• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Anyone besides me using the elections as a motivator, excuse, or justification to buy more guns?

I love the Election years.

No, actually, the opposite. I sold a few guns, and a metric tonne of ammunition, and made a real nice profit. I have had a bunch of guns for a bunch of years, so the rise and fall of panic is just another market trend to build wealth, or opportunity to buy old guns when someone else gets in a pinch and needs to move one fast.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    I just picked up a Weatherby MarkV in 338 Win mag, Wife wanted to know why, I could only reply just in case.

I have been looking for a 338 for about three years

Last edited:

WoG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Plainfield
    I partly used it to justify my license. Who knows what's going to happen. Might as well get grandfathered in with a lifetime license now.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I bought my first gun (and am shopping for another) recently, but it had nothing to do with politics--this just turned out to be a good time for me to get into shooting. I know at least one person who avoided a thrashing from his wife by claiming that the AR-15 he bought would surely be increasing in value in the near future, though. :):

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can definitely say with no shame at all, that I am not of the same mind as many here.
    I'm not better, no worse. Just never have been scared of the gun grabbers. Obama isn't the threat to gun ownership. He's stated that he considers the 2nd amendment settled law.
    Pelosi and her flying monkeys are far more concerning. But they don't (or wont) have the mathmatics on their side to make any such move on firearms. I'm sure they'd love to - but they can't.

There are so many paranoid folks out there that are way too emotional to be objective about what's happening. Don't get me wrong, I get mad, too. I HATE the democratic party. I know when to put those emotions away and think.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    You have obviously only heard Obama's campaign lie and not his statement earlier when he said he would like to get rid of ALL guns. He had stated that he believes that no one should be allowed firearms. But then along came the bid for the White House. His people told him what each crowd wanted to hear and he "read" the appropriate speech.

It's not paranoia, it's knowledge, experience, exposure.
    You are right, he and his corrupt crew would have a hard time getting a vote for taking our guns right now. But then there is a "crisis" looming - just the excuse he would need to push for it.

Let's face it - he is a traitorous scumbag!

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    I regret not buying all the ammo I needed last year before it all doubled in price & disappeared, like the CMP 30-06. As far as guns I've had a list for awhile & have slowly been crossing things off as I get money together.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Obama isn't the threat to gun ownership. He's stated that he considers the 2nd amendment settled law.

Obama is the #1 threat to gun ownership. He is a status quo type, meaning he supports the current ways in which judges are making law. As such, he supports "the process," which was good back in the day, but sucks now. This process means that at any given time, the US Supreme Court is allowed to take up any gun case and make a ruling. He supports this process, he is very anti-gun for anyone but elites, and he appoints supreme court justices. If he had it his way, he would replace as many of these justices with anti-gun progressives. As soon as they banned the possession of firearms by us commoners, he would just say the same thing he said before, that he considers it settled law.

That is the problem with the law, it is always in a state of flux.

Top Bottom