• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    true on both.Penn will kill everyone at welterweight, but if he does and wants to make a legacy he will HAVE to jump up.there's no one left honestly

yeah, having watched both franklin/spider fights it was frightening, what he did to him. in the second fight i believe it was when sylvia was just weaving his head around his punches....looked like something out of a matrix movie. i still think gsp would hold his own, his wrestling is phenonemal, his striking is fantastic, and he is as smart as they come. if he could avoid the clinch he would fare well....think when lutter and sylvia fought. if he could get him down he has strong ground n pound

by the way, love the avataryou have....no one f's with the jesus

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Do you mean Penn would kill everyone but GSP at Welterweight? If that is what you meant then I pretty much agree. Even though Hughes beat him last year, Penn was dominating the fight until Hughes pulled off that miracle crucifix.

GSP is absolutely an outstanding wrestler, but he ain't better than Hendo is...Granted, Hendo dominated the first round, but then he decided to stand around and strike with Silva, which was his downfall.

Dana needs to give ol Danny boy a freaking break and let him get a win under his belt...I hear his next fight is going to be against Franklin, who is by far and large no slouch. Rampage, Silva and now Franklin?

Granted, after fighting the #2 and the #1 Sherdog's pound for pound best fighter in the world, Franklin will seem like a walk in the park.:runaway:

BTW, thanks...Your right, NO ONE F's with the Jesus.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    i was meaning with the exception of fitch(or is it florian, i always mix those two up) there is'nt much left for penn at 155, at welterweight hughes will give him a decent fight, and gsp obviously. but hell the only fighters to beat penn are machida(thats a hell of a weightclass jump) hughes, gsp and one other(pulver mabey)yeah, i think hendo deserves to fight a can, go back to 205 and fight elvis sinosec

i do wanna see penn fight huerta(just to see penn smash him) and i'd like guida to get a title shot eventually he had a tough stretch(got hosed against tyson griffin and beat huerta for 14 minutes, till he pulled a submission out of his a$$)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Florian is the lanky 155'r and Fitch is the #1 contender at the welterweight.

Yeah Pulver beat him once and he had a draw with Caol Uno.

LOL, I forgot he fought Machida...That is down right ridiculous.

BJ is insane though and will fight anyone.

Rogan said it best Saturday night when he said, "if you told BJ you could beat him up, he'd fight you right then and there...And on the off chance you did beat him, he'd show up at your front door every day until he proved to you that your wrong." Or something like that.:) Penn and Heurta would be a pretty decent fight. He might be next.

Why Elvis?

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    elvis seems like a nice modest guy, but he has a reputation of getting his ass beat....forrest smashed him, google video a few of his fights, usually first round stoppages

i think florian will be his next fight. he smashed luazon a few months back

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Well you can stick Hendo up against a bit more competition than that, I was just saying his road has been pretty rough so far...The roughest 2 consecutive fights in UFC history in my opinion...Plus, he is sticking to 185 for now.

Yeah Florian has been a contender for awhile now...He just can't beat the best.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Penn is a badass, I mean he was the first non-Brazillian to win the Mundial World Championships. I'd like to see him jump around weights and challenge.

I hear you, he is quite the badass...Definitely one 155 pounder that I wouldn't want to look cross-eyed at.:eek:

But, he has already jumped around weight classes (via 170) and while he is near the top, I don't think he is going to beat GSP, nor is anyone for awhile.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    holy god! i watched the WEC last night. the uriah faber/pulver match was Basass! the rest of the card was decent. faber/pulver i would say has been one of the best fights i have seen in ages

Broke&Broken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    That Miguel Torres fight was one of the best fights I've ever seen, not to mention he's also a local fighter out of East Chicago,IN. Keep an eye on him in future fights his submissions were incredible in the previous fight when he won the belt.

My wife and her girlfriend met him a while back before he signed with WEC at one of the fights in Hammond. He also does a lot for the kids and just bought a new gym with the money from this fight. If the kids don't have any money he does it for free just to give back to the community.

The Faber /Pulver fight was great too.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    yeah, that torres fight was great. it just seemed like that guy he fought swelled up real fast. he took it to torres though

but yeah torres seems like a good guy. and he is ranked in top 10 pound for pound by yahoo. not sure where sh sets on sher(pride is way better than ufc fanboy home)dog

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    but yeah torres seems like a good guy. and he is ranked in top 10 pound for pound by yahoo. not sure where sh sets on sher(pride is way better than ufc fanboy home)dog

He's number 10. I think this list is old though, because Gomi is above Penn on it(which he clearly shouldn't be), but on the lightweight rankings, BJ is above Gomi.

GSP should definitely be above Rampage too.

1. Anderson Silva
    2. Rampage
    3. GSP
    4. Fedor
    5. Big Nog
    6. Urijah Faber
    7. Takanori Gomi
    8. Norifumi Yamamoto
    9. BJ Penn
    10. Miquel Torres

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    yahoo has released their new p4p rankings

faber, penn, and torres all jumped, fedor is falling as is coture, hendo and jackson due to inactivity

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yeah, I'm not even going to start a new thread about 85, since there just wasn't much to talk about.

The final dark match of the night was the best fight.

I'm not sure if the welterweight competition is a lot better nowadays, or if Hughes is just on his way out...I'm pretty damn sure he just took this fight so he could go out with a win, so it looks like he's going to have to go a bit further down the ladder to do so.

That same douche bag that did the Elite XC is now doing UFC, and screwed up the very first fight he ref'ed (early stoppage) Vera vs. Wurdem. 15 seconds left in the round and Wurdem had him mounted and he called it...It was retarded. You can tell he got his ass chewed out between fights because then he let the Bisping fight go on for maybe even longer than needed.

Top Bottom