• JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Sick of winning yet?

US Steel wants to accelerate investments, bring back jobs, CEO says

[FONT=&quot]"When you get into some situations where we're being asked to control some substances in water that are far lower than what nature naturally offers, that's irrational," he said.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"There was a point in time in the past couple years that I was having to hire more lawyers to try to interpret these new regulations than I was hiring … engineers. That doesn't make any sense."[/FONT]

I have long thought there is a huge amount of pent-up economic demand that is choking under oversight, over-regulation, and artificially expensive energy. We could be on the brink of something pretty amazing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's been a bad couple of weeks...

...for Obama.

And I for one am smiling for it.

Pence was saying on the radio today that the 1st order of business (1st 100 days) was to get a fresh pen and pad, revoke every non-constitutional executive order that idiot put into place.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Sick of winning yet?

[FONT=&amp]"When you get into some situations where we're being asked to control some substances in water that are far lower than what nature naturally offers, that's irrational," he said.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"There was a point in time in the past couple years that I was having to hire more lawyers to try to interpret these new regulations than I was hiring … engineers. That doesn't make any sense."[/FONT]

I have long thought there is a huge amount of pent-up economic demand that is choking under oversight, over-regulation, and artificially expensive energy. We could be on the brink of something pretty amazing.

Have a long time friend who retired from the EPA last year. Absolutely hated his job, especially after the current POTUS started really cranking down on the regulations. Was told by VERY high up people that his job was to find ways to shut down business.

Needless to say he's very encouraged by the possibility of the EPA going back to being a protector of the land who helps business vs. finds ways to make it hard for them to stay open (especially businesses not "wanted" by the current administration).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have a long time friend who retired from the EPA last year. Absolutely hated his job, especially after the current POTUS started really cranking down on the regulations. Was told by VERY high up people that his job was to find ways to shut down business.

Needless to say he's very encouraged by the possibility of the EPA going back to being a protector of the land who helps business vs. finds ways to make it hard for them to stay open (especially businesses not "wanted" by the current administration).

"O" used every alphabet agency he could to stifle this country.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah I tapped into this article in another thread. Trump is definitely putting out that "Make America Great Again" vibe. The business and financial sectors are starting to buzz. Haven't had this vibe for quite some time and he has'nt even been sworn in yet.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sick of winning yet?

[FONT=&amp]"When you get into some situations where we're being asked to control some substances in water that are far lower than what nature naturally offers, that's irrational," he said.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"There was a point in time in the past couple years that I was having to hire more lawyers to try to interpret these new regulations than I was hiring … engineers. That doesn't make any sense."[/FONT]

Wait until you start your own business!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Just out of school many years ago I had an interview with the Regional Air Pollution Control agency in Dayton, OH. Their funding mandate all comes from the Clean Air Act, and they do permitting, surveillance, remediation plans, etc. (and lawsuits...don't lawsuits from the Attorney General's office). I was interviewed by the Director of the Agency, at that time someone whose name was remarkably similar to that of a Supreme Court justice, but I can't remember. Anyway, he went on and on about how the local GM assembly plant (Moraine - S10 Truck) had this E-coat paint line that had such-and-such amount of VOC emissions, and he just couldn't shut up about it. You could tell he despised it. He said, "What do you need paint on the underside of a car for, anyway...nobody can see under there?" And I'm sitting right there in the interview, musing - "Corrosion Protection?" I recall he was floored by that, and said he didn't give a care about what the underside of his vehicle looked like. I guess he liked the old days when your car rusted out at 50k miles.

Fortunately I was able to leave that interview and not look back. I didn't get the job (gasp!) and was working at Goodyear soon after, on what that fellow would have probably considered the "wrong" side of the law. I have never forgotten that putz though. He clearly thought he should be able to shut that process down. There was no hint of a, "How can I help you comply with the regulations and keep jobs here?" type attitude with that guy. Just "why do you need a paint line?" Geez. And he was the highest person in charge of that Agency, basically setting the direction, agenda, budget, everything about how the tone of the way they operated.

I would hope that Trump could at least prune back the bush that produces branches like that one...for a little while anyway.

As an aside, a friend who helped me get the interview later related he had an acquaintance whose job there was to enforce Open Burning Permits. He came in every morning, got the keys to the County vehicle and disappeared the rest of the day, driving around the County looking for people burning leaves or trash...then showing back up at 3:45 with a half-eaten Wendy's frosty, turning in the keys and leaving without saying anything to anybody. Nobody really knew what he did all day.

GM Moraine assembly plant and its few thousand jobs are long gone. It was closed by the same CEO who went to Washington to beg Obama for the Auto Bailout. But I have little doubt the Frosty-job is still there, being done by somebody. If you live in Dayton, the Clean Air Act might guarantee your job...or it might help end it...depending who you know.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The stuff that is considered criminal in this country blows my mind sometimes. This is why people need to study a candidate before they vote for it! Don't just vote for who looks or sounds better. Elected officials have huge power to **** up your life and future generations or make it better. Would a little reading up kill people?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    He's watching obama speech reruns.
    It can be fun. I like inner city accent obama much better than urban white obama. They change with the crowd he's pandering to. Hillary too
    How Democratic of them! Kinda like the Southern Accent Hillary doll that was making the rounds in the SE earlier this year!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom