• ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Here are my actual true, mostly unpopular opinions:

Ruger SR9C is a bad choice, unless you get really lucky.
    I dislike anything in .40
    CC or semi/CC is better than OC when out in public.
    Do not overthink your first gun purchase, you'll probably end up trading or adding more anyway. If you're ready for a gun, just do it.
    Calling a gun a "piece."
    Why is a Ruger SR9c a bad choice? I've owned 2 and put 1500 rounds through them without issue. Was I lucky twice?

edit: I saw chipbennett also has had 2 SR9Cs with good results. Perhaps you just had bad luck? More often than not, people I have met with an SR9c love them.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Why is a Ruger SR9c a bad choice? I've owned 2 and put 1500 rounds through them without issue. Was I lucky twice?

edit: I saw chipbennett also has had 2 SR9Cs with good results. Perhaps you just had bad luck? More often than not, people I have met with an SR9c love them.

I would put my throughput at close to 5,000 rounds between the two guns, with no issues whatsoever.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Non-violent felons should get their firearms rights back.

I prefer Milsurp to newer stuff. In fact, I'd take an AK platform over an AR 8/10 times

I'm prepared to get blasted for this, but the NRA is a soft organization. They've had plenty of times to DESTROY a group of people on the gun control argument, but they tucked their tails and ran.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You're compensating for something if you have to pack hundreds to thousands of dollars into a gun platform and brag about it online or person.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You're compensating for something if you have to pack hundreds to thousands of dollars into a gun platform and brag about it online or person.

It is perfectly alright to admit you are jealous of those folks. It isn't a sign of weakness. However, saying they are compensating is bad form.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I'm prepared to get blasted for this, but the NRA is a soft organization. They've had plenty of times to DESTROY a group of people on the gun control argument, but they tucked their tails and ran.

They have to let the gun control argument live on. It is how they make money. It is an evil doubled-edged sword.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Does that mean people have to stop posting in the show and tell threads? or they can only post there if its a hi-point.

They can post all they want. Majority of these people can't shoot worth a dam anyway with the original platform or they put all this money into something and never shoot, then critique someone else s platform as inferior to all they did. Hence the compensating.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    They can post all they want. Majority of these people can't shoot worth a dam anyway with the original platform or they put all this money into something and never shoot, then critique someone else s platform as inferior to all they did. Hence the compensating.
    How do you know how often they shoot or how skilled they are at shooting?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I condensed a lot of people into those sentences.

If you are proud of your guns and your shooting abilities I think you should post pictures just like everyone else. There are a lot of high quality guns that are relatively inexpensive. I'm afraid I just don't see where all of the anger comes from.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    If you are proud of your guns and your shooting abilities I think you should post pictures just like everyone else. There are a lot of high quality guns that are relatively inexpensive. I'm afraid I just don't see where all of the anger comes from.
    :lmfao: He's just jealous of all your CZs!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Ok, just clarifying. I get what you're saying, but you'd be hard pressed to point those people out unless you shoot with them on a regular basis.

Some you can pick right out they come to a range like they never been to one before, pull out whatever they want to shoot, disregard safety rules, and usually they have a few friends to make sure they know what they spent. They shoot, they suck, they call it a day, and leave their trash behind for others to deal with. Others are somewhat subtle about it, and some you find while online.

Top Bottom