Unfair voting restrictions in Indiana. Wait! What?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Should have said, if you're a felon prohibited from voting, like, you know, from behind bars, you shouldn't have been able to register so no absentee ballot for you. Probably the address on your application would give you away anyway. I hope the people who process applications for absentee ballots know not to send the ballots to prison addresses.

Okay. Although that restriction isn't just for felons. If you're locked up for any reason, you can't vote. Misdemeanor/felony/etc. Although how hard would it be to get a family member to request the absentee ballot, mail it to the person locked up, they mail it back...

Kutnupe. How do you feel about felons(including those who have been released), those incarcerated, probation/parole being disenfranchised?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Oh, do not underestimate the power of the dark side of the force. Those flies are allies under my power. I can direct them to soil your cheeseburger.

So CM should not eat in your vicinity?

Uh, no. That's not what I'm proposing. One can easily include identifiers on the rolls.

That would be racist. In my case ageist. So I give them a password and have to enter it to vote. Since i only use it every couple of years I'll never remember the **** thing.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    So I think INGO has solved the dilema.

• Make getting the missing documentation for photo IDs easier and freer.
    • Perhaps extend BMV hours even longer.
    • Require submitting extra PII for submitting absentee ballots, maybe also to include submitting a photo copy of the photo ID or proof of exemption from the photo ID requirement.

Would that make democrats panties bunch any less?

Well, since none of that helps otherwise ineligible people vote democrat, I'm gonna say panties will be bunched still.

As has already been acknowledged by the Republicans, however, making it easier to vote hurts them. So they're not going to go for it, either.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As has already been acknowledged by the Republicans, however, making it easier to vote hurts them. So they're not going to go for it, either.

No, it hurts us. All of us. It even hurts those that would benefit from it in the short run.

Col

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    my dad voiter for 10 years after he died dem. me and white yelled a lot at each other over this

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    my dad voiter for 10 years after he died dem. me and white yelled a lot at each other over this

It's okay Kut...I am fluent in Ohio Valley Hilljack and often did translations for Harleyrider50...

I believe he said, "My father voted Democrat for 10 years after his demise...My wife (I think. He could be talking race but I am leaning towards "wife") and I oft times raised our voices in disagreement over his continuing to vote after his demise..."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So CM should not eat in your vicinity?

Depends who's paying. :)

Did Harley Rider have a son?

Eh. Possibly related, but not enough punctuation for the relationship to be very close.

It's okay Kut...I am fluent in Ohio Valley Hilljack and often did translations for Harleyrider50...

I believe he said, "My father voted Democrat for 10 years after his demise...My wife (I think. He could be talking race but I am leaning towards "wife") and I oft times raised our voices in disagreement over his continuing to vote after his demise..."

I would like to see voter registrations bounced against the SSA's DMF. Inclusion in the DMF doesn't always happen immediately or sometimes ever, and sometimes erroneously contains people who aren't dead. But it should be used as a flag that needs further investigation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Lol. Thank you for translation. I tried to rep you, but couldn't.

Kut (tips hat in appreciation)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It-isnt-fair-GIF.gif

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Till I can stop showing my ID for a gun purchase all those democrats that like to vote twice and vote after death can show there IDs as well. IDs do not stop poor from voting. India has IDs for all its citizens and they live on like a dollar a day. Democrats can go shove it up there wazoo with that crap.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Till I can stop showing my ID for a gun purchase all those democrats that like to vote twice and vote after death can show there IDs as well. IDs do not stop poor from voting. India has IDs for all its citizens and they live on like a dollar a day. Democrats can go shove it up there wazoo with that crap.

Right On!

ketilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2016
    Muncie
    I live in Muncie and I haven't ever missed casting my vote, however that being said, I am pretty sure we have to show our drivers license when we sign in to vote. I thought that was standard practice statewide.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I just read all 237 posts on this thread. Kut I agree with you on the voting times. I used to listen to a talk show host a few years ago who liked the idea of a 24 hour voting timetable. His way was to have the polls open at say 6 am EST for the whole country and close again at 6am EST the next morning. This would get everyone the exact same time to vote regardless of their work or whatever schedule. Plus it would also stop the East Coast from reporting polling info and discouraging the Westerners from voting because their guy/gal had "already won."

The ease of polling places can never be fair I guess. Where I live now I can walk to my kids school and vote. When I was young and lived with my parents it was about 5 miles to the nearest ANYTHING so I had to drive to vote. Luckily it was on my way to work and I didn't have to be at work till 7 am. I turned 18 in 1989 and voted for the first time in 1990. I have voted every 2 years since till I moved to Marion County which has these ridiculous "off year" elections for mayor. I never understood that but I do it because I want to exercise my DUTY and vote for who and what I believe is right. When I first started voting I didn't have to show ID but I lived in a small town and I knew the guy who used to look for my name in the book. Now I have to show ID and live in the big city and I haven't skipped a beat. I would even drive out to New Palestine when my Grandmother was still alive but not able to drive and make sure she could get to the poll. Bottom line- IF you WANT to vote, YOU will find a WAY to vote. -Jason

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    On of he problems of a 24 hour poll, can you get enough volunteers to work it? I think they have a hard time already.

And possibly finding enough places to host. In my "city" there are 4 polling locations, only one is govt owned, which is the county courthouse. The others are REMC/church/not for profit business. I can't think of enough govt owned buildings that would work as polling places that are spread out far enough to cover the other 3.

Top Bottom