No, sometimes we talk about boobies.

boobies.jpg

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    He won't. He's running up his post count again, trying to make a mad dash for the classifieds before that amazing gun disappears. Because he thinks the mods are idiots.

lol, we use to just reset the stats and or membership of post whores gunning for privileges. There is a lot that can be done with forum software these days. I remember someone coming up with a "Make Miserable" script/code/whatever that you'd put said member into. It was basically a special group that never remembers their password and pretty much put them through hell every time they wanted to log in.

EDIT: Holy ongoing thread! I only read the first few posts and commented on post whoring. Sorry, I would not have added to a thread that should have died 10 months ago!

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    lol, we use to just reset the stats and or membership of post whores gunning for privileges. There is a lot that can be done with forum software these days. I remember someone coming up with a "Make Miserable" script/code/whatever that you'd put said member into. It was basically a special group that never remembers their password and pretty much put them through hell every time they wanted to log in.

EDIT: Holy ongoing thread! I only read the first few posts and commented on post whoring. Sorry, I would not have added to a thread that should have died 10 months ago!

I beg to differ, good sir. I beg to differ.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    From the INGO FAQ:

Look, I don't want to be rude to new members and chase them off, but c'mon. It's EXHAUSTING. The number of people who jump on here and don't give a rat's behind about the site or its members is frustrating. They have no respect for you. The fact that someone would come here and spam 25 threads with the same one-word comment is proof of that.

I understand your frustration Scutter01. But I honestly had genuine contempt for the dumb 50 post rule when I first arrived. I bypassed it by becoming a site supporter initially. Bada bing....straight into the classifieds I went. Money truly does make the world go round. I gave no problems to anybody nor did anybody else give problems to me. And there was no conversation history to judge me by but hey, it all worked out fine somehow.

I didn't join this site initially to have conversations with anybody. I joined to buy, sell and trade guns and stuff. Some people could care less about conversation or even worse, could make a mess of things by their lack of grace, but that's not to say they wouldn't treat people right in gun deals.

IMHO, forcing people into conversation is like mandating that new members must be involved in 10 gun buys/sales/trades before they can participate in the forums. It's like a temporary and seemingly unnecessary detour.

For those that come for the gun deals, the 50 post requirement is an irritating annoyance. Shouldn't good conversation come from the heart, mind and will rather than by a Mod's directives?

No intent to inflame or disrespect bro. Just speaking my mind.

And speaking of gun deals while we're in this somewhat aimless post, I think it would be cool to have a running "Lowballer's List" attached to the classifieds, if it didn't create more logistical nightmares.

Too many lowball attempts by a particular scumbag for example would result in the loss of access to the classifieds for 30 days, or indefinitely. Just an idea.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Yep. It's tacked on to the same bill that is ending the lifetime "Carry Permit"

This one's true though. I read it on the internet from a guy who knows a guy who had a cousin that walks the dog of a guy who knows a girl who caught a glimpse of the ever evasive Scutter

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom