• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    PLease share your information on 231. I am shooting hp-38 which is the same as 231 with just a different lable.

WW231 is one of the (many) propellants whose burn rate is affected significantly by temperature. In the case of WW231, the observed muzzle velocity decreases with decreasing ambient temperature. Some propellants show in inverse relationship (faster as temp drops).

For instance, I had no trouble back then making major when it was hot outside. I attended a major match in Michigan and the air temp was significantly cooler than when we chrono'd the ammo and the observed velocity reflected that. Those with significant experience reloading with WW231 told us that it's one of the powders most affected by temp. We switched to Hogden Clays shortly after that and eliminated the problem as well as getting loads with less felt recoil for the same muzzle velocity.

Please note that I am not a reloader. I just used the ammo and purchased components and powder for the ammo.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    so how did hickman do with the SS?????

Let's just say I need to invest in some mags :D

I did pretty good when she ran, was picky with a couple of the mags.

I had issues of my own, basically learning how to grip and shoot it as I went along. Actually did pretty good on my last two stages.

Big thanks to the guys who loaned me gear to shoot, I'll probably shoot SS a good bit the rest of the season.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    pword

I'm off to (insert P word here). I had a lot of fun but had two attrocious stages.

Could it be the range...Could it be the gun....No it is 100% me.

I sent you an email about this. You need to resolve to not pull the trigger until the sight is there and call each shot. For that matter all of need to do the same thing. :yesway:

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    what SS did you shot

Let's just say I need to invest in some mags :D

I did pretty good when she ran, was picky with a couple of the mags.

I had issues of my own, basically learning how to grip and shoot it as I went along. Actually did pretty good on my last two stages.

Big thanks to the guys who loaned me gear to shoot, I'll probably shoot SS a good bit the rest of the season.

Whatt SS gun did you shoot? I know you talking about 1911 and 2011 guns recently and wondered if you picked up something.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Funny

WOW; thanks for getting the scores up the same day! If we keep this up, Larry S. will be telling the guys in Texas how much more awesome the matches in Indiana are....

That there is funny:yesway:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Whatt SS gun did you shoot? I know you talking about 1911 and 2011 guns recently and wondered if you picked up something.

This one:

45232_425419823527_681323527_5077602_5948680_n.jpg

44509_425419443527_681323527_5077595_2499472_n.jpg

Top Bottom