• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What about you? How can you allow it to happen? Why aren't you there protecting them? Why do you own luxuries such as firearms instead of donating it to them?

Of course I couldnt walk past those sort of things. But I do have to prioritize. I have a family of my own to protect and provide for. A family that actually is my responsibility.

IF you would not turn your back on these things happening to one person on your block, how can you turn your back on millions of people? Saying you're
    "prioritizing" is bull****.

People like you looked the other way and "prioritized", and allowed Hitler to send 12 million people to their deaths in camps because it "wasn't your problem." Not you specifically, obviously, but people LIKE you allowed it to happen, and continue allowing genocide to happen today.

And why do I have to go over there myself and break international law by becoming a mercenary and just getting myself killed in the first fight I get in, when I can do far more good for far more people by voting for someone who will send those much more able to do some good than me?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    IF you would not turn your back on these things happening to one person on your block, how can you turn your back on millions of people? Saying you're
    "prioritizing" is bull****.

People like you looked the other way and "prioritized", and allowed Hitler to send 12 million people to their deaths in camps because it "wasn't your problem." Not you specifically, obviously, but people LIKE you allowed it to happen, and continue allowing genocide to happen today.

And why do I have to go over there myself and break international law by becoming a mercenary and just getting myself killed in the first fight I get in, when I can do far more good for far more people by voting for someone who will send those much more able to do some good than me?

So should a billion + Muslims be turned to glass like so many here are calling for?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I spent 6 months in Bosnia to keep genocide from recurring there. It's been going on for decades in Africa and we've done next to nothing and I'm supposed to believe that preventing genocide is a high priority when it comes to our foreign policy?

Did you go all on your own, on your own dime, or did you go because you were sent there by our government?

Are you saying that since we don't prevent ALL genocides we shouldn't do anything about ANY genocides?

So should a billion + Muslims be turned to glass like so many here are calling for?

Did I say that?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    False again. I think that the government making those sort of moral distinctions is an expansion.

I know you're trying to parse words and be coy about it. The bottom line is, as long as government recognizes heterosexual marriage, then you advocate the recognition of homosexual marriage.

Here's a thread where you advocate that, then try to spin it as actually being less government :laugh: since now they no longer make marriage distinctions. :):

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...this_doesnt_make_republicans_jump_ship-7.html

So, you can continue to try and obfuscate your position but the bottom line is, you want government to force the rest of us to recognize homosexual marriage.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Did you go all on your own, on your own dime, or did you go because you were sent there by our government?

Are you saying that since we don't prevent ALL genocides we shouldn't do anything about ANY genocides?

Did I say that?

No, but I'm not demanding others to do it while I sit on my couch.

Seems ending genocide is only important if we like the victims.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012

Yes. If there's one thing hornadl wants it's 100% consistency.

Unless you want government out of marriage while at the same time advocating for government recognition of homosexual marriage. Then of course he's a pragmatists and will take what he can get.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    No, but I'm not demanding others to do it while I sit on my couch.

Seems ending genocide is only important if we like the victims.

No. You're just turning a blind eye to it because it's "not your problem." You're letting it happen.

I guess you don't like the victims.

So you're NOT saying that since we don't prevent ALL genocides we shouldn't try to prevent any?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No. You're just turning a blind eye to it because it's "not your problem." You're letting it happen.

So you're NOT saying that since we don't prevent ALL genocides we shouldn't try to prevent any?

Were you not offering the genocide of the Kurds as a reason to why we went? I don't think it had a damned thing to do with why we went. It makes great propaganda to the American public to justify a war but if we genuinely gave a damn about third world types as they're referred around here being the victims of genocide, we'd have been in one hell of a lot more places in a lot more wars.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Were you not offering the genocide of the Kurds as a reason to why we went? I don't think it had a damned thing to do with why we went. It makes great propaganda to the American public to justify a war but if we genuinely gave a damn about third world types as they're referred around here being the victims of genocide, we'd have been in one hell of a lot more places in a lot more wars.

I'm saying there was genocide against the Kurds. I never said that was why we went. It's why I'm glad we went and removed a genocidal despot from power.

So let me ask again. Are you saying that because we don't prevent all genocides we should never do anything about any of them? It's all or nothing?

And I'll ask you the same question I asked another poster. If you happened upon some poor child being raped and murdered, would you walk on while saying "it's not my problem"? If not, why would you let it happen to hundreds of thousands or millions of people on the other side of the world?

I guess you don't like the victims?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

If there is a conflict out there that is so important to American interests, such as Syria that you mentioned, then the congress should declare war against that country as the constitution requires. There's the distinction you are looking for, regarding which genocides should be intervened with. Give the people's representatives a chance to have a say.

We each have our own philosophy about when to go start wars. Some people cannot find enough battles to fight. Others take into consideration that the USA is running trillion dollar deficits and overextended as it is.

I'm certainly not a fan of the imperial model where the United States attacks countries without prior authorization of Congress. Where essentially I have had zero chance to consent.

And the points about individuals personally joining the struggles of other countries are valid. Its a way way to personally fight for your convictions without extorting the U.S. taxpayers.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm saying there was genocide against the Kurds. I never said that was why we went. It's why I'm glad we went and removed a genocidal despot from power.

