• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Only in the USAF will we spend 1.2 billion dollars on a machine that only holds 2 people, yet still possesses the capability of decimating entire cities in a single mission. :rockwoot:

800px-B-2_Spirit_original.jpg

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    We all know the Marines fall under the Dept of Navy, officers from both train at Annapolis and ya'll got a big anchor stuff in your seal!

You know the Marines don't know or do they believe this I tried to convince many of them that they worked for the Navy when I was active duty and they just are in complete denial. I would always end with "OK, Who is the Secretary of the Marine corps?"

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    You know the Marines don't know or do they believe this I tried to convince many of them that they worked for the Navy when I was active duty and they just are in complete denial. I would always end with "OK, Who is the Secretary of the Marine corps?"

The U.S. Marine Corps is not a branch of the U.S. Navy - it is a separate service branch within the Department of the Navy, the civilian branch of the Department of Defense tasked with overseeing the Navy and Marine Corps. Since the Navy and Marines have historically been so closely associated (Marines are embarked on Naval vessels, and the two have always participated closely in joint operations for many years) the decision was made to bring the two under one authority.

Even so, the two branches have their own separate and distinct Chain of Command - the Secretary of the Navy oversees the two, but the Navy is headed by the Chief of Naval Operations, while the Marines are commanded by the Commandant of the Marine Corps. Both officers are normally 4-star ranks.

Source.

And lets not forget...
    The Marine Corps is the MENS DEPARTMENT of the Navy! ;)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Only in the USAF will we spend 1.2 billion dollars on a machine that only holds 2 people, yet still possesses the capability of decimating entire cities in a single mission. :rockwoot:

yes... they can talk about decimating entire cities in a single mission

But the US ARMY air force has actually done it ;) :rockwoot:

enola_gay.jpg

Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    Some more football jokes!!

Q: Why do West Point graduates hang their diplomas from the rear view mirror?
    • A: To justify their handicap parking.
    Q: Do you know why the Army football team should change its name to the "Opposums"?

• A: Because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.
    Q: Why doesn't Army have ice on the sidelines during games?

• A: The guy with the recipe graduated.
    Q. What do you get when you drive slowly by the Military Academy campus?

• A. A degree.
    Q: What do a Navy Midshipman and a West Point Cadet have in common?

• A: They both got accepted to West Point.
    Q: What do you get when you breed a groundhog and a West Point Cadet?

• A: Six more weeks of bad football.

------------------------------

Thanks all for your service!:patriot:
      God Bless & Semper Fi

Where are my Marine Jokes??? y'all got to have some!!!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

It has 5 crew members.

The record for longest combat flight was set by one of them on a mission that was 44 hour's long....... they have trained for at least 50 hour mission's in simulator's (public information).

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Why vote? Everyone has a job to do. People choose different branches for a reason. Nothing wrong with having pride, in what branch you served. I have it too. If not for the Coast Guard, who is going to do the rescues and high risk boardings? If not for Navy, who is going to drive the Marines around and bring air and sea power anywhere in the world in a matter of hours? If not for the Army, and Marines who's going to do the dirty work in the suck? If not for the Air Force, who is going to transport and execute the vast amount of air support? I could go on about how the Coast Guard is the oldest sea going service. 220 years of service, officially as the Coast Guard more before! Be thankful me have men and women willing to sacrifice, and end it at that!

"Semper Paratus" :patriot:
    Fair winds, and following seas,
    Patriot

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Well, my dad was in the Army first, then the Coast Guard, So...I'm gonna have to go with the USAAC, solely based on Hickmans post. He's right you know.:rockwoot:

Last edited:

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    My vote is in. I am proud to have served my country. It dont matter which branch wins. Because we all win.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    It has 5 crew members.

The record for longest combat flight was set by one of them on a mission that was 44 hour's long....... they have trained for at least 50 hour mission's in simulator's (public information).

Not to be "that guy" but you have a pilot in the left seat, and mission commander in the right, and provisions for a third crew member if needed. B-52 has 5 member crew if that is what your thinking of. B-2s just have 2 on a normal flight, computers do the rest.

Here is "the spirit of Indiana."
    800px-B2PlanView.jpg

A fun fact for the contest. The largest airplane to ever score a air-to-air kill was a B-52D. They actually have two confirmed kills, both MIG-21s over Vietnam. Also it was the last time a bomber gunner would shoot down a enemy aircraft. :yesway:

Sorry for all that, B-2s have always fascinated me with their capabilities.

But to get back on track with the war.

Only in the USAF can you pack this much explosives into a package..........
    800px-B-52H_static_display_arms_06.jpg

that can do this. (yes that is real picture in case you were wondering, and no he wasn't crashing)
    viewthread.php

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Why vote?

Because we all think our jobs are the most important, and besides it keeps things interesting.

Were is the fun in not kidding a Marine about his average IQ and limited vocabulary, a Army Grunt about not being able to shoot worth a darn, a Airforce jockey about there superior average intelligence (not like im bias or anything ;)), a Navy seamen about being stuck on a boat with 5000 other guys, or a Coastie about not being in the real military? Its all in good fun, but rest assured that when the SHTF all 5 will act together to assure that MR Taliban gets his virgins post haste. :)

Top Bottom