• Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Anyone get a chance to see UFC 84?

*****Spoiler Alert!!!*****

It was a good one...One of the most stacked cards I've ever seen.

I'm glad to see Wandy get a "W" under his belt in the UFC and I'm also glad to see roid freak get his ass handed to him by BJ Penn.

And seeing Tito lose is always a plus.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    I'm not sold on Machida yet...I'll give him a few more fights. Tito is just a punk ass on a downslide at this point in his career. I'll be interested to see who they look up for him (Machida) next. I'm glad Tito is gone.

The only two fights I am looking forward to are the Forrest Griffin/Rampage Jackson and whoever they get to finally knock Anderson Silva off the pedestal.

Machida in the last few years has had trouble finishing fights and has been taking them the distance most of the time. Only time will tell how good he will be. Then again, he could just be another Cro Cop or Shogun Rua that is all talked up forever, then gets a beat down when they put them up against a legitimate fighter in the UFC.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    i am by no means a tito fan, but when machida is dana whites golden boy in a year he will be the one i hate. he's a great fighter, but an absolute bore to watch.

i heard after penn beat sherk he walked over, rubbed some of sherks blood on his glove and licked it off like he did with stevenson a few months back(if he did that is an absolute lack of class)

wandy smashed jardeine(no suprise)glad to see him back in old form.

i can't wait till next month. forrest griffin next light heavyweight champ

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The only two fights I am looking forward to are the Forrest Griffin/Rampage Jackson and whoever they get to finally knock Anderson Silva off the pedestal.

Well, I'm not really looking forward to Forrest/Rampage just because it is not going to be a fun fight to watch if you like Forest.

Machida might be the #1 contender after Forest gets his ass beat...I think he 'll put up a better fight than Griffin will, but Rampage will still win.

NO ONE is touching Anderson Silva for AWHILE. I think he should test the waters in Light-Heavyweight...He made someone short work of a guy(Hendo) that went the distance with Rampage and if it weren't for a couple of knockdowns late in the fight that left a bad taste in the judges mouth, he would've maybe won.

Yeah BJ licked Sherks blood, but they hated each other...There is no way Forrest can win, unless he can run around the ring for 25 minutes and point himself into a victory, because he sure as hell can't finish a fight.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    everyone was convinced he would get killed against rau......then they blamed rua's knee(no mention of griffins bum shoulder) griffin took it to him. hell he is now training with wandy and the rest of cotures gang and wandy smashed jackson. same with rua, he crushed jackson. forrest is working on his clinch(where wandy and rua killed rampage)has a heart the size of texas, and insane cardio. and the only fights he has lost since turning pro have been from tito(bs loss) dan severan(his pro debut) jeremy horn(was a beast, now just punchdrunk) and the magic punch jardeine landed on him. he's got a shot.

jackson has'nt fought since henderson,has crappy clench, and a nasty ego(just think kevin randelman). although he is as strong as good moonshine, and has deadly hands and endurance, he can be beat.

lets hope i'm right

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    lets hope i'm right

I DO!!!

I just don't think it is going to happen. Rampage is much more experienced now, then when he fought Rua or Wandy.

It is weird how weak Rampages clinch is, since he is as strong as any 205 pounder in the world.

But you can't honestly look at Rua in his fight with Griffin and tell me he was even at 85%...He was wasn't, period.

Like I said before, I will be jumping up and down rooting for Griffin, I like him...He is a class act with the heart of a lion. I just think he might be in over his head a bit(at least for now).

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    yea, rua did look a bit off, but with forrest not being 100% either at least it was a fair fight.and lets be honest rua @85% is still better than several mid to top tier fighters @100% and it's not like you can take the cut rua put on his head as a massive blow. i think forrest bleeds in weigh in's, he has so frikkin much scar tissue.

i think he's about to reach the plateau most people never thought he'd reach.he will catch flack from all the pride fanboys since he was on the ultimate fighter. and as big as he is he could always go heavyweight if this does'nt play out

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Good points...But at least with a shoulder injury you can run...You can't do much of anything with a knee injury.

Rua was skinnier than he usually is, and he had flabby titties...Two things you just didn't say about Rua before his UFC debut. Granted, this could be due to not taking roids anymore since pride didn't drug test.

I would like to say Forrest just took it to Rua and beat him while he was at the top of his game, I really would...But it is just not realistic.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    I think Griffin's hard work ethic and attitude will take down Rampage.

But, then again I'm biased in favor of Griffin anytime.

I figure the only way to beat Rampage is to beat him at his own game, take the fight to him and end it. As soon as Rampage gets comfortable and settles down where he wants to be is when he is at his best.

The whole drug testing issue is usually why any fighter that comes from another promoter overseas can't usually hang in the UFC. Think of it as taking them out of their usual norms.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    yeah, but i thought page looked bigger in pride too. i think he's just got chucks number....kinda like gsp over hughes

and the first guy page beat in ufc was like watching a prison fight, he really has'nt had a good fight in almost 2 years, well henderson(my bad) but i thnik he's about done too, i see franklin beating him down if they fight

Last edited:

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    go forrest go!!!!

forrestgriffin.jpg

and here's jacksons future

Wanderlei.gif

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    yeah, but i thought page looked bigger in pride too. i think he's just got chucks number....kinda like gsp over hughes
    Well Rampage has Chucks number, but (besides Serra's first fight) GSP is going to have EVERYONE'S number for awhile. That dude is a stud...Probably pound for pound the second best in the world, behind Spider.

Man, I really hope you guys are right about Griffin beating Rampages, but I really just don't see it happening...But we'll see July 5th.:thumbsup:

Yeah I think Forrest bleeds if he even sees a fist.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Well, I'm not sure...Silva is so strong even for a 185 pounder, that no what GSP or Silva weighs, GSP is going to be much weaker.

I mean, you have seen what Silva does to a guy like Rich Franklin, and he is one of the most massive 185 pounders I've ever seen.

I think Silva should go to Light Heavyweight...Think of what he could do to Rampage in the clinch!

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    i don't know, gsp is a huge welterweight, and i'd imagine he could pack on a few pounds with little or no effort, sylvia honeslty appears small for a 185, i guess because he is so lanky, but he is faster than a crackhead. but if he could get in a clinch with page he would win via murder, i just don't know if he's strong enough

although everyone on sherdog.com is now talking about the potential penn/gsp part 2.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Silva appears small...But Franklin said himself that he was absolutely stunned at how strong Silva is...I'm a big Franklin fan, and it was upsetting for me to watch both of those fights. Franklin looked like he is completely out of his element.

GSP would beat Penn I think...Penn needs to stay just where he is. He isn't all that good at the Welterweight division.

Top Bottom