So let me ask again. Are you saying that because we don't prevent all genocides we should never do anything about any of them? It's all or nothing?

And I'll ask you the same question I asked another poster. If you happened upon some poor child being raped and murdered, would you walk on while saying "it's not my problem"? If not, why would you let it happen to hundreds of thousands or millions of people on the other side of the world?

According to those who know me better than I know myself, is hide in my basement. Of course I'd help the child in your scenario. I could go on with eloquent internet bravado of how I'd castrate the rapist with a spork buy what purpose would that serve?

I seriously don't recall you ever taking issue with those here calling for genocide against an entire religion.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If there is a conflict out there that is so important to American interests, such as Syria that you mentioned, then the congress should declare war against that country as the constitution requires. There's the distinction you are looking for, regarding which genocides should be intervened with. Give the people's representatives a chance to have a say.

We each have our own philosophy about when to go start wars. Some people cannot find enough battles to fight. Others take into consideration that the USA is running trillion dollar deficits and overextended as it is.

I'm certainly not a fan of the imperial model where the United States attacks countries without prior authorization of Congress.

And the points about individuals personally joining the struggles of other countries are valid. Its a way way to personally fight for your convictions without extorting the U.S. taxpayers.

First, I didn't mention Syria.

Second, I don't believe we should go to war without declaring it first. You've never seen me post otherwise.

Third, the arguments Hornady and others are making have nothing to do with money. They're condemning people for supporting genocide against our enemies while at the same time lending tacit support for it when someone ELSE does it by turning a blind eye and allowing it to happen.

According to those who know me better than I know myself, is hide in my basement. Of course I'd help the child in your scenario. I could go on with eloquent internet bravado of how I'd castrate the rapist with a spork buy what purpose would that serve?

I seriously don't recall you ever taking issue with those here calling for genocide against an entire religion.

So if you would help that one child, why not another? What makes ONE child your problem, but not another?

I usually avoid the genocide conversations. But seeing people say "ERMAGERD YOU SUPPORT GENOCIDE!" when they themselves lend it tacit approval by turning a blind toward it because they don't like the victims is really starting to get on my nerves.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend

Good thread so far. Very heated in here. I'd like to venture an answer to that question.

If you're a witness and have the ability to alter the obviously negative outcome that is befalling the child then I think everyone here would attempt to stop the act. (probably a reason many of us carry a firearm is to be able to protect ourselves and others) We being in such close proximity to do something positive with that child would cause us to act. Where as when we just read about atrocities on the other side of the world it just becomes news to us, and basically somebody else's problem. Unless you're somehow tied into the victims like they are your family, or perhaps allies to the US, then we shrug it off as just the way things go.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Second, I don't believe we should go to war without declaring it first. You've never seen me post otherwise.

Third, the arguments Hornady and others are making have nothing to do with money. They're condemning people for supporting genocide against our enemies while at the same time lending tacit support for it when someone ELSE does it by turning a blind eye and allowing it to happen.

Are you not letting it happen by sitting on your couch and not picking up your rifle?

What's so moral about expressing outrage over an event and demanding others to take action so you don't have to? Isn't that what the libs do with helping the poor? Instead of using their own money, they demand the government to take yours and give it to the poor. If genocide is such an important issue to you, pick up your rifle and lead the way.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Are you not letting it happen by sitting on your couch and not picking up your rifle?

What's so moral about expressing outrage over an event and demanding others to take action so you don't have to? Isn't that what the libs do with helping the poor? Instead of using their own money, they demand the government to take yours and give it to the poor. If genocide is such an important issue to you, pick up your rifle and lead the way.

No. I use my vote and my tax dollars to fight against it.

And we're talking about genocide against people who can't protect themselves, not welfare for people who sit on their couches.

And I like how you just skip over the questions you don't like. Such as "What makes one child your problem but not another?"

Do you disapprove of violent crime? If so, why aren't you out there busting violent criminals? Why aren't you taking them off the streets? If you would protect a child from being raped and murdered, you obviously believe that sort of act is bad, so why aren't you leading the fight against those who rape and murder our children? Or is that what the police and your tax dollars are for?

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend

I know when I read that the "Huns were killing women and children" I dropped everything I was doing and enlisted. :D
    2s69bbn.jpg

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012

Exactly how I feel about the war on drugs. If you don't like it, then you do something about it. Stop telling the rest of us we need to get involved.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

So if you would help that one child, why not another? What makes ONE child your problem, but not another?

I usually avoid the genocide conversations. But seeing people say "ERMAGERD YOU SUPPORT GENOCIDE!" when they themselves lend it tacit approval by turning a blind toward it because they don't like the victims is really starting to get on my nerves.

Btw, I've never said we shouldn't prevent genocide. I take issue with the notion that our government gives a rats ass about those being murdered by foreign governments. Do you think our government gives a rats ass about you? Do you think they brought you obamacare, the patriot act, NDAA, terrorist watch lists etc because they care about your well being? If not, then why do you trust that same government to act on the interests of foreigners?

Sad thing is that there are many who want our soldiers to be practitioners of genocide.

Top Bottom