Update! Live Police Audio (Marion County)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    that's a really good feed! it's a bit hard to differentiate all the districts when some cover others' traffic but it really is about the best MECA feed I have heard. I have been listening in my car all night to keep up with what the other districts have going on....and maybe to listen to myself on the air...lol

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This ought to be sticky somewhere.

(full disclosure: I am the OP's brother)

EDIT: The OP puts a TON of time, effort and yes, even some hard-earned $ into this scanner feed. There is no payback whatsoever except from those who thank him for providing it. No ads, no monetization of any kind, no promotion of any product or service are allowed by the feed provider. He takes great pride in the quality of his feed and it's usually in the top 50 most-listened-to in the USA.

ALSO, many Android and iPhone/iPad players will display the alpha tags so you can see who's transmitting.

Last edited:

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    that's a really good feed! it's a bit hard to differentiate all the districts when some cover others' traffic but it really is about the best MECA feed I have heard. I have been listening in my car all night to keep up with what the other districts have going on....and maybe to listen to myself on the air...lol

LOL that's cool :cool:

I've done a ton of work on this thing monkeying with radio firmware and a directional antenna and it's sounding really good now. Do keep in mind I'm streaming the alpha-tags, too, so you can see which agencies / districts are transmitting if using a compatible player.

In all honesty, I put this up for myself initially, because I can't hear this system very well at home. It's a ***** to receive with consumer-level equipment (basically, anything that's not subscribed on the system) and we're looking at ~$500 scanners, so I'm glad to put it online for everyone. I know it's beyond my control, but I hope all listeners heed the OP about misuse of law enforcement communications. It would be a shame to lose our ability to be both informed and entertained this way here in central Indiana. Please also note that what can be broadcast is restricted (no tactical, investigations, SWAT, etc. comms) and I abide by and take these restrictions VERY seriously.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Gonna bump this up. This is the thread where I learned about the interactive 911 map. I've monitored it for quite some time since both my sister and her husband were IMPD. I went there tonight to see what was going on to find out it is not active any longer.

Interactive: Indy 911 Calls

The only thing listed on the page now is:

"The Indiana Department of Homeland Security has stopped providing data to IndyStar.com for the Indy 911 page."

No explanations or anything. I'm upset to see this go.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Thanks for posting this up...

so far 3 people shooting at geese. a woman sitting in the middle of the road, an another woman with 4 social security #'s.
    it's made my monotonous evening a little more entertaining listening to the 'jbt's
    laugh.gif

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Gonna bump this up. This is the thread where I learned about the interactive 911 map. I've monitored it for quite some time since both my sister and her husband were IMPD. I went there tonight to see what was going on to find out it is not active any longer.

Interactive: Indy 911 Calls

The only thing listed on the page now is:

"The Indiana Department of Homeland Security has stopped providing data to IndyStar.com for the Indy 911 page."

No explanations or anything. I'm upset to see this go.

Try this instead. https://indy.safetown.org/community-alerts/ I don't think it shows as much but it's basically the same thing.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Thanks for bumping this one up! I listened last night for about an hour and am currently listening now. I don't understand half of what they say, but it's still interesting what I do pick up.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    10:45am Yeah thanks. Gives you a better idea of what our LEO's are up against.

11:15am Didn't know my neighbors were that nasty...

11:20 am Put in ADT alarm system and bought 2 pit bulls and a Rott.

11:30 am Finally carrying one in the chamber....

12:00 pm Moving to Swizterland. House for sale.

Last edited:

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    10:45am Yeah thanks. Gives you a better idea of what our LEO's are up against.

11:15am Didn't know my neighbors were that nasty...

11:20 am Put in ADT alarm system and bought 2 pit bulls and a Rott.

11:30 am Finally carrying one in the chamber....

12:00 pm Moving to Swizterland. House for sale.

:laugh: I feel the same way. I used that "safetown" link a few posts up and changed the setting to show all "recent" alerts and my browser about froze trying to load it. Then it was a sea of blue across all of Indianapolis. Just reinforces my choice to carry at all times.

Top Bottom