• ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Anybody watch?

Pretty good night of fights...The only thing I didn't expect was Mir dropping Kongo like he did; I expected Mir to sub him, but not drop him like he did before the sub.

Struve getting the decision of Buentello was complete BS.

And then there's the Penn/Sanchez fight...That cut! DAAAYYYYUUUUMM!

That was brutal...Still not as bad as the cut over Marvin Eastman's eye after Vitor Belfort got done with him(look it up), but it was pretty bad.

PS, I miss monkey3434 and our MMA discussions.

PPS, I've been drinking.:):

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i did agree with the struve decision

but im like you the only suprise was mir knocking congo down before the submission. i figured congo would knock mir down and dive in and mir would get a heal hook or knee bar or somthing along those lines. i imagined a replay of lesnar vs mir 1

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    i did agree with the struve decision

but im like you the only suprise was mir knocking congo down before the submission. i figured congo would knock mir down and dive in and mir would get a heal hook or knee bar or somthing along those lines. i imagined a replay of lesnar vs mir 1

Struve won the first round, but I thought Buentello dominated 2 and 3...He was teeing of on Struve's face for the majority of the last 10 minutes.

It was a good fight though, Struve has a helluva chin...Buentello stuck him with a right hook and Struve smiled and high-fived him.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Struve won the first round, but I thought Buentello dominated 2 and 3...He was teeing of on Struve's face for the majority of the last 10 minutes.

It was a good fight though, Struve has a helluva chin...Buentello stuck him with a right hook and Struve smiled and high-fived him.

defintally a good fight. it was my vote for fight of the night until bj and sanchez. the struve fight was one of those fights i wouldn't have been pissed at either decision it could have gone either way. all and all it was a good card.

did anyone see the attempted parivian neck tie. thats a move you dont see every day. its easy to get in pratice but much more difficult in real life, but if you get it it can be one of the tightest chokes i know of

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Now I wish I would have watched it, I cannot stand Sanchez!

I love Diego!

Dude is clinically insane, what's not to like?:laugh:

OK, Diego isn't my favorite fighter in the world, but cry baby Penn is definitely one of my least favorites...Too bad at light weight there is BJ Penn and then everyone else in the world.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    NO matter who Diego fights, I will always root for the other guy, even if I do not like the other fighter!

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Yeah I agree. Diego is aight. But I dislike Penn a lot. Dont get me wrong he is a beast. But after that last fight with GSP when they were talkin crap just because he got his a$$ beat. I really lost all respect for him.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i like diego alot. im a huge fan of his cardio. even after 22 minutes of being BEAT on he still wasn't breathing to hard. penns cardio has come a long long way.

but in the words of joe rogan "diego is a speical kind of crazy" YES YES

for those diego haters that would love to see him take a beating that missed ufc 107 you are in for a treat because he just gets owned. it was to the point in the 5th that i was actually thinking "he needs to run in and pull gaurd AGAINST PENN. i know the chances of him winning that battle are about 1 in 1000 but he had pretty much tried everything else and didn't even get a glimmer of hope that it might work next time.

so now the question is who in the 155 lb class is next for penn. kennys boxing seams to have improved alot in his changing camps i guess penn kenny is next:dunno:.

i presonally would love to see penn and anderson meet in the middle at 170.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    2zyexx2.jpg

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    i like diego alot. im a huge fan of his cardio. even after 22 minutes of being BEAT on he still wasn't breathing to hard. penns cardio has come a long long way.

but in the words of joe rogan "diego is a speical kind of crazy" YES YES

for those diego haters that would love to see him take a beating that missed ufc 107 you are in for a treat because he just gets owned. it was to the point in the 5th that i was actually thinking "he needs to run in and pull gaurd AGAINST PENN. i know the chances of him winning that battle are about 1 in 1000 but he had pretty much tried everything else and didn't even get a glimmer of hope that it might work next time.

so now the question is who in the 155 lb class is next for penn. kennys boxing seams to have improved alot in his changing camps i guess penn kenny is next:dunno:.

i presonally would love to see penn and anderson meet in the middle at 170.

C'mon man, look what GSP did to him...You want to see a bigger, stronger Andy Silva fight him? You must really hate BJ.:):

Also, I know Andy used to fight at 167, but I think those days of him getting down that low are long gone...He's a huge MW.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I want to see tag team mma.

Considering your Av, this doesn't surprise me.:D

BTW, I saw a picture the other day and thought of you...I saved it in case you ever want a new Av.

I laughed my *** off when I saw it.

fear.jpg

i think today gsp and penn would be a good fight and i think gsp beats anderson. andersons last few fights havn't been that impressing

You must have missed his last fight with the former LHW champ.

Top Bottom