• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Perhaps old news to some, as apparently this rolled out in 2021, but I just got my renewed passport in the mail and it's quite a bit different than the old ones. See changes here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/passport-help/next-generation-passport.html

It looks and feels really 'premium' for lack of a better term. The page numbers are more usable in the visa stamp section, the artwork is updated, and the id page itself seems nice. Probably much harder to forge or alter.

1676318375498.jpg

Word of caution, though, your passport number does change once you get this new style. Be sure to update any saved info so you don't have to try to change it at the ticket counter.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have one of the new ones. Just used it for a trip to London. Unfortunately I didn't get a stamp at Heathrow. They just scan the passport and let you waltz right in. We never even spoke to a real person when we arrived.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They are red instead of blue.
    Not to be confused with the "Official" passport, AKA "the red/shoot me first" passport.

GI's can be a bit morbid with their humor. That's from when a Navy diver was murdered by terrorists on a hijacked aircraft in 1985 IIRC.

(Possible Military BS stories cross-post here) In 1999 when I was still in Base Supply we had C-130s go to an African country (for several weeks, not a touch and go with just the aircrew) with which we had no Status Of Forces Agreement (SOFA.) When I asked the question, "So how many people in the squadron have a red/shoot me first passport?" I was in a room full of people and everyone took it as a legit question.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I had a Red "shoot me first" passport during my time in. Also had a regular blue U.S. passport. Carried both on trips. If we got hijacked, the red one, and my military ID were going to be stuffed down the side of the seat cushion in the aircraft.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Eat your pudding grandpa, Matlock will be on soon.

:D
    Now BBI, you know I'm Blue ID Mafia. The proper response would be comments about parking my 1977 Lincoln Town Car in 6 parking spots, wearing socks with sandals and a shirt with epaulets, and writing a check for the exact amount while buying one tangerine.

Top Bottom