• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think unloaded starts are fine and should be incorporated into a stage every once in awhile. The picking up all mags from a start position is somewhat over the top if it is a long course. I would rather see that you can stage the mags thru out the stage to use.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We don't need to practice it. It is stupid. The match is supposed to be about shooting and that is not. An unloaded start is one thing. Mags in a pile is not practical, useful or fun. It is way too European and I for one don't want to be considered with the Europeans.

Anyone who keeps a gun for self defense unloaded might just as well have an expandable baton instead. An unloaded gun is an expensive club. Put where it is out of reach of children but leave it loaded.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    We don't need to practice it. It is stupid. The match is supposed to be about shooting and that is not. An unloaded start is one thing. Mags in a pile is not practical, useful or fun. It is way too European and I for one don't want to be considered with the Europeans.

Anyone who keeps a gun for self defense unloaded might just as well have an expandable baton instead. An unloaded gun is an expensive club. Put where it is out of reach of children but leave it loaded.

DITTO:ar15:

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    well since we are on this topic did anyone start with a barney bullet in the mag? example: production 11 in mag on this particular stage as mentioned? I did not my slide kept locking back, which is unusual.......just wondering.....

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    well since we are on this topic did anyone start with a barney bullet in the mag? example: production 11 in mag on this particular stage as mentioned? I did not my slide kept locking back, which is unusual.......just wondering.....

would've been illegal to do so. No more than 10 in the mag after the start signal, per the rulebook for production.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I tried to rep you, but I need to recharge!

would've been illegal to do so. No more than 10 in the mag after the start signal, per the rulebook for production.

Yeah, if you'd started with 11 in your mag, you would have been moved to Open Division (assuming the RO noticed).

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf. Specifically Appendix D4 line item 9

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Theres alot of things we put into match's thats not practical!! Like Sitting on a saddle attached to a barrel
    HTFU :laugh:

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Theres alot of things we put into match's thats not practical!! Like Sitting on a saddle attached to a barrel

Lots of people have been killed by a man with a loaded gun from a saddle. It is pratical.

I have been in a full day of professional development at school. I followed that up with a physical and a prostate exam. Which were a lot better than my day at school. So I might have been displacing a little anger.:ar15:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

yeah you are more use to being in a swing

31-%2BYP7eddL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Richard_Simmons_small.thumb.jpg

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Lots of people have been killed by a man with a loaded gun from a saddle. It is pratical.

I have been in a full day of professional development at school. I followed that up with a physical and a prostate exam. Which were a lot better than my day at school. So I might have been displacing a little anger.:ar15:

Getting a finger up your butt is better than school? :gheyhi:

Top Bottom