• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    The wife and I went to get some dinner tonight, she drove us in my truck. She said she wanted to run in a store in a little strip mall for a couple minutes, I said cool...i'll just sit in the truck and wait. I relined the seat back a bit and was just relaxing when a car pulled in next to my truck on my side. It was some young kid, music pounding, in a small Honda that he has all suped up. Im looking at this young punk kid through the ext-cab window and he opens his door and nails my truck. He didnt even flinch, he just assumed the truck was empty. I raised up and he saw me. Oh how the apologies poured in. He said there was no scratch or dent. I was mad but said no problem. He went in the store. I got out and looked myself. Yep, theres a scratch. I opened his door and it lined up perfect. I got back in my truck and was fuming. I kept thinking about his face when he thought nobody was around. My wife gets back and gets in the truck. She starts it and is about to put it in reverse and I tell her to hold on a second. I unlatch my door and slam it open about 5 times into his door. I shut my door and smile at my wife and tell her that we can go now. I very rarely lose my temper but this guy hit a nerve. I told my wife what happened and she gave me a speach on how it should have been handled but I think I did the right thing.

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    Price for touch up paint.....$9.95,
    Getting even, no ahead.......Priceless
    :D

While it may not have been "the right" way to handle it..... sometimes doin the right thing, is not doin the right thing.:rockwoot:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Sounds like something my husband would do. Your wifes lecture sounds like something I would do. lol.
    Bet'cha he learned some kind of lesson though.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    You really should carry a valve core tool with you, I do. It causes no damage and I even leave it in the cap for them so it is not stealing. Creates a minor inconvenience and makes me feel better.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I had a rude awakening from an old lady smacking her four-legged walker up against the side of my vehicle so that she could unload her cart.

I sat my seat upright, she continued to load groceries in the back seat, finished up, turned around to grab her walker, made eye contact with me, grabbed her walker and threw it in on top of the groceries, got in the car and her driver quickly backed out and drove off.

No damage to my vehicle but there was no sympathy or compassion in her eyes.

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I had a old lady hit my truck in the parking lot with her door yesterday. I was in the truck with the windows down she looked at me and said sorry I just hit your truck(like I didn't know). I said did you dent it or scratch it. She tells me yes I dented it. So I get out and look and she had a dent in her door. I asked her where the dent was in my truck and she said I didn't look at yours I was talking about mine. So a little madder I look and since my truck is lifted she hit my step not a scratch or dent. I laughed at her and left of course after I told her to have a good day.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    FordMan, if you said "GEORGE!" before you hit the other car, then you are not legally responsible for what you did! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b9Z3MYo2M0]YouTube - Fried Green Tomatoes, favourite scene[/ame]

Stop at 2:00. I didn't use HandBrake to cut this. :laugh:

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    This kind of stuff really tocks me off. My wifes mimi van is a moron magnet, more dents and scratches than I can count. Two day after I got it out of the body shop for a dent in the fender, due to parking lot idiot, we came out of the local Meijers to find the rear door caved in where someone had backed into it. No note, no appoligy, nothing. My wife complains everytime I park my car out in the back 40. I tell her its not going to to end up like her van. Another thing that gets me is the peaple who think that the open bed of my truck is a trash can. I onetime walked up to my truck in a parking lot and was greeted by a very fowl aroma. Some moron had dumped a soiled diaper in my bed. :xmad: If the car next to me would of had a child seat in it they would of had the diaper splattered onto their windshield.

Fordman well done!!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My wifes mimi van is a moron magnet

Curiously, that is exactly what mine is. Everything from little scratches and different paint flecks to dents.

My wife complains everytime I park my car out in the back 40. I tell her its not going to to end up like her van.
    I DO park way out there...it won't matter.
    I can park in the far end of an empty lot, and some yayhoo will ignore every empty spot
    just to park [] <--this close to me!!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I always look at cars next to me in the lot, some I avoid parking next to.
    Profiling will save you some grief.
    I always tell my kids to be mindful of cars next to you and don't
    bang someones car next to us when they get out.

Years ago my family was camping, I was an early teen at the time.
    We left the campground and went into town to go to a DairyQueen.
    We were setting in the truck and a car pulls up next to dad's truck.
    Guy gets out and nails dad's new truck with his door. Did not even flinch, and went inside.
    Dad get's out and sure enough he was dinged. :xmad:
    Guy gets dad's large strawberry milkshake dumped all over his front seats for his trouble. :D

Parents teach your children well.
    I'm not saying if his teaching transferred to me or not here but........... :laugh:

Uncle Joe kicked a guys door in for the same thing! :laugh2:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Kudos to you!!!
    Reminds me of when I used to need a cane and went shopping. Did you know that when you lean on some inconsiderate P.O.S.'s foot with a cane they get a real funny look on their face but usually don't say a word?
    Just sayin':rolleyes:

Bob

Top Bottom