Update! Live Police Audio (Marion County)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    :laugh: I feel the same way. I used that "safetown" link a few posts up and changed the setting to show all "recent" alerts and my browser about froze trying to load it. Then it was a sea of blue across all of Indianapolis. Just reinforces my choice to carry at all times.

Holy :poop:

14176614723_3372bf7a81_o.gif

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I seldom listen to my own feed this time of day, but MY GOD is it always like this in the early evenings? Holdups, shootings, child abuse, hit and runs--what's going on in Indy these days???

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I installed a new radio (Uniden BCD536HP) on my feed tonight. The improvement is massive. Audio had been terrible with my Pro 197 (which worked well in Brownsburg) since we moved two months ago. Thanks to Jeff at the Hamstation in Evansville for getting the radio to us and their years of support to the amateur radio hobby!

I'll be doing advanced tuning to further improve it and also will work to resolve the present low audio level.

Enjoy!

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Another heads-up here, as I just made the single most significant improvement since I started this feed five years ago... Recent hardware (a Wi-Fi "dongle" connected to the radio) and software (the ability to stream audio and metadata via URL) advances have really improved the listening experience. In particular:

Audio is now 100% digital until it reaches your speaker. Gone is that "nails on the chalkboard, listener's fatigue" that was always present.

Background noise and the "pops" and "blips" at the beginning and end of transmissions have been nearly eliminated.

Text tags are more descriptive and are synchronized much more closely with the audio.

I still have some tweaking and fine-tuning to do, since the radio's new firmware has a bit different (and improved) P25 decoding characteristics, but that's a never-ending cat-and-mouse game, and half the fun of this hobby. Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy the feed and please remain mindful of the points made in the OP.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Thank you providing the excellent listening experience.

I thought I read that municipal workers in a .gov vehicle can listen to public safety radio transmission's. Is this one of the exceptions in the law?

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Just seen a chase on Holt rd. and turned on this excellent app.

A black male bailed with a gun in hand. Sounds like the pursuit came from a robbery. They switched channels.:(

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Hey everybody, first, thanks for the support! My Marion Co. live police audio feed is averaging over 400 listeners every evening (I suspect many are INGO'ers!) and is usually second in the world only to Chicago. I'm really proud of how far the feed has come in terms of audio quality, uptime, and my ability to solve problems quickly wherever I am. If you haven't listened for awhile, please give it another try--I think you'll be impressed. The link is in my signature, and the feed notes explain the equipment I'm using and the improvements I've invested in to make the feed better for everyone. Happy listening!

Top Bottom