• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was going to bid on Lot #115 at the auction, but decided not to because the Century Arms 7.62 rifle had a "BROKEN BARREL TIP".

:rofl:

I got a good laugh from that because I think they misunderstood the function of the slant muzzle brake on the barrel.

Maybe I can get some money back from the dealer for my Yugo U/F because it has the same muzzle brake on it. Must've been a defective lot...:D

Seriously though, thanks pudly for letting us know about the auction...:+1:

I saw that too. There was another one they said that the tip was broken also. funny:poop:there.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    I will be there Friday afternoon and Saturday with a friend of mine.He just lives a block or so east of there.Ive been to the auto auction there before but never for firearms.Do they allow carrying there?I was kind of eyeing that beat up looking Ruger P89.I am looking for a used P95 for a truck gun and if the P89 goes cheap enough it would probably do.I just like the P95 better though.They also have a couple of rifles that I may bid on if they are in decent shape.I would also like to meet up with some of you folks as well.See you there!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i go there a lot and i always conceal carry. they usually have a sherriff and a greenwood cop there that they hire. theyre nice guys. ive never flaunted mine and ive never had a problem. in my mind with the exception of government facilities etc.... i CAN carry anywhere i want until i am told i cant. a property owner has the right to ask you to leave, but even if they have a sign posted you are still by law allowed to carry there unless they catch you and ask you to not do it. they have that right.

usualy the auction prices on this kind of stuff will be outrageous, so i will be there but I dont plan on walking out with anything new.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Thanks for letting me know.I just didn't know if they had restrictions of some sort for loaded firearms since it is a weapons auction.Maybe for insurance reasons and all that nonsense. I know that would be dumb but sometimes that happens lol.

gilliu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    I've jumped in the fray and bid on a couple online -- anyone else interested in the 10/22's and ranch rifles? :)

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'll probably be there, a buddy of mine was wanting to go. I'm pretty sure i'll just be watching, don't think gun funds are in the budget for me right now :D

That's probably best, I went to one there a yr ago or so, I wasn't impressed with the prices at all, + buyers prem. etc. I'm no expert but I wouldn't expect any super great deals.

But like i said: I'll be there.....:D

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I'll probably be there, a buddy of mine was wanting to go. I'm pretty sure i'll just be watching, don't think gun funds are in the budget for me right now :D

That's probably best, I went to one there a yr ago or so, I wasn't impressed with the prices at all, + buyers prem. etc. I'm no expert but I wouldn't expect any super great deals.

But like i said: I'll be there.....:D

I was going to bid on-line on a couple that, even with buyer's premiums and taxes, would have been a good deal. However, even though I only live a couple of miles away, the proxybid site insists that I enter all of my credit card info before I can even bid (even though I would actually go to Christy's, pay cash, and take it with me!). Nope, sorry. I'm pretty leary about putting my credit card info on websites I don't know, and even those I DO know have had an alarming habit of somehow making public thousands of credit card numbers.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    how does that proxibid work? Like they start the auction at the price at proxibid or what?

Yes, most likely they'll start the bidding at the current price on proxibid. Then as soon as someone bids, either online or on the floor the person running the proxibid computer will notify the auctioneer that a bid has been made and it goes from there. That's how we do it anyway. Christy's is probably the same way.

I forgot about this auction else I would be there too. We run a gun auction every once in awhile and it's always fun to see how others do it!

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Good auction. Prices were right about where I expected. I bought a few 22's. I got a sweet deal on a prewar (1940-41) Marlin 39a.

gilliu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Congrats to all who got great deals. Watched some of the action on Proxybid. Though I didn't win anything, I am consoled by the great deal I just got on a Ranch Rifle from the INgunowners classifieds

Top Bottom