• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I remove my chambered round in the car, put the mag back in until I get to the door. Stick my full mag in my pocket upon just before entering and lock the slide back so the LEO's don't give me a nasty look. My Spyderco makes quick work of the zip tie upon leaving, slap the mag home and release the slide while pointing into the dirt at those planters by the door. (not that I have to worry about it going off prematurely, its a Glock)lol

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    Couple years ago, I saw a man get in a lot of trouble for leaving the building at 1500 with a loaded gun. I did not see what happened at first, but several officers were around him and they took him outside.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Is the zip tie the accepted indication of being unloaded, and is it installed by the inspector at the door? I have some sweet Ingo Chamber flags that I was planning to use. I know the other shows I've been to have required inspection of the weapon, as well as installation of the zip tie by the inspector.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Is the zip tie the accepted indication of being unloaded, and is it installed by the inspector at the door? I have some sweet Ingo Chamber flags that I was planning to use. I know the other shows I've been to have required inspection of the weapon, as well as installation of the zip tie by the inspector.
    Its been an orange zip tie every time I've been. The LEOs at the door want to put it on themselves. When trying on holsters, I've just cut the zip tie and then kinda wedged it back in the chamber when done.

They like to inspect guns when leaving, too. :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If I'm not volunteering, I unload in the car, get my zip tie and place my gun back in its holster. If I'm volunteering, there is no requirement to unload.

If you carry a loaded gun in the show, the guys on the way out will ask if you are carrying a gun. If you forget and say "yes", they will look for the tie. If there is no tie, then they will suspect the gun is stolen and yes, the officers will have an issue with that.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    If I'm not volunteering, I unload in the car, get my zip tie and place my gun back in its holster. If I'm volunteering, there is no requirement to unload.

If you carry a loaded gun in the show, the guys on the way out will ask if you are carrying a gun. If you forget and say "yes", they will look for the tie. If there is no tie, then they will suspect the gun is stolen and yes, the officers will have an issue with that.

I'm workin this show, no unloading for me:rockwoot:

I always get asked if I bought something on the way out never if I'm carrying:dunno:

I'm thinking of getting a table at he exit and charging a dollar to snip the zip tie off:D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I will unload in the car and pocket the mag and +1. Present to the officer with the slide locked back and then reholster. I have been asked if I have a loaded mag or why I'm bringing it and have always answered with no mags and holster shopping. The loaded mag question is pretty dumb though.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    How do YOU unload your firearm for the 1500?

I pull the trigger till it goes click.

the_big_lebowski_jesus1.jpg

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    I think Steve666 is correct. I belive it was a 2008 show and
    multiple vehicles were broken into. The bad guys know it's always
    gun owners going to these shows and most keep a firearm locked
    in their vehicles. And as for security in the lots....well there is not any.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    At the 1500 I carry very deeply concealed, only way to know it is there is if they start frisking folks at the door, at which time I wouldn't go anyways. My carry gun is not for sale or trade so it won't see daylight unless I need it to protect my life. I do not leave guns in the car.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner :yesway:

Top Bottom