• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Have we lost our minds!!!!
    :xmad: and :dunno:
    US doctor with Ebola in Atlanta for treatment

Per the article this marks the 1st time someone with Ebola is believed to have been brought into the country for treatment.
    A 2nd American will **ALSO** with Ebola is also coming.

WTF!!!!

We didnt close oir border down when swine flu (which was supposed to be way worse than it really was) broke out in mexico ... granted this is much different, just sayin

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    At least they know he's infected and they will treat him as such, which in not the case with all the other people who enter the country. :dunno:

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Have we lost our minds!!!!
    :xmad: and :dunno:
    US doctor with Ebola in Atlanta for treatment

Per the article this marks the 1st time someone with Ebola is believed to have been brought into the country for treatment.
    A 2nd American will **ALSO** with Ebola is also coming.

WTF!!!!

Nothing could possibly go wrong with this. Kind of like when they moved Plum Island to Kansas.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    As Sylvain noted, how MANY people have illegally crossed our border and in the country with some other communicable disease and possibly start an epidemic? :dunno:

There's certainly sufficient reasons to seal the border beyond simply "a bunch of people" being here illegally that we must feed and house.

Gang members, drug dealers, terrorists, disease carriers, thieves, rapists, murderers. To the Liar-In-Chief, ALL of these are 'worth having' in the U.S. just to keep an open border. :xmad:

And now, we're transporting IN known lethal diseases with the two ebola cases? :nuts:

I'm sure someone will make the 'bleeding heart argument' of bringing these two people back to the U.S. 'because we need to save their lives!' BUT, how many American lives are now at risk, here? Everyone who treats or otherwise comes in contact with these two. What happened to the Hippocratic oath part about 'First, do NO harm'?

These two people CHOSE to go to Liberia. They COULD have stayed in the U.S. and provided MUCH needed assistance to Americans (hmmm, how 'bout Veterans?) And NO, I do NOT care that they're Americans. These two CHOSE to leave and head to another country to 'do good' there when countless Americans are in need. You turn your back on helping your own country, your country owes you nothing.

They CHOSE to go to Liberia, they should have STAYED in Liberia and not potentially brought a contagion to the U.S., however 'little' the risk, as the article observes. A 'little' risk is STILL a risk.

IF, god forbid, they DO infect others, even 1 other, the response from the bleeding-heart yabos will simply be a shrug and "Oh, our bad. Sorry".

And if they do survive and are 'cured' (which I hope), will these two STAY in America and show SOME appreciation by working here? Dollars to doughnuts says no. They'll go right back to some other third-world :poop:hole.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If your stupid enough to go to some 3rd world **** hole and play with people who have a non-curable disease then don't ask formy pity when your dying from it. For people who have a family what a ****ty way to treat them. Risk your life and them not having you for something stupid. It's like all these stupid reporters who wanna go play grab ass with terrorists and ten cry foul when one gets their head cut off.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know him. Kent is TR alum. He is a wonderful person.

I wish him and his family the best.

This nonsense upsets me:

"Nothing comes out of this unit until it is non-infectious," said Dr. Bruce Ribner, who will be treating the patients. "The bottom line is: We have an inordinate amount of safety associated with the care of this patient. And we do not believe that any health care worker, any other patient or any visitor to our facility is in any way at risk of acquiring this infection."

Yeah, you know what, Bruce? This is exactly what Kent said in Africa.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    If your stupid enough to go to some 3rd world **** hole and play with people who have a non-curable disease then don't ask formy pity when your dying from it. For people who have a family what a ****ty way to treat them. Risk your life and them not having you for something stupid. It's like all these stupid reporters who wanna go play grab ass with terrorists and ten cry foul when one gets their head cut off.

