a good time for our squad at 23 seconds but had two mikes. One was called on the 22 yard target but I had already started moving. If I had gotten my hits it would have been a great run. I went left first to start the shooting sooner and so that I did not have to move out of the position with the activators. I also shot the steel from the right side since I had the rounds. I tried to shoot the paper in the port without stopping completely but failed at that. I am still not convinced as to what is the best place to shoot the steel.

Thanks for sharing. See you next time.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Reshoot went really well. Good job. The second time you shot and let the gun return on its own. The first run you look to be muscling the gun around much more and that is counter productive usually.

Thanks! Reloads were low and I waited on the steel to fall a little long.

PS don't change your plan when you step into the box lol

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    My "little" brother in all his glory.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYqEBE8XY6w[/ame]

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    I like the comment on the begging of stage 6 in the video for Coach.

So how did everyone like the lower bays compared to the upper so you don't have to walk up and down the hill to run 6 stages? Takes a little longer to set up and haul it but not to bad.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Beginning? :dunno:

So how did everyone like the lower bays compared to the upper so you don't have to walk up and down the hill to run 6 stages? Takes a little longer to set up and haul it but not to bad.

I liked doing it down there. I think it was better because of the bigger bays and so the stages can spread out a little better.

When did bo duke get Orange shoes.

Anyone else notice no safety glasses on the first stage, ja sure didn't
    We noticed before he did it again. It is my fault. I did not realize it was my day to watch him. I thought Craig had it covered. He is not BO he is more like Cooter.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Yeah, I liked that setup. The big bays makes for some really interesting stages. The one with the 2 long cross bay shots at the end and the long one up the hill were really good layouts.
    It's a nice change of pace to have stages that big.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

I liked the lay out. Seemed the only choke point was at the classifier/speed shoot to bay I far corner. Parking is a bit of a premium. But overall I liked it

Top Bottom