• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    The political climate has also been right to introduce new people to guns. I have slowly been introducing gun type discussions and self defense importance of guns to the people at work all year. Many are now thinking they should get training and get handgun permits. It is a start and the more we have backing us the safer out rights will remain.

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Anyone besides me using the elections as a motivator, excuse, or justification to buy more guns?
    Yep. I'm hoping to add a G17, SR-15 E3 or Sig 556 SWAT Sidefolder, and AK47/74 to the collection. I'm also going to start building the Mk12 Mod1 clone sometime around Christmas.

The drag to that is that I told myself that I'd buy a safe (Cannon P22) before buying anymore guns. I know it's the right thing to do, but dang it was hard passing up that G17 I found last week.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Gun Buys

Anyone besides me using the elections as a motivator, excuse, or justification to buy more guns?

I find it very easy to rationalize that I should get as many toys as I can afford before they may become illegal or banned. Using this criteria I bought two things this year. First a new Bushmaster AR15 and second a Gemtech Silencer. Of course I had to buy a host pistol for the silencer so I bought a P22. And then I decided I would need a rifle platform host also, so now I am looking to buy/build a 10/22.

I love the Election years.

I am buying because of Obama.:ar15:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I am planning to buy one of those "evil black guns" when I get my tax refund in Feb. :patriot:

Yeah, I know it's late, but hopefully not too late. (I am hoping that Obama & friends will not have time to attack the Second Amendment by then - IF he get's in.)

I wish I had the money to do it NOW! (poverty sucks!) :xmad:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I tried to use the "i need to get some more ARs in case Obama gets elected" speech to my wife. It didn't work. :noway:

We then went on to have a discussion on why normal people would even want an AR. Geesh...

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm not sure I spelled it correctly.

Does your wife have a habbit of refusing to believe bad things in her life? Or is this just linked to this situation?

Now I get it.

She really does not see why ordinary people would need one of those "evil scary rifles". She has become a little more comfortable with me carrying, but ARs are another story. She just doesn't like 'em.

She does think I'm paranoid about Obama. But on the other hand, guns don't really matter to her.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Now I get it.

She really does not see why ordinary people would need one of those "evil scary rifles". She has become a little more comfortable with me carrying, but ARs are another story. She just doesn't like 'em.

She does think I'm paranoid about Obama. But on the other hand, guns don't really matter to her.

Let's hope you don't have to prove her wrong. (About Obama, the financial crisis, or anything else) and that no one "needs' an "evil scary rifle".

Do you have any friends who you could visit while he/she was cleaning one? He/she could have it taken apart so that it was in several "unidentifiable" parts that would not be threatening. (Ok, this is just a chunk of plastic, or metal - what's so scary about that?) Then he/she could reassemble it while you're there. :dunno:

joshennis84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    Yeah, I've bought a couple hi capacity hand guns, a semi-auto shotgun which who knows why is on that damn list. A 10/22 because obama thinks it's an assault rifle.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Being a person that lived Thur the 1994 Clinton Gun ban and seeing high capacity mags go from $20. bucks to over a hundred and fifty for Glock mags, I absolutely have been buying all the high capacity guns and mags that I can afford, and any rifles that might go away also.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Guns are my hoby. I did not go into panic mode, when our new lovelt president was elected. I'm one in believing, to always be prepared no matter the situation. Now wait until, everyone enters a panic mode.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Paranoid? I don't think so, just look at all the anti-gun nutjobs he has surrouned himself with and with his voting record on guns, I'm doing the best I can to fill the safe and then some.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Right now, I think investing _some_ money into guns isn't a bad thing. Banks are paying awful rates for short term CDs. As such, it might be worth it to take $250, $500, $1,000 and look at investing in high capacity magazines. I would get some AK mags, AR-15 mags, FAL mags, and G3 mags. The G3 mags can be had for dirt cheap now, and the others aren't too terrible. Also focus on getting some high caps for some of the more popular handguns: Glock and Beretta 92 are likely the most popular, followed by XD, XDm, M&P, and Sig. Botach has actually lowered their price on Glock magazines. They went from $15 or $17/each to around $23ish if I recall. They are now back down to $20/each. The April, 2009 CDNN catalog has the mags for the same price.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

I find it very easy to rationalize that I should get as many toys as I can afford before they may become illegal or banned. Using this criteria I bought two things this year. First a new Bushmaster AR15 and second a Gemtech Silencer. Of course I had to buy a host pistol for the silencer so I bought a P22. And then I decided I would need a rifle platform host also, so now I am looking to buy/build a 10/22.

I love the Election years.

You think Obama will stop you from buying guns and/or take your guns away but you go through all the paper work and give them all the information it takes to get a suppressor?...hum..., for a 22 LR? ...hum..., how does this rationalization thing work again. Take me through it a little slower with more details please.

Top Bottom