Fine display of human compassion (not to mention WWJD) for someone who is trying to make the world a better place. I don't want to be standing next to you when karma comes a callin'. I sincerely hope that you will be treated with more compassion in your time of need.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Fine display of human compassion (not to mention WWJD) for someone who is trying to make the world a better place. I don't want to be standing next to you when karma comes a callin'. I sincerely hope that you will be treated with more compassion in your time of need.
    Whatever. It has nothing to do with who I am as a person. And don't throw that banned topic bull **** at me! I don't feel sorry for people who make their own bed.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

The only way the world will ever be a better place is when all of mankind is gone.
    Until then it's a fruity dream.
    Mankind has shown since before history had been recorded that it can not be at peace.
    Since i have no plans on being gone I'm with the others on hear.
    He chose that path and knew the risk.
    He should never have been brought here.

Also is there a cure for this?
    If not then what good is bringing him here or any other medical place

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    So much hatred and judgement on here. Until we believe that things can be better and take action to make them that way, nothing will improve.

"The only way the world will ever be a better place is when all of mankind is gone" - that speaks volumes about you. Self-loathe much?

Actually, there is a "cure" - keep the patient alive long enough for the body to fight the virus. Best chance of making that happen is to treat them here.

And, the virus will make its' way here eventually anyway. Our best hope is to learn what we can by treating it here.

I'm outta here.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

How's karma going to treat the person who just risked the lives of millions of people in the U.S?

There's no reason in the world why they couldn't have transported more people and equipment there to treat the disease.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    There is no proven cure for the virus. It kills an estimated 60 percent to 80 percent of the people it infects, but American doctors in Africa say the mortality rate would be much lower in a functioning health care system.

Wait. We have a functioning health care system? :dunno:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am going to be honest and say my thoughts on this subject. This is one of those times that compassion can turn around and bite you in the *** really hard. Don't you imagine that this doctor was taking precautions? It took one mistake to give this guy this disease. This guys was a doctor and new the precautions to avoid it! And he still got it. It takes 1 mistake. Just "1" to start a epidemic. And this guy made one of those mistakes. Can you guarantee that no mistakes will be made while people are handling this guy? No you can't.

I do feel compassion for the guy. It's an awesome thing that he has done for the people of that region. He's a honerable man. No doubt. And I hope he can be cured. And I seriously hope that no mistake's are made in his recovery. But IMHO purposely bringing the disease to this country is a bad ideal. No matter how noble it may be to cure this guy.

Let me find my flame suit....

Carry on!

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I personally think they'll give him the best care they can, and with luck he'll survive; and with even more luck will be able to be studied to find a vaccine. What bothers me is the precedent set. These two may be fine and will live out their lives and never infect a single other person; but the precedent is set that we can import people and treat them here. Fast forward to Ebola 2025, and we get cocky, and then we have a problem.
    Some of that Dept of Homeland Security money should absolutely go to a state of the art treatment facility. Over there. Turning our heads and ignoring it, or standing on our high horse about our supposed vastly superior healthcare simply shouldn't be an option.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I know him. Kent is TR alum. He is a wonderful person.

I wish him and his family the best.

This nonsense upsets me:

"Nothing comes out of this unit until it is non-infectious," said Dr. Bruce Ribner, who will be treating the patients. "The bottom line is: We have an inordinate amount of safety associated with the care of this patient. And we do not believe that any health care worker, any other patient or any visitor to our facility is in any way at risk of acquiring this infection."
    Yeah, you know what, Bruce? This is exactly what Kent said in Africa.
    Didn't the builder of the Titanic express similar confidence?

You know what other disease we don't have a cure for?

Hubris. Humans are constantly suffering from it, and nobody seems to learn anything after someone croaks as a result of it.

How's karma going to treat the person who just risked the lives of millions of people in the U.S?

There's no reason in the world why they couldn't have transported more people and equipment there to treat the disease.
    What he said.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

Except that he didn't go to play, but rather to treat them. The people there don't have the luxury of hiding behind an ocean from this disease, as the initial transmission stages from the environment are located near them. This man is no different from many doctors who have suffered or died helping their patients, but I'll be darned if he isn't the first I've seen being reviled for his bravery in doing so.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom