• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would love a sensible conversation with a gun control advocate. But given the appeals to emotions, manufactured truths, and outright lies I don't foresee that happening any time soon sadly.

I've had a few with foreigners.

In the end most of the reasonable ones think machine guns should be allowed but that everyone should just have a gun license and then be able to buy what ever they want without further background checks or anything, along with a competency demonstration for the license.

Demonstrating that it would violate the civil rights of Americans just like an internet ID card would, does eventually force them to concede there is no reasonable argument against guns when it is a right.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I've had a few with foreigners.

In the end most of the reasonable ones think machine guns should be allowed but that everyone should just have a gun license and then be able to buy what ever they want without further background checks or anything, along with a competency demonstration for the license.

Demonstrating that it would violate the civil rights of Americans just like an internet ID card would, does eventually force them to concede there is no reasonable argument against guns when it is a right.
    Technically I am still a foreigner ;)

I think that what many people who don't live, or ever spent a prolonged period of time, in the US is that the laws and customs are different than their native lands and that it would behoove them to spend some time understanding the laws and the culture before they run their mouths. These same people would ironically enough accuse an American of cultural insensitivity if they did the same thing.

To be fair though we have plenty of US citizens who do not understand gun laws either. And many of them are vocal opponents of what they do not understand.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Matt Damon Calls for Confiscation of Guns in U.S.

“You guys did it here in one fell swoop [in 1996] and I wish that could happen in my country, but it’s such a personal issue for people that we cannot talk about it sensibly,” Mr. Damon said during a promotional engagement in Sydney for the movie “Jason Bourne.”

Wait, wait... So... Jason Bourne.... The guy who shoots and kills like 100 people every movie.... And the guy who plays him is calling for no one to be able to have a gun.

Hey Damon... Find a gun, kid, preferably something ungainly, like a High Point. Find someone who knows how to unload it and ask them nicely to do so... I wouldn't want you to risk damaging your movie-perfect skin... Once it's empty and not a threat.... Shove it up your worthless butt.

Normally, I don't wish things like this on anyone, but in this hypocritical Hollywood puke's case, he'd probably enjoy it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    CBS is going bonkers.
    But they are getting a lot of feedback in the comments.

[h=5]CBS News[/h]June 23 at 4:21pm ·

This gun was not originally designed for civilians. Now Americans love it.

TheHive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    We hear this constantly. Every time the possibility of a new gun law or executive order is uttered... the leftists come out in droves and repeat the tired old line: "Nobody is coming to take your guns."

Just thought I'd create this thread to post examples wherein people are saying that. Feel free to share your examples. I'm breaking one of my own rules by linking to places like Salon, et al... but there are too many links here for me to go through archiving them all.

(Some of these found here: Geeky Leftist: The gun bans and confiscation we're told nobody is talking about ) Also check out a new Subreddit called "No one wants to take your guns"... wherein they post examples of just the opposite: https://www.reddit.com/r/NOWTTYG/

Missouri - An actual ban with confiscation

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms - Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons - The Gateway Pundit

NYT - Of course, the famous front page op-ed last December

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/opinion/end-the-gun-epidemic-in-america.html

HuffPo - Banning Gun sis Necessary but not Sufficient

Banning Guns Is Necessary But Not Sufficient*|*Rabbi Michael Lerner

HuffPo - Shame of Us, America: Take a Stand and Ban Guns Now

Shame on Us, America: Take a Stand and #BanGuns Now*|*Rana Florida

HuffPo - Assault Weapons Ban Is Not Enough

Assault Weapons Ban Is Not Enough*|*Earnest Harris

HuffPo - What If President Obama Simply Issued Executive Orders Toughening Gun Curbs?

What If President Obama Simply Issued Executive Orders Toughening Gun Curbs?*|*Earl Ofari Hutchinson

DailyKos - How to Ban Guns: A step by step, long term process

How to Ban Guns: A step by step, long term process

DailyKos - Which Guns would you ban?

Gun Control Poll: Which arms would you ban?

The New Yorker - Bloomberg: "We’ve got to really question whether military-style weapons with big magazines belong in the streets of America in this day and age"

Mayor Bloomberg Telling It As It Is on Gun Control - The New Yorker

Chicago Tribune - No more silence on gun limits

Congress must pass reasonable gun laws - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

Feinstein - "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it." (1995-02-05)

What Assault Weapons Ban? - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News

Salon - "It's time to ban guns...We should, that is, seek to “control” access to them and their use. But even that’s not going far enough. We should get rid of them, that is, ban them." (12/4/15)

The Second Amendment must go: We ban lawn darts. It?s time to ban guns - Salon.com

CNN, W Kamau Bell - "I want Obama to take away your guns. We could use a President who was, like, "OK. Everybody turn in all your guns...After that, if I catch you with a gun then I'm sending SEAL Team Six to your house..." (1/12/16)

I want Obama to take away your guns - CNN.com

TPM, Josh Marshall - "In other words, yes, we really do want to take your guns. Maybe not all of them. But a lot of them." (10/6/15)"

Thinking Beyond the Moment

HuffPo - "Needed: Domestic Disarmament, Not 'Gun Control'...Above all, domestic disarmament is a true, compelling vision which cannot be said about the small gun control measures that are currently promoted by some of the most enlightened people among us." (12/7/15)

Needed: Domestic Disarmament, Not 'Gun Control'*|*Amitai Etzioni

Georgia - Six Democrats in Georgia’s state House of Representatives unveiled a bill on Jan. 11 that would “require seizure” of “certain weaponry and ammunition” (1/14/16)

Read the Gun ?Seizure? Bill Introduced by Democrats That Will Likely Send a Chill Down the Spines of Georgia Gun Owners | TheBlaze.com

They could not get it done so they will now use the false flag concept and declare martial law using the BLM and other tools, see how Potus responded so quick this time, where were they for Bengali???
    Nice work on putting these links together Many Thanks!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I frigging hate the label "Weapons os Mass Destruction"!

NO THEY'RE NOT.

One person with even an assault rifle (a real one), can not take a city out.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You only have to skim recent history in Israel to just know this will come here

The only realistic option I see is to be well armed at all times and every location possible. We wont be able to stop it but we may be able to limit the damage

I think its time to fit the wing hardpoints for dumb bombs on the 52s again for the coming anti-ISIS mission

View attachment 48553

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I love his false flag statement that we claim increased guns will stop this from happening. We're not too naïve to think we can stop a lunatic, we just know we can respond faster than the police can if everyone is armed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom