• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    I did not read all the posts but as far as I am concerned I hope that he doesnt get hired on in the PCSD. We dont need any more gung-ho cops in Porter County. A good street cop thinks about his actions before he acts in a non life threatening situation. IMO a guy who is not a LEO and assumes a defensive position and barks orders especially at handicapped people is not of the right mind set to be a LEO. He said he almost had to draw down twice in 2 months, I'm sorry but I live close to Gary and worked in Gary which is far worse than Hunters Point Complex and plus I spent 13 years in NY on the job and never had to draw down on anyone and he is a civilian. Situational awareness and a cool head will prevail.

great points....i've stated before that i've lived either in or around gary all my life...still work there....i have never had to almost draw down on anyone...have i felt a little worried from time to time?...yup!...but always got out of the situation...i always relized that if i **** someone off today..i'll have to see him again driving thru tonite..

MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    I did not read all the posts but as far as I am concerned I hope that he doesnt get hired on in the PCSD. We dont need any more gung-ho cops in Porter County. A good street cop thinks about his actions before he acts in a non life threatening situation. IMO a guy who is not a LEO and assumes a defensive position and barks orders especially at handicapped people is not of the right mind set to be a LEO. He said he almost had to draw down twice in 2 months, I'm sorry but I live close to Gary and worked in Gary which is far worse than Hunters Point Complex and plus I spent 13 years in NY on the job and never had to draw down on anyone and he is a civilian. Situational awareness and a cool head will prevail.

I hope he DOES get hired, just to tick off all the armchair quarterback tin-foil hatters here.

NOONE, and I mean NOONE gets in my face and screams, Especially at my home... why should he be any different. You want to take it, your choice.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Whatever happend to that train wreck smiley...........

You mean this?

train.gif

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Maybe he didn't handle this in the best way.

But you know what?

Some trashy ***** got all up in his business with some thugs gathering around. And do you know why she did this? Because everybody else does what you people do. They back down. And maybe that is the best course of action.

But personally, I give him props for standing up to these people. If someone is in his personal space verbally assaulting him, he has every right to loudly tell them to back off. And if they have a problem with that and resort to physical violence, he has every right to shoot them. It's time for these parasites on society to learn some manners.

So maybe it wasn't the best tactical decision, but I still give him a :yesway:

And P.S. I'm as critical of cops as anyone

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    And if they have a problem with that and resort to physical violence, he has every right to shoot them. It's time for these parasites on society to learn some manners.

What's that old adage?...something about armed & polite? :dunno:

Based upon what PatriotPride posted, I think the situation was handled quite well. Of course...my reading comprehension has always been one of my strongest abilities, while my imagination for inventing words & making assumptions have always been quite weak... :rolleyes:

The only issue I can see is the voluntary disarming. A handgun is safest in its holster. If it's dusk/dark & questionables are gathering around, never ever disarm. If nothing else happens, it still shows that you really didn't fear for your safety. :twocents:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Your biggest tactical mistake was coming here and asking what everyone thought. You should just go to the beach and beg to have sand kicked in your face, volunteer to be the taser training subject, or jump naked in a tank of piranha.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Your biggest tactical mistake was coming here and asking what everyone thought. You should just go to the beach and beg to have sand kicked in your face, volunteer to be the taser training subject, or jump naked in a tank of piranha.

QFT and repped.

MrBogok

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Indy
    MOVE!!! Sounds like those people are just looking for a reason to mess you up! Get out before something ugly happens

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    stated to write the same thing

These are just my opinions so take them with a grain of salt please

1. id get out of there as soon as possible so you dont have to shoot someone or be shot yourself by a looney.

2. i wouldnt have stayed and taken a verbal bashing from a crazy old bag. i would have got as quickly to my car and back inside my appartment as possible to not let her get her way. cause basicly all the old man did was lead you into a hornets nest and he probly knew it. leave the situation, if its escalated it will only get worse with time. the police know how to knock on your door if they need to talk to you.

3. i wouldnt have even came close to drawing my weapon. an old looney bag in my face and 10 currious neighbors still isnt justification to even look like your gonna draw.

4. i also dont agree with you unloading your gun and putting it in your car. heres the reasons. one, you dont even wanna touch your gun while carrying during a altercation unless your gonna use it, cause it could have looked like you were gonna go postal on your neighbors. they and the police dont know if your loading or unloading, they just see you playing with a gun. two, just because the police show up dont mean you might not have to still defend yourself if a neighbor starts shooting, you just disarmed yourself. you werent doing anything wrong, you just kinda made yourself look guilty, like maybe you were hiding your weapon. (not saying you were, im just talking about perception of dumb people watching) Three, why go spread eagle on your trunk and make yourself apear to be a criminal infront of your neighbors?

conclusion: if your in the right then maintain your confidence, stand up straght, look people in the eye, and dont show fear. Next time walk away, heck i probly would have just left my car parked as is as soon as the loon started yelling at me and went inside. dont sweat the report. you werent wrong and its not gonna get you fired.

:+1:I almost wrote the same thing.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    He didnt pull his firearm! why is everyone telling him he shouldnt have?:dunno:

Im not sure you handled it in the best of ways. you would of been better off ignoring her..or at the most acknowledge her by saying "sorry mam,Ill move my vehicle" and just let her talk chit. as you said her husband was trying to calm her down...she wasnt your problem.
    by acting in a defensive manner you did escalate the situation. I mean really..what could a crippled lady do to harm you? assuming she was unarmed.

then again none of us where there so none of us know how we would of handled it for sure.

one thing I would like to know though...how come every time some one on this forum describes a situation they where involved in like this they always have to tell us what they where carrying and how they where carrying it, "I had my glock 92 with tactical plasma cutter and heat seeking rounds on my 16 o'clock in a baby monkey skin triple stitched holster and I was ready to draw down on the cross eyed little girl if need be! no way was I going to let her steal my paper clip!!!!"

I had to resurrect this, this post specifically.

It still makes me laugh

muncie1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Personally, when I would get out of there depends on your credit score. If you terminate the lease earlier they can report that and you may have a problem getting a new apartment, just my opinion, though.

The bottom line is your life and health are worth more than a credit score.

Top Bottom