• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I have shot alot of rounds through my glocks the last 3 years never had one blow up had 1 go auto and 1 do 2rd burst but I never blew 1 up and thats using self casted lead bullets. But I do know a guy that had a M&P blow up in his hand. Boy was that nasty. I believe it was right after a trigger job he did.

gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    In the early 90’s, the Major power factor was 180 or 185. Everyone shot 1911’s in 45 ACP because there were no classes to allow other guns to compete. Major and Minor was it!
    As I remember, Robbie and Brian started developing the 38 super to get the added round advantage. To make Major, we were shooting 130 grain bullets going around 1400 fps! :rockwoot: There were no supported chamber barrels at the time, (I think Irv Stone made the first supported chamber 1911 barrel for Robbie). To get the velocity each round fired was a compressed load and each fired primer was flat and extruded into the firing pin hole! The brass would only last 4 or 5 loadings before they would split, or the primer pockets were expanded to the point where the primers would fall out during the loading process or while in your magazine!
    We all used Pachmayr grips because they had the steel inserts that acted like a scatter shield when we had a failure. And,,,,,,,,,,, we did have failures !!!!! Fun times !:):

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Well, I shoot a lot better standing still than I do moving, which probably has a lot to do with why I'm not in A class....:yesway:

Not really. You can make it all the way to GM in a 3 x 3 box.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    In the early 90’s, the Major power factor was 180 or 185. Everyone shot 1911’s in 45 ACP because there were no classes to allow other guns to compete. Major and Minor was it!

Hah! I remember in 1995 or 96 at the Michigan state match I barely, barely made major. That was day I learned about WW231 and temperature!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Good on you! Tell ChiCAgo I said, "Hi!" and that she misses me. Oh, and the answer to "Pink or no pink?" is . . . yes. Hah!

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    tempature and Win231

Hah! I remember in 1995 or 96 at the Michigan state match I barely, barely made major. That was day I learned about WW231 and temperature!

PLease share your information on 231. I am shooting hp-38 which is the same as 231 with just a different lable.

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    Thanks to all who came out and shot today. And and a big thanks to Coach. His ACT class set up two yesterday and left them up for us to use today. If you had a good time tell your friends if you didn't, practice a little more.

see you on the range

Mike

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Thanks to all who came out and shot today. And and a big thanks to Coach. His ACT class set up two yesterday and left them up for us to use today. If you had a good time tell your friends if you didn't, practice a little more.

see you on the range

Mike

Thanks for all your hard work Mike.

:patriot:

Top Bottom