US Army say goodbye Colt, and hello Remington!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    It hasn't I was just responding to post that responded to my last post that was a respose to a post about red jacket military contracts with my respose explaining(in a smartass way) that because they seem to focus on AK's it would never happen, regardless of how good or bad they are.

To get back on Topic I find this a horrific move, going from colt to..to..Remington/Bushmaster....and that evil take over the world freedom group brand!!! I am not even a colt fan I do not think this is a wise choice. Though its probably all money related.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON

Excerpt from the linked article:
    The terms of the new contract were not disclosed, though a spokesmen for the Colt management told the press they believe this iteration of the contract will continue to ensure quality employment for their workers while giving Colt Defense a competitive edge in the teeming gun market.
    The two parties came to an agreement and signed a contract. There is no problem. Did you have difficulty in comprehending the article? :cool:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Are the remington ones going to be piston driven? I heard a month or two ago the military was going to a piston driven rifle

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I believe the Remington's will be fine. Not sure why this appears to be an issue? Save the tax payers some money and still get a high quality product. Sounds like a win/win to me.:patriot:

Agree! I know every manufacter has a bad one here and there however, as a former USAF CATM troop I have seen more than a few recently manufactured COLT M4's with issues. Several burst cams and sears were inoperable right from the factory (like over 10% of the guns tested)

From what I saw (had to fix) I beleive any manufacter but COLT would do a lot better (until they got comfortable anyway)!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Agree! I know every manufacter has a bad one here and there however, as a former USAF CATM troop I have seen more than a few recently manufactured COLT M4's with issues. Several burst cams and sears were inoperable right from the factory (like over 10% of the guns tested)

From what I saw (had to fix) I beleive any manufacter but COLT would do a lot better (until they got comfortable anyway)!
    As a whole Colts quality has decreased maybe thats because they had the big government contracts keeping them going and didnt need to appeal to the civilian market

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    As a whole Colts quality has decreased maybe thats because they had the big government contracts keeping them going and didnt need to appeal to the civilian market

News to me.

Also, they're doing more for the civilian market currently than they have in a long time.

Top Bottom