• ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Trying to find a quality upper for a new AR15 build for around the $100-$200 range, and nobody seems to have stock. First choice right now seems to be a BCM, but I would entertain other options.

Does anybody know of any out there for sale? I keep checking to regular sites, but everyone is out of stock right now. If anyone happens to run across something, I would love it if you would let me know.

Thanks!

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I just had one delivered from Rock River. Joe Bob's Outfitters has some also.

Thanks. I just looked at Joe Bob's, and they have a grand total of 3 uppers available!

-They have one Seekins upper ($269!), but it only accepts Seekins handguards so that one is out.
    -They have a Mega Arms billet upper, which I might consider actually, but I have no knowledge of Mega Arms, although the reviews seem positive.
    -They have a Bootleg that does not have a forward assist and does not give me the "warm and fuzzies".

That's it!

Here is a link to the Mega Arms upper. Any comments?

Mega Arms Billet Upper w/ M4 Feed Ramps Hard Anodizing

I was hoping to get one with the forward assist and dust guard already installed, but that is not a real biggie. I hate to just settle however because that is the only one I can find, so if anyone has any feedback on Mega Arms in general, or this billet upper, I would to hear it.

Thanks again for tip.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Do you have a lower already? If not, The matched billet sets from Recoil Gunworks are really nice. I've got two sets on a couple of rifles and have been very happy with them.

Thanks for that. Yes, I have a Spike's Lower built and ready to go. I also have a barrel, handguard, BCG, flash guard and sights. I just need the upper.

I see that PA has a few new choices today. What are peoples thoughts on Yankee Hill Machine?

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Personally, I would just wait until you could find a Spikes upper. Apart from the aesthetics of the billet uppers, a forger upper is a forged upper. There are only a handful of manufacturers for uppers, so the differences comes down to finish and the company's name. Since you have a Spikes lower, get the matched upper.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Personally, I would just wait until you could find a Spikes upper. Apart from the aesthetics of the billet uppers, a forger upper is a forged upper. There are only a handful of manufacturers for uppers, so the differences comes down to finish and the company's name. Since you have a Spikes lower, get the matched upper.

Thanks, that is sort of the way I was leaning originally, but they are rare as hen's teeth right now. I understand that Aero Precision makes the Spike's uppers, so I was thinking that I might get a decent fit with an Aero as well.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Nice! I sent a message to the seller. How do transactions work on Armslist? Thanks for the link BTW, this is exactly what I was looking for.
    You send him a message telling him you want to buy his upper receiver. He agrees to the terms. You send him money and he sends you the upper receiver.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    You send him a message telling him you want to buy his upper receiver. He agrees to the terms. You send him money and he sends you the upper receiver.

Haha! Just like "the old days", eh? So it is basically like a Craig's List type of purchase then, and Armslist themselves are not involved. Thanks for the info.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    As an update, I pulled the trigger on an Aero stripped upper from PA for $69, plus the forward assist and dust cover, so I got the entire kit for about $90.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Top Bottom