• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Most of our 2013 classes are full, but Mindset Lab students who have already taken Intro to Force on Force should come back to Pleasantville for Low Light FoF in December. What a perfect way to close out the year. :yesway:

Next year I'll be teaching a brand new class - Improvised Weapon Combatives.

November 16 - Private training (Full)
    November 17 - Intro to Force on Force (Full)
    November 30 - Private Flashlight Combatives (Full)

December 14 - Dynamic Force on Force Scenarios (Full)
    December 15 - Low Light Force on Force

January 18 - Improvised Weapon Combatives
    January 19 - Escaping Restraints
    January 19 - Defeating Locks

February 1 - Intro to Force on Force
    February 2 - Dynamic Force on Force Scenarios

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Yes! You are doing an improvised weapons class! I hope I can make it. Also, I will have to wait for my work schedule to come out, but I'm planning on being in your low light class.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Just coming off this weekend's classes. Had a great group off students yesterday and today.

Unfortunately, yesterday's classes were private and nobody from today's class is on INGO so I doubt we're going to get any AARs.

One notable from today. We had a student who had never touched a gun before. She was actually against guns until very recently. Her first time shooting a gun was in the skills portion (static people shooting) of my Intro to Force on Force class today and she put two marking rounds inches apart high on the chest of a bad guy.

She's actually the second student I have had who has never shot a gun before and their first shot ever was on a real human.

Before today she knew absolutely nothing about guns and as I said, she thought they were "bad". At the end of class she actually said that she now understood how guns could be used to keep you safer.

Long weekend of training......but very rewarding.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    One notable from today. We had a student who had never touched a gun before. She was actually against guns until very recently. Her first time shooting a gun was in the skills portion (static people shooting) of my Intro to Force on Force class today and she put two marking rounds inches apart high on the chest of a bad guy.

She's actually the second student I have had who has never shot a gun before and their first shot ever was on a real human.

Before today she knew absolutely nothing about guns and as I said, she thought they were "bad". At the end of class she actually said that she now understood how guns could be used to keep you safer.

Did she share any background on what prompted her to take the class?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Did she share any background on what prompted her to take the class?

Her husband wants to get a gun and she was really freaked out. So he got her to agree to come take a class with him.

I don't think she understood what she was in for. Mindset Lab is not exactly known for our gentle introduction to the world of self defense.

But she actually did very, very well. And most impressively, she has a much more positive view on guns now that she has some exposure to them. She has some more work to do to get comfortable, but it was a great transformation to witness.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    But she actually did very, very well. And most impressively, she has a much more positive view on guns now that she has some exposure to them. She has some more work to do to get comfortable, but it was a great transformation to witness.

Well if she was actually anti-gun before, I would say her instructors must have done a great job to get her to that point. Shay, do you think starting out in a FOF class was better for someone like this than starting out in a traditional live fire class?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Well if she was actually anti-gun before, I would say her instructors must have done a great job to get her to that point. Shay, do you think starting out in a FOF class was better for someone like this than starting out in a traditional live fire class?

Maybe? I have no way of knowing for sure.

I think my singular focus on self-defense and guns just being tools for that purpose gave her context for gun ownership that she might not have gotten in a beginner's live fire class.

She had literally never touched a gun before this class. She would get upset when people would talk about guns around her. Anyway, I was impressed that she came to class and was willing to learn despite her fears.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    Do you offer a discount if someone was to sign up for two classes. For example, if I were to sign up for the intro class on Feb 1st and the dynamic class on Feb 2? Also, do you guys offer any police or military discounts? Thank you.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Do you offer a discount if someone was to sign up for two classes. For example, if I were to sign up for the intro class on Feb 1st and the dynamic class on Feb 2? Also, do you guys offer any police or military discounts? Thank you.

I don't generally do discounts for one or two classes. If someone hosts a full private class, I will or if someone is going to take a bunch of classes.

Basically, I provide all the guns, ammo, gear, flashlights, whatever that you'll need to take my training. That makes it a fantastic deal. Additionally, I've built a 5,500 square foot town indoors to provide a realistic, safe and dedicated training space. Compared to other training options, I think we're already a great value.

Top Bottom