• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    So my wife calls and said i had a package. I was expecting several one of which being the missing disconnector from my spikes parts kit. Well the wife opened the package for me and said it was empty. I thought well she didnt know what she was looking for and maybe their is a disconnector in the the box somewhere. When i get home I find out its the barrel i ordered from Brownells and my wife isnt crazy.. From the looks of the packing job they just threw it in with some of the air cushions with nothing else to protect the ends. One good drop and it punctured the box and slide out of the plastic sleeve. Probably rolling around a usps hub somewhere. Anyone deal with Brownells on something like this. I know they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee but thats if you return the item. I have no item to return? Hopefully they do me right but they are sold out so i think im screwed either way.

photobucket-5982-1328578493007.jpg

At least i got the wrapper lol.

photobucket-7265-1328578437407.jpg

Sameface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Lawrenceburg
    You should file a claim with the shipper. It may be too late now that it has been opened. You should try with brownels and with the shipper anyway. Good Luck.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Did you buy the shipping insurance? If not, you are probably screwed.

No option for shipping insurance when checking out. If nothing else i used my credit card so i can make a claim through them.

You should file a claim with the shipper. It may be too late now that it has been opened. You should try with Brownells and with the shipper anyway. Good Luck.

This is neglect on Brownells part in my opinion. I never would of shipped a barrel like that and i dont have any doubt that the shipper (usps) wouldnt honor a claim due to improper packaging.

Last edited:

clockhammer74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Bloomington, IN
    Call customer service. I had something similar happen with Midway USA. Ordered a duty belt and 1000 bullets. When the box arrived it only had the belt in it but the invoice listed both the belt and the bullets. The box was busted open at one end and taped back shut. I called Midway, explained the problem and within a week I received my bullets. No extra charge. The customer rep and I both figured UPS damaged the package. These companies will usually go out of their way to make sure the customer is happy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Not sure what you paid .... I believe UPS insures up to $100. They will ask for the original shipping material, so dont throw it away. This is of course if the people you bought said item from doesnt send another (which they should)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Usps delivered a holster i bought from an ingo'er in a SATURATED envelope inside a baggie from "the postmaster" with a generic "dear john, sorry we ****ed up your package."

Thankfully it wasn't leather.

USPS<UPS

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    did it require a signature? if so and it was signed for in the condition it arrived in, you are probably screwed as far as any carrier insurance claims, they have a signature on file stating effectively that it was ok as received.

now Brownells may do something otherwise, which would be completely at their discretion and not required by any stretch as it could just as easily be someone trying to get a second free barrel. So they may tell you they ship them this way all year long and never have problems.....although if i were in the business of shipping barrels, they would be shipped in a PVC tube with caps and foam under each cap.

good luck. you have every right to refuse or make the carrier note any damage before signing for future occurrences. i know it wasn't you who accepted it....

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    UPS automatically insures $100.
    USPS (post office) doesn't insure unless you specify, except for Express Mail, which is $100 worth of insurance.
    I haven't dealt with USPS, but UPS will often try to get out of the claim by saying the item was poorly packaged. A lot of companies have their own insurance to cover such things, though.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Dont worry about a postal claim. Brownells will send you a new disco. Besides, the claim would have to be made by the shipper.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Dont worry about a postal claim. Brownells will send you a new disco. Besides, the claim would have to be made by the shipper.

If it was just a disco no problem, would just eat it, but a 200$ barrel i cant.

Just off the phone, they are going to send me a new one. Shipping ups instead of usps. Only asked if by some miracle the barrel showed up to let them know. They are currently backordered so i have to wait until first of march or they offered me a refund. I asked if i could backorder and if I changed my mind or find another vendor get a refund. She said no problem. Im super pleased with the customer service. She was nice and friendly and assured me it would be packaged in a way to prevent this from happening again. I will definitely do business with them again. Even though they charge sales tax they were the cheapest around for the barrel shipped to my house. This was my second dealing with them and was very pleased both times. I was hunting for a spikes stripped lower with a sbr serial prefix. Called around and noone had one or they wouldnt bother to look. For such a large company they took the time to find one for me. If anyone wants here is the promo code i used "DFM" for 20$ off 200$.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    If it was just a disco no problem, would just eat it, but a 200$ barrel i cant.

Just off the phone, they are going to send me a new one. Shipping ups instead of usps. Only asked if by some miracle the barrel showed up to let them know. They are currently backordered so i have to wait until first of march or they offered me a refund. I asked if i could backorder and if I changed my mind or find another vendor get a refund. She said no problem. Im super pleased with the customer service. She was nice and friendly and assured me it would be packaged in a way to prevent this from happening again. I will definitely do business with them again. Even though they charge sales tax they were the cheapest around for the barrel shipped to my house. This was my second dealing with them and was very pleased both times. I was hunting for a spikes stripped lower with a sbr serial prefix. Called around and noone had one or they wouldnt bother to look. For such a large company they took the time to find one for me. If anyone wants here is the promo code i used "DFM" for 20$ off 200$.

glad it worked out well for you

Top Bottom