Not open for further replies.

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    Over 300 posts in this thread!!
    Why did I just do that. Oh, wait... There is an item in the classifieds I want. I'm up to 24 posts now?

laxmann31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Northside Indy
    True, we need laws like they have in Florida. They seem to have the bases covered in the event that you would have use it to protect yourself OR someone else

laxmann31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Northside Indy
    LOL thanks! Yeah its about using your gun when you are in danger...
    IC 35-47-4-3
    Pointing firearm at another person
    Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:
    (1) IC 35-41-3-2; or
    (2) IC 35-41-3-3.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.
    As added by P.L.296-1995, SEC.2.

Im just saying we need laws similar to Florida shown below (Taken from Florida government website):
    A. Florida law justifies use of deadly force when you are:

Trying to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm;
    Trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary or kidnapping.
    Using or displaying a handgun in any other circumstances could result in your conviction for crimes such as improper exhibition of a firearm, manslaughter, or worse.

Example of the kind of attack that will not justify defending yourself with deadly force: Two neighbors got into a fight, and one of them tried to hit the other by swinging a garden hose. The neighbor who was being attacked with the hose shot the other in the chest. The court upheld his conviction for aggravated battery with a firearm, because an attack with a garden hose is not the kind of violent assault that justifies responding with deadly force.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    You can own a gun and carry a gun, but if you feel threatend and use it you're screwed in Indiana.

Have I posted in this thread yet? I'd read back through but I don't want to have to wade through all that garbage. Well, I'm posting now.

But back to the original post. Think about it.
    If you "use it" .... "you're screwed".
    I have been thinking about that, and I actually agree.
    It would suck to actually have to kill someone (cause in my mind games, if I pull it out, I fully intend to kill). When you kill someone, whether it's justified or not, you have just connected your life to that person's ..... forever!
    Forever, you'll be the one who killed "Johnny" we'll call him. Sure Johnny brought it on himself, but you killed him. Now, maybe you'll get charged criminally, or maybe not (you'll get to worry about that for a while), then even if you don't you have to wonder about civil lawsuits. But let's just say you're vindicated, maybe even a hero. But you still killed Johnny. You'll be sweating bullets, so to speak, for years wondering if Johnny's family will plot against you or your family. You'll lose sleep, lose money (gettin more guns and ammo). Any maybe, you won't be able to handle the idea that you actually took the life of another.
    Yep, in Indiana (or anywhere else) if you use it, you very well may be screwed.:n00b:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    LOL thanks! Yeah its about using your gun when you are in danger...
    IC 35-47-4-3
    Pointing firearm at another person
    Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:
    (1) IC 35-41-3-2; or
    (2) IC 35-41-3-3.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.
    As added by P.L.296-1995, SEC.2.

Im just saying we need laws similar to Florida shown below (Taken from Florida government website):
    A. Florida law justifies use of deadly force when you are:

Trying to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm;
    Trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary or kidnapping.
    Using or displaying a handgun in any other circumstances could result in your conviction for crimes such as improper exhibition of a firearm, manslaughter, or worse.

Example of the kind of attack that will not justify defending yourself with deadly force: Two neighbors got into a fight, and one of them tried to hit the other by swinging a garden hose. The neighbor who was being attacked with the hose shot the other in the chest. The court upheld his conviction for aggravated battery with a firearm, because an attack with a garden hose is not the kind of violent assault that justifies responding with deadly force.

Have I posted in this thread yet? I'd read back through but I don't want to have to wade through all that garbage. Well, I'm posting now.

But back to the original post. Think about it.
    If you "use it" .... "you're screwed".
    I have been thinking about that, and I actually agree.
    It would suck to actually have to kill someone (cause in my mind games, if I pull it out, I fully intend to kill). When you kill someone, whether it's justified or not, you have just connected your life to that person's ..... forever!
    Forever, you'll be the one who killed "Johnny" we'll call him. Sure Johnny brought it on himself, but you killed him. Now, maybe you'll get charged criminally, or maybe not (you'll get to worry about that for a while), then even if you don't you have to wonder about civil lawsuits. But let's just say you're vindicated, maybe even a hero. But you still killed Johnny. You'll be sweating bullets, so to speak, for years wondering if Johnny's family will plot against you or your family. You'll lose sleep, lose money (gettin more guns and ammo). Any maybe, you won't be able to handle the idea that you actually took the life of another.
    Yep, in Indiana (or anywhere else) if you use it, you very well may be screwed.:n00b:

Hmmm... Interesting... I agree.

Now back to post padding!

laxmann31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Northside Indy
    I was thinking more about the law aspect. There was also a lot of crap post(including my off topic ones) On the psychological standpoint hopefully they would be able to understand they had to do it to save their life or someone else's. This very muuch seems like something our soldiers face

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    icon_hmmm.gif

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    Forget that, I like the gun laws in Arizona much better! If I were to feel threatened, I can flash my carry piece to difuse the situation. Not that I would ever do that, but it shows how pro 2a they are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom